Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters

Started by Necrocetaceanbeastiality, Oct 23, 2008, 04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

This may be my new favorite game.

Taken from the Wiki: "Star Control II, the sequel to the original Star Control, is a space adventure game that features role-playing elements alongside a robust 2D combat system. It was a milestone for non-linear gaming and an undeniable influence on modern space travel games such as Homeworld; many consider it one of the best computer games of all time. The player assumes the role of the captain of a single starship wandering a detailed environment of solar systems, gradually gathering information and resources in order to defeat a mysterious and implacable enemy; the plot contains numerous mysteries and other half-explained elements that contribute to the beauty of the game,1 along with a rare sense of humor that manifests numerous times, inevitably having the player rolling on the floor laughing.

It is difficult to pin SC2 down to a single genre; it contains elements of exploration, scavenging, diplomacy, role-playing, and combat, blended together seamlessly. Intense, real-time, ship-to-ship melee is sprinkled throughout your interstellar travels. The Flagship can be outfitted with various modules to change and improve how it functions, as well as bolstering its effectiveness in battle. The meat of the game, however, is information gathering and the acquiring of unique inventory items through conversation and exploration to unravel the numerous mysteries of space."

This may just be the greatest game made in 1992.

A friend and I are starting a band whose name is a reference to this game. The Orz.

A video of the Orz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up4FdqYp_co

"There is *juice squeezing* and then we are not so *frumple*"

Do not forget to enjoy the sauce!

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

No? SOMEBODY has to like this game...it's fucking amazing.

downtownpony

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

It is so *squishy* to *smell* you.

I got what I think was prolly about halfway through it (judging by what I know I need to do to beat it) before my laptop fell off my desk and completely died.

downtownpony

not sure what the first part of that comment meant, but I definitely support
sex with dead animals.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Sex with dead WHALES.

And that is how the Orz greet you in SC2.