Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Redesign of a Culture: The Venus Project

Started by Necrocetaceanbeastiality, Oct 04, 2008, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

defkitty

This concept is AWESOME and so is Jacque Fresco (spelling?) ....I loved his youtube video about geothermal energy from the 1970's.  This is definitely a dude way ahead of his time.

he who dies with the most toys wins

lostpilot

concept is cool, but it is non executable

downtownpony

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: bored on Oct 05, 2008, 04:54 PM

It is executable but only following a major collapse of the monetary system.

lostpilot

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Oct 08, 2008, 10:18 PM

equals a major collapse of everything our known world stands for

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Oct 08, 2008, 10:18 PM

I think it would take a lot more than that.  It would have to be some sort of system implimented with ideas over centuries.  How are they going to root out ambition and a desire to be powerful?

wither-I

it IS sad, how it is so plausible, yet unfathomable as of now to be delivered outright.

how such a thing and idea exists without a common constitution of consciousness to back it, and forward it to motion, realness and happening, is a tragedy in itself.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

wither-I

apart from the imminent woes and pain of so many which will be delivered forthright i am egging the coming collapse and total destruction of the global monetary system.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

nonesuch

i cant wait to get on a magnetic train and cross the pacific in two hours

i drink your milkshake

ToneDef

Kinda reminds me of Rapture.. And we all know what happened there...

Nailec

facism in a modern cloak.

that is what i read from it.

lostpilot

Nailec

ok agreed. but with strong totalitarian tendencies and a rationalism that really scares me.

Quote1. Realizing the declaration of the world's resources as being the common heritage of all Earth's people.

yeah. like that would work through a declaration.

Quote4. Assisting in stabilizing the world's population through education and voluntary birth control.

=killing all people that brake this law as the consequence of the projects rationalism

5. Reclaiming and restoring the natural environment to the best of our ability.

a high love for nature could be dialectical connected with a high hate on culture and humanity. the ns regime made some very modern laws for the safety of nature and animals...

Quote6. Redesigning our cities, transportation systems, agricultural industries and industrial plants so that they are energy efficient, clean, and able to conveniently serve the needs of all people.

before this you have to make sure all the people have the same needs. so they would be killed

blah blah i stop that now. we know the rest from stalin and mao.

what would such an experiment say us about its possibilty to work for the whole world?

samson simpson

alvarezbassist17

what a crock of shit.  just like communism, it sounds like a great deal, you know, very against the grain.  but there is always one or a group of major benefactors at the top, usually those who formed the movement, that reap all of the rewards, and i think that really negates the whole idea of it.  there's so much corruption that comes with those types of systems, not that there isn't any in capitalism, but that's all from people that are against the societal benefits anyways, and those people will most definitely still exist in this system.  and like variable said, shit gets done by people striving for greatness.  what's wrong with capitalism, anyway?  when it's done right, it's clearly the most tried and true method for prosperity.

nonesuch

yea look where its got us

I'll fucking kill you for you nikes
i drink your milkshake

Variable

That's becaues it isn't being done right.