Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Register To Vote

Started by Variable, Oct 02, 2008, 07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

The dead line is coming up super soon.  So go out and register , or else fuck you.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1832128

but also, do some research before you vote.  Lets not forget that Bush actually didn't get a lot of votes wether or not you believe he had the most or not.  Think about it, it was that close.  He had that many votes.  Then in 04, he actually did win.  Think about it.  this happens because people listen to stupid news clips and rhetoric coming out of the politicians mouths.  One of the worst places to get info about a candidate, is from them.  Do some real research peoples.  THEN vote. 

devilinside

I've been registered since 96 and voted in 3 elections....im cool.

Variable

now all you have to do is some real research ;)

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Oct 02, 2008, 12:32 PM
now all you have to do is some real research ;)

I've voted good EVERY time.... and i'm not voting for Ron Paul. He's not gonna make it to office,so in my opinion voting for him is pointless.

Variable

I guess if you had done any real research you would know that Ron Paul wont be on the ballet.

I was just giving you shit.  But since you brought it up.  Voting "good" is obviously a matter of opinion.  Your opinion is really the only one that matters there.  However my point is that your opinion might change if you did more research into some topics that you are not used to hearing about.  Such as the topics that a lot of 3rd party candidates do talk about.  Which is how they gain their support in the first place.

Voting 3rd party is not about voting for who will or will not win.  It is about taking a moral stance and voting for who the actual best person for the job is.  That is not a waste of a vote.  If you take a look at the majority of policies between Bush, Obama, and McCain.  The 3 of them are the same on the majority of fundamental issues.  I'm willing to bet that most people don't know what those fundamental issues are though.  Because they are too proud or lazy to go out and research them.  Which leads to people voting "good".  In my opinion, that is a waste of a vote.

But do what you want girl.  I was not trying to get people to vote 3rd party.  Just saying, do some real research instead of listening to the Rhetoric that the candidates are spitting out about themselves.

downtownpony

where is this place of research u speak of? And how do u know there not doing the same thing people on tv , and talk radio do? Id really like to know.

Variable

For more research?  Its not one specific place.  What I am talking about is getting out and hearing what everyone has to say.  Not just the two main parties that are saying the same things.

For me , my awareness of issues that I had never thought to care about before started when I read Ron Paul's book.  He addressed a lot of issues that I never even thought about before.  And I most certainly never saw a Republican or Democrat Presidential nominee talking about before.  So he really inspired me to care about these issues.  From there, I went out and tried to do some more research.  The best place being the Internet since it is not controlled by the main stream media. 

There are lots of great speeches and documentaries on sites like youtube that you cant watch.  However, there is of course a lot of crazy people saying crazy things through these networks too.  So you have to be able to discern.  One of the best ways I could recommend to you , to be able to discern who is full of shit and who has a legitimate argument.  Is just educating yourself.  If you want to know who is full of shit about how to fix the economy, educate yourself on economics.  A non bias, non party affiliated education on economics.  Then, from there you can form your own opinion based on some real knowledge and education.  Instead of what just sounds good because it was pitched right.

Also I believe that a solid understanding of the constitution ( the supreme law of the U.S.A. ) is paramount.  Every day I learn about more and more systems we have in place that violate our constitution ( most people don't know that paper money is a direct violation of the US constitution).  I never knew this, because I was not educated.  So now I have to have experts on the constitution explain it to me.  But when I am able to go to school and study the constitution better myself, then I will be able to automatically recognize violations of our supreme law.  Ill tell you what.  If you honestly think that you are a smarter, more educated person than our founding fathers.  Well you are probably wrong.  But if you are such a quality of person and you don't think you have to understand their intentions and purposes for setting up our country the way they did.  Then fine.  But I doubt that is so.  Study the constitution, study the history of the founding of America, Study the founding fathers.  That is another great place to start.

Here is an hour long video on the Federal Reserve.  I honestly believe this is the most important issue of our generation.  You don't have to agree with me there.  But if you just want my opinion on where I think is a good place to start, this is it.  lol, and I swear to god I had no idea Ron Paul had a part in this video when I chose to watch it.  Pure coincidence.  But the video is very educational on an issue that almost no one understands.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5232639329002339531

defskull

When my choice is between a giant douche and turd sandwich, why should I have vote?

I really wish Ron Paul had caught on. :(

theis

haha great video.

jonah hill was hilarious.

Variable

Quote from: defskull on Oct 03, 2008, 04:40 AM
When my choice is between a giant douche and turd sandwich, why should I have vote?

I really wish Ron Paul had caught on. :(
Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin for president http://www.constitutionparty.com/
If you like what Dr. Paul had to say.  According to him, this is the best candidate that sees eye to eye with him the most.

But before Ron Paul officially endorsed one candidate.  He endorsed all 4 of the big 3rd party candidates.  They had a meeting and said that they all agreed on a lot of the big issues that are not being talked about.  Or at least agree that there should be an open forum for these issues instead of a media black out.
http://www.votenader.org/
http://www.gp.org/index.php Some of you might be interested to know that this party has a Black Female for president.  Also a Female for VP.
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/splash/?s0820

I think that voting for any of these candidates would be better than not voting at all.  Especially if you agree that both of the candidates from the republicrates are horrible, a douche and a turd sandwich.  It sends a message that you are sick of the bull shit.

