Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Zeitgeist movie!

Started by Necrocetaceanbeastiality, Oct 04, 2008, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

I don't believe in superhumans. Not these days.

Variable

lostpilot

wither-I

Quote from: bored on Oct 17, 2008, 07:53 PM
I still think the world is coming to an end, one or another.
Just finished watching Addendum..

and I am sure, well, in my head, that the world is coming to an end. Or, in other words, any hope for mankind to evolve is gone. People are already brainwashed too much. Even you, Trey, no offence, but you are already too brainwashed - you're in the army. Even though I really respect your brain capacity and ability to think analytically and critically, you're in the army - a major mass of units designed to kill people. And it does not matter what do you do there - paint their walls, shoot extremist heads or answer medical calls. You're the part of the machine, part of the scheme. Scheme constructed of small particles and few major gears.

Mankind is stuck in a cycle we ourselves created - we evolved, we made change, even though throughout those changes we made tons of mistakes, killed incredible amounts of people, destroyed our planet, but we made change. And now, in the position of highest level of our integration and capabilites, we are unable to make change - we became overproduced by our brain, by our wishes, by mass effect. We locked ourselves - our whole community with not being able to perceive change, to make a major change in the world. And for this I blame globalization.

Communities before us, separate different communities, I mean, were different. They had different ways of perceiving reality, matters, values. Different ideas rose from different regions, better or worse. And know we're all one pool of mankind, almost collided into multi-corporation fronts. We all think we have same ideas (which actually are injected to us by community pressure), we all feel irresponsible for what we've done, we are not willing to give our precious media filled lives for a better future. And now I do not believe in any better future for mankind - not with the attitude we have now.

And now that monetary system seems to be failing, no such ideas like Venus Project are going to be noticed - nobody will care. The world will drown deeper into depression, into wars, into slavery, into prejudice. Everybody will want to have a piece of this cake. It makes me sad, that the world has no hope. We would have had hope if anything had been done ages before. For example, if religion was simply denied and rejected. I am personally agnostic, and I despise any kind of religion, especially Christianity. It's a joke, a cruel joke, a TALE, in which almost all the world believes. Differences in beliefs, religions made the people misunderstand each other, the wars started, the tension, everything. The religion was a way to validate the primal need for killing. But human being is capable of letting that go. And we do not let that go, cause we are afraid of any other human being in the planet. We create guns to kill each other when we disagree. There is no dialogue. There is no dispute. There is only higher political power (which I despise as much as I despise religion) controlling us all, infecting us with false beliefs.

And one last thing, cause I could go over and over again with these thoughts, the Venus Project. Lets say the Project would be at least close to possible - many people reject it. For reasons they provide boredom. I do not believe in that. Our consciousness is clouded with false beliefs, we do not actually know what are we capable of, because we stopped evolving long before.

Damn, I'm angry about humanity in general.

i was actually beginning to feel down trodden today because of what is going on in america (which i have recently left behind to travel).

my mom is my life and i miss her so much already, she is basically the only family i have back home and i wish she would just leave the country and travel with me just so i know she would be alright... but your post has actually made me feel better because i know like you, i feel alone in all of the ideals and preservations of thought to reality...

i know im kinda sloppy with my message but thank you really... you are very bright man and never give up your creation, because that is all you, or i, or anyone can do is create love in art and share it with whoever shares the PASSION.

oh and hope is always absurd becuase we should have never hoped in the first place, it is just a "means to achieve an ends" and in life an "ends" is all tragedy and "non-belief".

ambition is the greatest folly of man.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

yes, man, yes!
it's all good, much love expressed!

I think without creating or thinking and questioning things I wouldn't have any meaning in my life at all. I don't buy the typical monotonic everyday bullshit most of people do. I don't even need those things.

And I am sick of the blind people not willing to open their eyes.
By the way, totally offtopic, wither-I, I always wondered what your name is. So, what is your name?

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

Darius :)
nice to meet you, after all, ha :)

Variable

Variable

yup

one of these days im actually going to have enough time to properly respond to you.  It's just taking a while to settle in.  I'm sure you understand

lostpilot

I know. I knew while writting you're going to reply in a nice way, so
yeah, I know.

Variable

I am always nice and polite

downtownpony

Variable

lostpilot

nonesuch

its gona get much worse before it gets better
i drink your milkshake

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Oct 23, 2008, 01:59 AM
yup

one of these days im actually going to have enough time to properly respond to you.  It's just taking a while to settle in.  I'm sure you understand

still waiting

Variable

yeah yeah tonight.  I'm about to go back to work.  I kind of forgot about this.

