Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Does free speech apply to this board?

Started by nonesuch, Oct 24, 2008, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bIondie

Quote from: devilinside on Oct 27, 2008, 12:36 AM
Quote from: bIondie on Oct 26, 2008, 11:39 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Oct 26, 2008, 11:32 PM
If I had a power trip...wouldn't I be locking threads and banning people? No power trip here.

oh right, 'cause you've never banned me before.

That was what...OVER a year ago,and it's cause you had 2 of the same name! I got rid of the other Blondie you were using cause it's silly to have TWO of the same name. I haven't deleted your Bebo now,have I??

actually, that was in june and thank you for confirming that you were the one who banned me.

silly to have 2 of the same name? maybe silly, sure, but worth banning? probably not. definitely not worth getting yourself all butthurt over it either.

also, i'm not bebo, so go ahead and delete him if you want. i've never denied any of my awesome names, so why would i deny being bebo? use your brain.

you know, kelly, you'd be a much prettier girl if you weren't so two-faced. sometimes i think you're alright and cool, but then when you randomly start your random hater bullshit, i begin to wonder.

bebo

devilinside

How am I two faced? If you had asked who deleted you,I would have told you. I never hid that from you,you just never asked. And I'm not butt hurt over that,that's silly. Am I two faced cause I have a change of heart about things? Please explain..

I'm not deleting anyone. Ya'll can run a-fuckin-muck for all I care.

Oh...and it's called AOL.

Jedidiah Solomon

How many times have you banned me, or remember that time I messaged you and said it's cool that you were fair, foolish of me, knowing you were right behind it.

But it's all good.

You can't fight against Proxy's.

devilinside

Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Oct 27, 2008, 01:09 AM
How many times have you banned me, or remember that time I messaged you and said it's cool that you were fair, foolish of me, knowing you were right behind it.

But it's all good.

I didn't ban you...FYI.

bIondie

Quote from: devilinside on Oct 27, 2008, 01:06 AM
How am I two faced? If you had asked who deleted you,I would have told you. I never hid that from you,you just never asked. And I'm not butt hurt over that,that's silly. Am I two faced cause I have a change of heart about things? Please explain..

I'm not deleting anyone. Ya'll can run a-fuckin-muck for all I care.

actually, i did ask, publicly too; and your job, just like every MODERATOR on this board, was to answer my inquiry. it went unanswered, not suprisingly.

as far as you being two-faced, that's my personal opinion of you and i'm sure you'll live without me having to explain why.

"y'all can run a-fuckin-muck for all i care"...

...but create an extra name? WHOA WHOA WHOA STOP EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW! BAN HAMMER POW!

Jedidiah Solomon

Quote from: devilinside on Oct 27, 2008, 01:10 AM
Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Oct 27, 2008, 01:09 AM

But it's all good.

I didn't ban you...FYI.

Alright well thanks.

bIondie

and for the record, it was basically the same name since it had the same appearance. you just got your vagina all sprained 'cause you got confused.

devilinside

Well...chances are I didn't see where you posted,or I would have responded. But whatever...think what you want. 

/

bebo

Jedidiah Solomon

He that opress reproach his maker, he that honour him have mercy on the poor.

8)

lithium

it is not required to remain a member of this community
💩

nonesuch

its a priveledge

that is handed out and taken away by the deities of moderation
i drink your milkshake

tarkil

Quote from: lithium on Oct 27, 2008, 01:31 AM
it is not required to remain a member of this community

It's not required that few spoil the fun of many...
Just saying

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jacob

even though we have some rules here, I can assure you that we've been way more strict in the past and compared to pretty much any other band forum (or any fan forum for that matter) you're pretty much free to do anything. forums have rules, and that's for a reason - it's not so that some people can feel superior and supress others. and I really don't understand why you are all taking it like that. first of all, there aren't many threads being locked at all. second, like I repeat over and over again, most of the threads that are locked in this section are done so because the posts can very well go into the bullshit thread. there you're free to post whatever the fuck you want. third, give me one example of a thread that has been locked recently that had any kind of conversation going on and you feel like me or someone else censored.

