Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Zeitgeist movie!

Started by Necrocetaceanbeastiality, Oct 04, 2008, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912

I was telling my friend's mom about the zeitgeist movie and decided to show her the website and I noticed something that said Zeitgeist: Addendum and decided to check it out. It is a new Zeitgeist movie, uploaded to google videos yesterday.

Just started watching it. A butt-ton more information on the Federal Reserve and the way money actually comes into existence than the last Zeitgeist movie.

Variable

Did someone say the Federal Reserve?  im sold

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Economic hit-men? Scary.

lithium

💩

defkitty

I started watching "Esoteric Agenda" on youtube also...it's also about the fed and some similar concepts as Zeitgeist...

And www.thezeitgeistmovement.com is up on Oct. 10.  Peter Joseph is a genius and so artistically talented-this movie won best feature film at the Artivist Film Festival on Oct. 2.

he who dies with the most toys wins

downtownpony

just watched both of em. Gonna show it to everyone I know. Its some enlightening shit.

Variable

I was able to watch just about half of this movie last night.  I will get to the rest tonight hopefully. 

So far it has been very educational.  The part of the Federal Reserve is 100% fact.  No conspiracy theory at all.  Just in case that is turning off anyone from wanting to watch it.  The rest of the video, I dont know yet.  But everyone should learn about what the federal reserve is, and how it opperates.  This is a good place to start

bIondie

great movie. they should have just named it "Dr. Obvious And The Journey To The Center Of No One Gives A Shit".

what a waste of 2 hours.

Variable

lol, shut up man.  There are a lot of people that really have no idea about a lot of this stuff.  So far I have only been able to see about 3/4ths of the movie.  Finished the part about the venus project.  They for sure could have left that part out of the movie.  The parts on the Federal Reserve and the Economic hitmen is still pretty interesting though.

bIondie

they guy lost a lot of credibility with the first zeitgeist.

and actually, i find the venus project to be the most interesting part of the movie.

Corleone

Quote from: bIondie on Oct 08, 2008, 09:14 PM

and actually, i find the venus project to be the most interesting part of the movie.

yeah I agree, some of those religious views are rediculous.

Variable

Quote from: bIondie on Oct 08, 2008, 09:14 PM

I thought it was very interesting.  But there are a lot of holes in it that they didn't talk about.  To me it just seemed like a subject that would have better been represented all by itself.  Or in a different movie.  I'm still glad that I learned about it though.

I never saw the first Zeitgeist movie.  So I don't know what he lost credibility about.  But recently, the monetary policy of the US and our central banking system has just become an important issue for me.  So I was glad to see yet another movie, with good information, getting out to people.  Maybe that made me see the rest of the video through rose colored glasses.  I don't know, I should probably finish it first.

defkitty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10FI0g0PMhY

Only the first part of "Esoteric Agenda", but the best I could do 

Definitely watch for more on the Fed

he who dies with the most toys wins

Variable

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

I have barely started reading and I am already super sucked in. It's amazing how much sense this makes.

Variable

LOL, I love the part at the end of this movie where he is like " Don't join and don't let anyone you know join the military "  Fuck me there I guess.

This movie for sure has its ups and downs.  I loved the parts about the federal reserve and economic hit men.  This may seem like common sense to a lot of us who spend hours online reading shit like this from day to day.  But to a lot of people out there, they never even thought of anything like this.  So I think it is cool someone is trying to put the information out there.  But I kind of wish he would have done it in a ........less artistic?  Manner.  Someone like my dad would just turn off a movie like this because of all the crazy sounds and graphics.  I understand that they are trying to appeal to the younger generations and stuff.  But when in Rome....You won't be able to get your message out to people who can act now  if they turn it off and take you for a crazy drug addict extremist before they even watch your program. 

But as I said, ups and downs.  The rest of the movie after the economic whiten part was real hit or miss.  I won't go into detail, unless it seems like someone actually want's to talk about it.  I will just say that in my opinion, there're some really valid points in these parts, then some other points that seem to be half truths.  However, if you are still pondering if this is worth two hours of your life.  I would for sure say you could spend your time in a lot of worst ways ( like in my balls topic ) It's probably a good idea to go ahead and watch this movie even if you are sure you wont like it.  Just to expose yourself to the other side and issues and ideas you might have never thought about before.

lostpilot

I still think the world is coming to an end, one or another.
Just finished watching Addendum..

and I am sure, well, in my head, that the world is coming to an end. Or, in other words, any hope for mankind to evolve is gone. People are already brainwashed too much. Even you, Trey, no offence, but you are already too brainwashed - you're in the army. Even though I really respect your brain capacity and ability to think analytically and critically, you're in the army - a major mass of units designed to kill people. And it does not matter what do you do there - paint their walls, shoot extremist heads or answer medical calls. You're the part of the machine, part of the scheme. Scheme constructed of small particles and few major gears.

Mankind is stuck in a cycle we ourselves created - we evolved, we made change, even though throughout those changes we made tons of mistakes, killed incredible amounts of people, destroyed our planet, but we made change. And now, in the position of highest level of our integration and capabilites, we are unable to make change - we became overproduced by our brain, by our wishes, by mass effect. We locked ourselves - our whole community with not being able to perceive change, to make a major change in the world. And for this I blame globalization.

Communities before us, separate different communities, I mean, were different. They had different ways of perceiving reality, matters, values. Different ideas rose from different regions, better or worse. And know we're all one pool of mankind, almost collided into multi-corporation fronts. We all think we have same ideas (which actually are injected to us by community pressure), we all feel irresponsible for what we've done, we are not willing to give our precious media filled lives for a better future. And now I do not believe in any better future for mankind - not with the attitude we have now.

And now that monetary system seems to be failing, no such ideas like Venus Project are going to be noticed - nobody will care. The world will drown deeper into depression, into wars, into slavery, into prejudice. Everybody will want to have a piece of this cake. It makes me sad, that the world has no hope. We would have had hope if anything had been done ages before. For example, if religion was simply denied and rejected. I am personally agnostic, and I despise any kind of religion, especially Christianity. It's a joke, a cruel joke, a TALE, in which almost all the world believes. Differences in beliefs, religions made the people misunderstand each other, the wars started, the tension, everything. The religion was a way to validate the primal need for killing. But human being is capable of letting that go. And we do not let that go, cause we are afraid of any other human being in the planet. We create guns to kill each other when we disagree. There is no dialogue. There is no dispute. There is only higher political power (which I despise as much as I despise religion) controlling us all, infecting us with false beliefs.

And one last thing, cause I could go over and over again with these thoughts, the Venus Project. Lets say the Project would be at least close to possible - many people reject it. For reasons they provide boredom. I do not believe in that. Our consciousness is clouded with false beliefs, we do not actually know what are we capable of, because we stopped evolving long before.

Damn, I'm angry about humanity in general.

Corleone

Man is evolving... haven't you ever seen the real superhumans?

lostpilot

oh, yeah, the batman and the catwoman?
sorry, forgot those

Corleone