Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Does free speech apply to this board?

Started by nonesuch, Oct 24, 2008, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Maybe,but at least I don't have 2 names and jump back and forth posting between them.

nonesuch

i drink your milkshake

defskull

So what if anyone does go back and forth between more than one name.  You're seriously letting his stupidity get to you?  If that's the case then you lose.  I'm sorry but it's true. 

nonesuch

nonesuch and wither i are two completely different people
i drink your milkshake

Jacob

we have rules here. it's as simple as that. don't like it, go somewhere lese. you're free to talk about anything, there's no censoring. but we need some basic structure so that we have something to fall back on when thing get out of control. as they have before.

that said, the chit chat section is basically free for all sort of random bullshit. but starting joke threads that don't have a point is just that: pointless.

oh, and I really don't see why you are complaining about many topics being locked. there are very few topic getting locked these days. and the ones getting locked are hardly in the middle of interesting dicsussions. and if you're complaining just because you like to "stick it to the man", then you should just give it up.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

nonesuch

she's fucking stupid and needs to close that fetid snatch pool of a mouth she owns.
i drink your milkshake

nonesuch

Quote from: aenemic on Oct 25, 2008, 10:11 AM
we have rules here. it's as simple as that. don't like it, go somewhere lese. you're free to talk about anything, there's no censoring. but we need some basic structure so that we have something to fall back on when thing get out of control. as they have before.

that said, the chit chat section is basically free for all sort of random bullshit. but starting joke threads that don't have a point is just that: pointless.
the only reason your a mod is because you have alot of posts. and maybe some unknown cock sucking im not sure about yet.

stop being a pussy and just let the good times roll.
i drink your milkshake

defskull

For real.  I'm not trying to stick it to the man.  Obviously there is censoring because you are preventing people from discussing things that you view as pointless while others may disagree. 

Variable

Quote from: nonesuch on Oct 25, 2008, 10:13 AM
Quote from: aenemic on Oct 25, 2008, 10:11 AM

the only reason your a mod is because you have alot of posts. and maybe some unknown cock sucking im not sure about yet.

stop being a pussy and just let the good times roll.

I have a lot of post and I'm not a mod.

I have been fighting the uphill battle against over moderation on this board for a while.  That's actually the reason why they made "the rules" so now they can claim its warranted.  See the people who were already mods, and all agreed on how they wanted the board to be got together and made these rules.  Without asking us little people (the majority of posters) what we thought, and even telling fellow mods to STFU if they didn't agree with the majority.  It makes me mad too.  Because I know how much more fun board are when you just let conversation be conversation.  The randomness is a huge part of the fun.  Plus if you want to talk about a certain bull shit issue.  But 5 other people want to talk about 5 other bull shit issues all in 1 thread.  Then you are competing for the forum and it's not fun.   

devilinside

Quote from: nonesuch on Oct 25, 2008, 10:11 AM
she's fucking stupid and needs to close that fetid snatch pool of a mouth she owns.

You really need to watch your fucking mouth kid.

Variable

Don't let him get to you Kelly.  You know that's all he wants.  Just ignore him if he makes you angry

devilinside

I know.... I consider myself a pretty fucking leiniant (sp) mod. I don't go locking everything,I let people have fun,I don't go around banning douchebags like him. And for him to talk to me in that way is absurd.

Variable

We have met a pretty ok compromise on all the rules and locking lately.  But every now and then I do get a bit frustrated when a topic is locked because "it serves no further purpose" or " has expired its usefulness" or " is way too off track" or whatever.  Its like right in the middle of us having a good time and laughing about some stupid shit it gets locked.....just because.  Then the board goes on for 3 days with a total of 10 post.  It just seems so counterproductive.  I would think that the goal of SL would be to have a lot of people having a lot of conversation and a lot of fun.  Making lots of rules and locking up peoples fun does not accomplish that.

devilinside

Right,and I agree. Like I said,the only thing I've locked are the NEW users that come here and post a new topic in every section saying "If you like bla bla bla you'll like this band!". It's cool to post it once,but damn,in every section? Once is enough. I dont care what ya'll say  (as long as its not harsh) or what threads you create (as you can see when I posted in bebos thread). Just remember,not all mods think alike.

Variable

Right, because thats what real spam is.

I'm not actually interested in arguing this.  This is Nonesuch's fight.  I just decided to throw my 2 cents in

defskull

I'm just saying if a thread where people are posting pics of their balls is allowed, then why can't anything else?

bebo

i just got some biscuits and gravy from hardees

fuck ya

Variable

Quote from: defskull on Oct 25, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm just saying if a thread where people are posting pics of their balls is allowed, then why can't anything else?
Because it served a unique enough purpose all on it's own.

nonesuch

therististicaly my poncerousiously devolded malantarcy has polculated and basferated
i drink your milkshake

downtownpony

Quote from: nonesuch on Oct 26, 2008, 07:39 AM
therististicaly my poncerousiously devolded malantarcy has polculated and basferated
exactly.