Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

I believe in your humanity.

Godspeed.

:)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

lol, wtf?

I still have 2 years on my contract either way.

Variable

Ah this is so unfair.  Just because you are in the military does not mean you are not a free thinking human!  lol but I don't have time to defend myself because I have a 30 min time limit and I have already been on for a while.  Ghey

Jerry_Curls

Would you ever try to leave early for being a conscientious objector?

P.S. voted for the last one
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

devilinside

OK this is a retarded thread...but he should totally stay in. He makes Navy uniforms look good. LOL

lostpilot

never should have in the first place :P

nonesuch

i drink your milkshake

goldpony

i still believe in trey!
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Zevaka

no

who will keep us informed if he quits?

alvarezbassist17

i think he should stay, i like knowing who's killing the world's towelheads

Variable

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Oct 23, 2008, 02:06 AM
Would you ever try to leave early for being a conscientious objector?

P.S. voted for the last one
I don't think it works like that.  You can be a conscientious objector but I believe you spend your conscientious objecting in the brig until your time is up.   

But to answer your question, yes.  Never say never.  If they tried telling me I had to start "counter terrorist" operations on US soil, that would be too much for me to swallow.  I know that at the moment we are already in a shit storm of illegal and unconstitutional situations.  But if anything was that blatantly unconstitutional I would straight pack up and leave.  Or something else like it.

As far as things are going today?  No.  I have seen the enemy, looked them right in the eye.  They are as real as me.  There're are some real haters out there.  Now, it gets complicated because I do believe that ( as Ron Paul says ) this is due to the blow back of our country being there in the first place.  I believe we should pull out of the middle east all together.  But until our country gets their shit together, this wont happen.  And I still believe in the constitution and the American revolution and the Idea of what America is supposed to be.  And guys like you and me will never be able to change the world if we turn a blind eye while these haters try to pull some shit ( no matter how justified their anger is)

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Oct 23, 2008, 02:08 AM
He makes Navy uniforms look good. LOL
word to your mother ;) The marine corps ball is coming up.  Ill be in my dress blues ( in vegas ) ill be sure to call a press conference for a photo op for all my public.
Quote from: bored on Oct 23, 2008, 05:52 AM
never should have in the first place :P
It has been good to me in a lot of ways.  It has opened my mind to new places I would have never thought I would go.  I have seen a lot of life that most people never will.  I have received tons of benefits and also really found myself.  The military is not all bad bro, trust me.
Quote from: nonesuch on Oct 23, 2008, 01:31 PM
go clean the head
I'm a petty officer.  I don't clean heads, I tell others to clean heads.
Quote from: Zevaka on Oct 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
no

who will keep us informed if he quits?
Good point.  I love to think of myself as a leak of information.  The NSA probably loves me.
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Oct 23, 2008, 04:15 PM
i think he should stay, i like knowing who's killing the world's towelheads
And then snatch them up from the grips of death.  As according to the Geneva convention seeing as how I am a medic.

But all joking aside.  The military is not as crazy as a lot of you think.  It kind of makes me sad that so many people have these pre conceived notions of how it is to be in the military and how service members act and think.  I'm sure most of these opinions are based off horrible Hollywood depictions and disgruntled "veterans" who got kicked out of left after their first term because they couldn't handle it.  They're really are a lot of really intelligent and awesome people that I meet and serve with.  You can't explain what it's really like unless you experience it for yourself.  But I'm telling you, its not what most of you think.

devilinside

Make sure I get a press pass...kthx

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
i still believe in trey!
oh and I didn't see this one.  I do too, I'm the other vote on that one

downtownpony

u should join the taliban, and stay in the navy, so they will cancel eachother out.

Variable

Hm, Little Johnny Walker?  I might get in trouble for that

downtownpony

Yeah just stay. Which I'm sure you were going to do anyway. My brother has been in the navy for 8 years, and he's leaving now cause they wouldnt let him go to belgium for 3yrs. He said once he put in his notice, everybody that were his friends before, are complete dicks to him now. Which I think is pretty fucked up. He's still gonna be in the reserves though. So stay..... if not for ur country, than for me.

Variable

For you?  Why does it matter to you?

I am trying to finantually set myself up to where I can get out at the end of my contract ( dec 2010 ) and not be a starving college student.  I have other ambitions in life.  But I do love a lot of things about this job.  So who knows.

downtownpony

It doesnt matter to me, I was just trying to put a thoughtful conclusion to my post.

Variable

I see I see.  What did your brother do in the Navy?