Variable

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 17, 2008, 07:53 PM
I still think the world is coming to an end, one or another.
Just finished watching Addendum..

and I am sure, well, in my head, that the world is coming to an end. Or, in other words, any hope for mankind to evolve is gone. People are already brainwashed too much. Even you, Trey, no offence, but you are already too brainwashed - you're in the army. Even though I really respect your brain capacity and ability to think analytically and critically, you're in the army - a major mass of units designed to kill people. And it does not matter what do you do there - paint their walls, shoot extremist heads or answer medical calls. You're the part of the machine, part of the scheme. Scheme constructed of small particles and few major gears.

Mankind is stuck in a cycle we ourselves created - we evolved, we made change, even though throughout those changes we made tons of mistakes, killed incredible amounts of people, destroyed our planet, but we made change. And now, in the position of highest level of our integration and capabilites, we are unable to make change - we became overproduced by our brain, by our wishes, by mass effect. We locked ourselves - our whole community with not being able to perceive change, to make a major change in the world. And for this I blame globalization.

Communities before us, separate different communities, I mean, were different. They had different ways of perceiving reality, matters, values. Different ideas rose from different regions, better or worse. And know we're all one pool of mankind, almost collided into multi-corporation fronts. We all think we have same ideas (which actually are injected to us by community pressure), we all feel irresponsible for what we've done, we are not willing to give our precious media filled lives for a better future. And now I do not believe in any better future for mankind - not with the attitude we have now.

And now that monetary system seems to be failing, no such ideas like Venus Project are going to be noticed - nobody will care. The world will drown deeper into depression, into wars, into slavery, into prejudice. Everybody will want to have a piece of this cake. It makes me sad, that the world has no hope. We would have had hope if anything had been done ages before. For example, if religion was simply denied and rejected. I am personally agnostic, and I despise any kind of religion, especially Christianity. It's a joke, a cruel joke, a TALE, in which almost all the world believes. Differences in beliefs, religions made the people misunderstand each other, the wars started, the tension, everything. The religion was a way to validate the primal need for killing. But human being is capable of letting that go. And we do not let that go, cause we are afraid of any other human being in the planet. We create guns to kill each other when we disagree. There is no dialogue. There is no dispute. There is only higher political power (which I despise as much as I despise religion) controlling us all, infecting us with false beliefs.

And one last thing, cause I could go over and over again with these thoughts, the Venus Project. Lets say the Project would be at least close to possible - many people reject it. For reasons they provide boredom. I do not believe in that. Our consciousness is clouded with false beliefs, we do not actually know what are we capable of, because we stopped evolving long before.

Damn, I'm angry about humanity in general.
Ok, so its about time I respond to this.  Sorry it took me so long.  I had to wave my flag for 30 days straight in order to gain my nationalism back after reading this ;)

Look.  I know that after watching a video like this and really contemplating the depths of the evil capabilities of humanity, life can look pretty gloom.  But this is simply one of the many schools of thought out there.  I think you should dig a bit deeper into some of the philosophers like John Locke and Voltaire before you go ahead and make a total judgement on the world.

But Ill just start with a defense of my military service, then we can carry on the conversation from there.

I am in the military ( specifically the Navy, even more specifically the Fleet Marine Force ) But this does not in any way make me brain washed.   The US military is a machine.  One of the Jobs of the military is to kill other people.  However, if this machine is used properly, most people would be ok with the circumstances in which this killing happens.  Lets dig a bit deeper into it. 

We need government.  Why?  To provide us freedom under law.  How do laws provide us freedom?  Well it has been argued ( and widely accepted ) that if man is 100% free, he will be in a constant state of war.  You and I are not 100% free.  Beyond all the bull shit laws of our countries, at the roots of the constitutions of our countries, we are still not 100% free.  I can't rape you, I cant murder you, can't assault you, steal your property ect ect.  These are freedoms that we as humans give up, in order to obtain peace.  It is called ( and look this up ) a social contract.  We tell the government that we will give up our freedom to rape and murder.  As long as they make sure we are not raped or murdered.  Therefore we no longer have to be in a constant state of war. 

However, something has to protect this right?  Police.  Police are great ( if they are used properly ) They protect property and life.  The right to raise a military was one of the only rights the founding fathers of America gave the Federal government.  They knew that if they gave the government too much power, we would lose our freedoms ( so fuck all of you democrats who bitch about not being able to smoke inside ) They knew that the main responsibility of a Government was to protect its citizens rights under this social contract.  Other wise, who is to stop another country from coming over and taking those rights away from us? 

