Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

voting strike

Started by wither-I, Oct 24, 2008, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 30, 2008, 07:24 PM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Oct 30, 2008, 07:20 PM

Then don't fucking vote. Those things are pure evil. If there is no paper trail, you could be voting for the wrong person.

in my neck of the woods (ohio) you dont get a piece of paper to take home, but a paper printout does appear under this little plastic window you can review after voting. im seriously leaning to vote 3rd party this year (green or libertarian; i know two wholly different viewpoints) rather than either of the major party candidates, but in the end i probeably will vote mainstream so my vote doesnt end being thrown away

There's no such thing as "throwing your vote away". It's not a fucking competition to vote for the guy you think will be elected, it's a fucking competition to get the best person possible for the job elected, and if you think the green or libertarian candidates would be up to the job, then fucking vote for one of them.

The piece of paper is not necessarily for you to take home, it is to leave some sort of physical evidence of who you voted for so when McCain gets voted in somehow, you can hold up that little piece of paper and say "Fuck you, my vote didn't count". While I am not voting, if we have another bullshit election, I am fucking calling for a revolution.

Jedidiah Solomon

What's to say any vote anybody ever counted has ever counted in this country? The last two elections were blatantly stolen, and to be honest there's never been a true president in this country, people will say clinton was, but fuck that, alls he did good was Egonomics, that's not enough. It's only been recent since Africans and minorities have even been able to vote in the long history of this country built off of every sin in the book. And once they were able to Kennedy was elected so they killed him and his brother, hired the one of the worst presidents in history and killed his little brother, then on to some more horrible presidents like reganomics and bush stirring up trouble in the middle east so his little son could come in and put us in the worst situation we've ever been in since the beginning of this Un Just country.

bright lights, big city

for some reason, i kind of agree with you. especially about politics in the 60s and reaganomics
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Um Clinton was good on economics?  You guys are lame.  Draining social security to pump more money into the economy to hide how fucked we were is not good economics.  Its called securing a legacy so the next president is fucked.  You can also pay attention to the "boom - bust" economic cycle of this country.  Something that is not controled by the president.  Clinton got lucky and just happened to be in office for the boom.  And that is fact my friends, not speculation.

Jedidiah Solomon

Quote from: Variable on Oct 31, 2008, 01:57 AM
Um Clinton was good on economics?  You guys are lame.  Draining social security to pump more money into the economy to hide how fucked we were is not good economics.  Its called securing a legacy so the next president is fucked.  You can also pay attention to the "boom - bust" economic cycle of this country.  Something that is not controled by the president.  Clinton got lucky and just happened to be in office for the boom.  And that is fact my friends, not speculation.

Speaking of facts and Legacy's, Let's talk about somthing alot more important than egonomics, and that is the WAR, cause by bad economic decisions by BUSH for HIS LEGACY, being the WAR.

that is facts my BRETHREN not speculation.

Variable

I didn't realize that me or anyone else was defending Bush or the war?

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

You're defending the idea of war in general by being in the military.

nonesuch

wake up,   clinton and the bushes and prob the last 20 presidents are all on the same team

all of this economics shit has been orchestrated to create worldwide panic and to give the keys to the kingdom to one ruling body that will block by block take away most our basic liberties

they are using the "incremental" method so that the masses dont notice and soon enough the secret will be out but it will be too late

save us o great new order, we dont know what to do!!
i drink your milkshake

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Nov 01, 2008, 12:50 AM
I think that is a gross over simplification Josh. 

Just because I am in the military does not mean I support preemptive war.  I'm pretty sure that if China started lobbing missiles over at us you would support war too.  Pretty sure that if a country rolled it's navy up on our shores and started landing their marines and launching aircraft in an assault to take D.C. that you would be calling for me and guys like me to protect the nation.  So don't give me that shit.  There are all kinds of different circumstances for war.  All kinds of different circumstances for military action.  If you can't see any value in a military at all.  Then you are naive.

shine down unshy

Quote from: nonesuch on Nov 02, 2008, 09:25 PM
wake up,   clinton and the bushes and prob the last 20 presidents are all on the same team

all of this economics shit has been orchestrated to create worldwide panic and to give the keys to the kingdom to one ruling body that will block by block take away most our basic liberties

they are using the "incremental" method so that the masses dont notice and soon enough the secret will be out but it will be too late

save us o great new order, we dont know what to do!!

Here's an idea.  What if  the real truth is that  people are just simply fucking up and making bad financial decisions?

Variable

Ill tell you what.  You take one look at how much control the US government had/has over the country before and after this financial crisis then come back and say that.  Secretary Paulson spent 250 million of the bailout to buy private banks and federalize them.  Something that was not mentioned when the bailout was passed I might mention.  Thats just the first dose of the money.  Who knows what he will do with the rest.  That's also just banks.  We already know the rest of the money is at least going to buy private businesses and federalize them.  This entire crisis was created by the federal reserve.  All the leading world economist agree.  Then it gets "fixed" by the federal government, and suddenly the size and power of the government has greatly expanded.  Yeah, total coincidence

shine down unshy

You're preaching to the preacher, man.  I'm very well aware of how much our government is very much involved in our current financial crisis.  But, I am right about one thing, they are definitely making terrible decisions.

Variable

well we can all agree on that.  Terrible for the people anyways

shine down unshy

Exactly.  The people.  That's what this is all about, son.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Nov 03, 2008, 01:29 AM

Just because I am in the military does not mean I support preemptive war.  I'm pretty sure that if China started lobbing missiles over at us you would support war too.  Pretty sure that if a country rolled it's navy up on our shores and started landing their marines and launching aircraft in an assault to take D.C. that you would be calling for me and guys like me to protect the nation.  So don't give me that shit.  There are all kinds of different circumstances for war.  All kinds of different circumstances for military action.  If you can't see any value in a military at all.  Then you are naive.

No shit.

devilinside

I just got this email...

"Next Tuesday we will elect the next President of the United States. The result will have great consequences for the nation.

This election offers a choice is between two men with dramatically different visions of the future. We have strong feelings about this choice. But we feel even more strongly that all Americans, regardless of political preference, have a stake in the outcome and should vote in this critical election.

This is likely to be a close election. Your vote matters. Please use it and make a difference.

Sincerely,
Trent Reznor"

What a turd.

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Nov 03, 2008, 05:22 AM

No shit.
well then what the fuck was your point?

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Nov 03, 2008, 05:35 AM
This election offers a choice is between two men with dramatically different visions of the future.
wrong.  They are almost identical.  Fail for Trent

goldpony

i know who im voting for

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Nov 03, 2008, 02:53 PM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Nov 03, 2008, 05:22 AM

No shit.
well then what the fuck was your point?

No idea.