Also for those of you who would like to vote 3rd party, but you REALLY dont want McCain to win, so you dont want to take a vote from Obama.  Or you REALLY dont want Obama to win, so you dont want to take a vote from McCain.  The 3rd parties are suggesting that you find another person in your state.  Who would rather vote 3rd party, but is voting either Obama or McCain because they really dont want the other to win.  And they are voting opposite of you.  Go to the polls together.  And Vote 3rd party.  That way you are not taking a vote away from either Obama or McCain.
So say Kelly and I lived in the same state.  And I was still planning on voting for McCain.  But she decided that she liked a 3rd party a lot, but REALLY didnt wan't McCain to win , so she was voting Obama.  We could go to the polls together and vote 3rd party together to cancel out our votes against Obama and McCain.  Did I explain that good enough?
Just something to think about.

Variable

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 03, 2008, 06:51 AM
haha great video.

jonah hill was hilarious.
yeah, it was pretty entertaining

downtownpony

Quote from: Variable on Oct 03, 2008, 03:31 AM
For more research?  Its not one specific place.  What I am talking about is getting out and hearing what everyone has to say.  Not just the two main parties that are saying the same things.

For me , my awareness of issues that I had never thought to care about before started when I read Ron Paul's book.  He addressed a lot of issues that I never even thought about before.  And I most certainly never saw a Republican or Democrat Presidential nominee talking about before.  So he really inspired me to care about these issues.  From there, I went out and tried to do some more research.  The best place being the Internet since it is not controlled by the main stream media. 

There are lots of great speeches and documentaries on sites like youtube that you cant watch.  However, there is of course a lot of crazy people saying crazy things through these networks too.  So you have to be able to discern.  One of the best ways I could recommend to you , to be able to discern who is full of shit and who has a legitimate argument.  Is just educating yourself.  If you want to know who is full of shit about how to fix the economy, educate yourself on economics.  A non bias, non party affiliated education on economics.  Then, from there you can form your own opinion based on some real knowledge and education.  Instead of what just sounds good because it was pitched right.

Also I believe that a solid understanding of the constitution ( the supreme law of the U.S.A. ) is paramount.  Every day I learn about more and more systems we have in place that violate our constitution ( most people don't know that paper money is a direct violation of the US constitution).  I never knew this, because I was not educated.  So now I have to have experts on the constitution explain it to me.  But when I am able to go to school and study the constitution better myself, then I will be able to automatically recognize violations of our supreme law.  Ill tell you what.  If you honestly think that you are a smarter, more educated person than our founding fathers.  Well you are probably wrong.  But if you are such a quality of person and you don't think you have to understand their intentions and purposes for setting up our country the way they did.  Then fine.  But I doubt that is so.  Study the constitution, study the history of the founding of America, Study the founding fathers.  That is another great place to start.

Here is an hour long video on the Federal Reserve.  I honestly believe this is the most important issue of our generation.  You don't have to agree with me there.  But if you just want my opinion on where I think is a good place to start, this is it.  lol, and I swear to god I had no idea Ron Paul had a part in this video when I chose to watch it.  Pure coincidence.  But the video is very educational on an issue that almost no one understands.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5232639329002339531

Damn. Thanks man. I really had no idea any of that stuff was going on, before now the only political information I have been getting was talk radio, and its been about a year since Iv listened to that. I do remember them always having commercials with the talk show hosts telling you to buy gold, and that it always held its worth, no matter what the economy was like. They called it the gold standard.Sounds like a good investment. Now Im gonna check out Ron Pauls book to understand it a bit more clearly.

Variable

Yeah he doesnt go into great detail about the Federal Reserve in his book.  Although he does speak about it quite a bit.  His book is more like an introduction into many issues like this.  Issues that you just never thought about or never knew about because none of the Republicans or Democrats ever talk about them.

If you are more interested in the Federal Reserve.  He has a pretty big list of books that he suggest in the back of his book.  But he also list this web site as a great place to go learn about economics and banking.  http://mises.org/ at the bottom of that home page they have a lot of books that you can view online.  A lot of them are very technical and are not for economics noobs like you and I.  But I think that the one he says is a good starter book is "what has government done to our money?"

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I was thinking about wasting my vote on Baldwin.

I don't trust Obama anymore.

Variable

It's not a waste.  Pay attenion Josh!

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Oct 03, 2008, 02:03 AM

I guess if you had done any real research you would know that Ron Paul wont be on the ballet.

[/img]

Well.from what I'm told,you can add a person to the ballot if someone you want isn't on there.....

Variable

Um.  I don't think it works like that because he is still with the Republican party.  I think that they have the rules set up so that you can only vote for one member of each political party.  That is why a lot of people were trying to get Ron Paul to drop his republican affiliation and run as an Independent after McCain won the primary.  Because a lot of people still want to vote for him, but they cant. 

I am really not 100% sure though. 

devilinside

I'm not a 100% either,but i've had a few people tell me you could. Guess we can find out next month.

Variable

It probably also depends on the state to be honest.  Either way Ron Paul suspended his campaign and endorsed Baldwin.

I'm just trying to raise awareness to some issues I feel are important that never get talked about.  Not influence anyones vote.  If you want to vote for Obama thats cool.  I was just suggesting that maybe you find out where he stands on these issues too.  You know I think you are a smart girl.  That's why I try to challenge you with certain issues that are important to me.  I hope you don't take too much of it personally.