I was hoping most of you regulars knew me well enough by now not to think I was just out to be an ass.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

nonesuch

i drink your milkshake

Jacob

Quote from: nonesuch on Oct 27, 2008, 08:35 AM
beyonce vs sasha fierce

and what exactly was the point of that thread?

White Pwny

Damn it, I missed all the fun.    And now I have a massive headache, and it's not as much fun.

I didn't ban Ross..... I backed it.   Hell, everyone backed it.     I did not in any way back the banning of blondie.   Not because blondie is my friend, but because I saw no harm in having 2 id's.   I've been around other boards, and there are many boards where members have 2 id's.   Xbox forum for instance...... most of the id's that talk shit are silver accounts....  They make these free accounts so they are free to speak how they want, and not have their gold account banned.    I just didn't think that blondie was hurting anyone by having 2 accounts..... so, I did not back that decision.   

And no, David... I don't just let anything happen "til it pisses me off"    There are so many times I've been rubbed the wrong way on here by people running their mouths, and I said nothing.... OR I spoke my peace....but  I don't ban ppl.... and I think in all the time I've been a mod, which is over a year....  I've locked maybe 3 topics.   One being two days ago that Az made and straight out wanted locked... but he was trying to piss Jacob off and wanted him to lock it... He was drunk and it was stupid.    He asked for it to be locked, and I did just that.   

If people start a topic, and they want to be silly on it... as long as it's in the bullshit thread, I let it slide.  Hell, its just that.. BULLSHIT.   So I don't care... In fact...   I've typed on manyyyy threads that were just bullshit, as it made me laugh.  Some of them, were locked.    For instance.... I posted in a thread, and it was all just fun.   Another mod posted.. "damn mods"  and locked the thread.    lolz.    Seriously.   

I will say, I think things have gotten more lenient over the past year, and I'm happy for that.    I don't think this needs to be Nazi Kingdom.    And I still feel there needs to be NSFW thread. 

On the last note, My real life is serious... THIS is NOT.   

Another hour, and I get my injections... Have a good day ppl.   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

bIondie

nuno should've just had the board vote for mods like before and this wouldn't be a problem. some of you mods are straight out humorless robots who wouldn't even post at all if you weren't mods. your posts rarely have any value and all you do is troll the boards looking to use your lock button anytime you can, but not before having the last word. your whole entity on this board is that of authority and not of someone who can contribute something of value, have a laugh, have a witty smart comment or take a joke. you're fucking lame and you are exactly what makes this board fucking lame.

there is only about 2 or 3 mods that show they can let people at least get some enjoyment out of the board while still maintaining control of it. just because a topic gets derailed for a few posts doesn't mean it deserves to be locked. it's a DISCUSSION, no matter what the topic is titled. at least give it a chance to either die or just get back on track for fuck's sake. also, topics get created because people want to talk about a specific thing, which DOESN'T belong in the bullshit thread. and so what if it's a stupid subject? it's chit chat and what topic is so important in chit chat that it can't be under any other topic under ANY circumstance? use your fucking brain; if it's not spam, leave it alone. simple. don't worry, the board isn't going to collapse in on itself because of a beyonce vs. sasha topic. idiots.

blondie is awesome. thank you.

Jacob

I know you're talking about me and if that's how you perceive me, then fine. I've been a mod here for what I think is 5-6 years now and I've never had anything but the boards best in interest. the boards have changed a lot over these years and I guess I just have a hard time letting it go and devolve into a big pile of meaningless chatter. at the same time, it's saddened me how slow and boring the boards have been. you can blame it on me or any other mod as much as you want, but a lot of people have left because the atmosphere has changed and the friendly family vibe is more or less gone. sure, some people have left because they think the rules are too strict, but none of those are amongst the old regulars who made this place great. we've survived waves of new members in the past, who have adjusted to the setting and become a part of the family. it's only lately (and what I think started with the official boards going down) that people have come here to whine and push buttons. and that has, obviously, only led to more bickering and more modding. because, like I said, I guess me and others have a hard time accepting it's not gonna be what it used to be.

but you win, I'm not gonna bother anymore as it seems I've in the process turned most of the boards against me. I've sent Nuno a pm and asked him to take away my rights as a mod and I hope that's what this place needs to get back on some sort of track.