Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Register To Vote

Started by Variable, Oct 02, 2008, 07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

http://news.aol.com/article/politicians-battle-over-voters-attire/200356
I thought this was kind of a good side bar conversation for this topic.

"But it was no laughing matter to the poll workers-turned-fashion police, who said Nace's Obama shirt was inappropriate electioneering — and made her cover the writing before casting a ballot.
Now, a political fight over what voters can wear to the polls is headed to court in Pennsylvania — with the Republican Party favoring a dress code and Democrats opposed."

I kind of have to side with the republicans on this one actually.  You are not alowed to campaign at the polls.  You cant put up signs or hand out flyers.  There really isn't a difference between wearing a shirt that supports your candidate and holding a sign.  I don't think its right to try and campaign at the polls.  This is just some loop hole that someone thought they found.  A "dress code" to vote sounds so un - American.  But its not really a dress code.  They are just saying, no political gear. 

Now granted.  If your vote is going to be changed by some lady wearing an Obama t-shirt.  You are a douche. But people could really take advantage of this loop hole if they wanted to.  Making it very uncomfortable to go vote.  Its ridiculous that people cant just respect their fellow citizens and we are forced to make regulations like this.  But, that's America for you.