So yes, I am in the military.  I volunteered for the military.  Not because I believe in pre emptive war or killing.  I believe in a military who stays and home and defends the homeland against attack.  However, I don't always get my way.  But I still believe in the American Revolution.  I still believe in the American constitution. And I still believe in the social contract that gives freedom and liberty to the people.  And I will defend it.  If its fuck up, I will do what I can to un fuck it through the political process ( Gregory 2032 ;) )

So yes, I am in the military.  I am a trigger puller as well as a medic.  I have done both jobs for my country.  But I also understand that without these machines, there would be even more war.  You can't tell me that you can logically imagine a world without governments living in peace and harmony.  It it illogical if you take into account human behavior.  MANY brilliant men before you and these clowns at the Venus project have contemplated and determined it.  I would honestly say that to me, you seem to have been more brainwashed by that video than I ever have by the military.

And before you totally give up on humanity all together.  You need to realize how far humanity has come over the centuries.  We used to go to war just because.  Britain would be like ....."I'm bored.....fuck, the French are probably having a fun gay ass party right now.  Fuck them" and boom, a war starts.  WW1 was pretty much  nothing but a power struggle and land dispute between cousins.  And WW2 was just a continuation of that.  Sure, today we have preemptive wars.  Which are disgusting.  But at least we have to have a reason these days.  In another 100 years, the reason might even have to be true.  You never know.  Look at the progression in the civil rights movement over the past 100 years.  In 20 years homosexuals might not even be discriminated against anymore.  In 50 years, people might stop looking at themselves as racial groups and just see through the skin straight to the soul and realize we are all the same.  The point is that it takes time.  And not too many parts can move at once.  But YOU have to keep them moving, or else YOU are the problem.  Not me, and not the military.  Because you can't expect anyone else to do it, or anyone else to care, if you don't.

lostpilot

Not to be disrespectful, trust me, I had dug deeper into philosophy, history, and all the other things you're talking about. So do not turn this in a way that I do not know things. I do know things. Actually I do not know another person that thinks as much as I do. Sometimes I think I will go insane just because of the tons of the ideas in my head.

So, yes, I absolutely agree that society and it's attributes (language, laws) are kept working just because of the Contract. And I am with you when talking that technically we need government to keep the Contract working - the only problem is that people are fucking self-centered and corrupt, so these governments become corrupt as well, taking decisions that are to advantage of their own mutual good. And in this way - I approve Police 100 percent, on terms that those people really do their job (what's really strange and unexpected to me is that even though crime level in Lithuania is really high, police really do their job well, I have met several really good cops, who were really nice in person too), so then they really have to control society. But what I do not like about the Contract.. in a way, nowadays, it is transformed, and every nation can claim that somebody is 'trying to take their rights'. People in these days tend not to do research, think or something, so instead they're listening to what their TVs are telling them to do (on this moment, I am sorry to maybe disrespect you or something, but in my opinion Americans are THE dumbest people in the world). And television spreads nicely shaped propaganda about terorrism (which, if to believe in Addendum does not exist and is caused by USA itself, that one case), about rights and so on. This makes housewives, that are absolutely bored with their life talk about these things and say - YES, WE NEED WAR, THEY TOOK OUR RIGHTS! And so they say these things and just go bake some pie again in their comfortable lives.

Wars are the most expensive Contracts out there. And in war, usually, whichever side of the conflict is always able to make their ways seem 'righteous', and now, in my opinion, USA does this everywhere. Even though usually those wars are profit driven, they're always claiming to 'stop the people from taking somebody elses rights away'. Bullcrap. In my pacifict opinion, none of the wars in the world ever were unavoidable.

And yes, I know that people start wars because of their personal interests, boredom and all the small things, so in this case I should call every Patron of every land an asshole.

By the way, I really do not think, that my judgement over the absurdity and hopelessness of humanity is shaped by this movie only. Every of my friends know that I have this belief for, like, forever. Cause I really honestly do not believe in any progress any more. When I took Cultural Antropologic Theories studies, I always had this thought, that we have stopped evolving in every way (in terms of "belief" evolving - we started out with Pantheism with Myths, then Monoteisim with Religions, and then Technology. And it really does not seem that there is something more to be discovered, a major leap and breakthrough in human consciousness).

Moreover, I must add, that I really adore the fact that you are a medic there.. this is better than just killing random people. You actually get to heal them, which is very important. Cheers.