Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What song should the Deftones cover next?

Started by rainnyx4, Oct 25, 2008, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

Metallica-orion
Alice in chains- no excuses
Motley crue- hooligans holiday

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

" I see the girls go by dressed in their summer clothes!"-  "Paint it Black" or "Painted Black" I believe it's called by the Rolling Stones... I should know the title as I am a fan. But anyway, listen to it and picture it a little heavier tho it is one of the Stone's harder tracks. I like the "orion" idea too! Would love to hear them on "Sweat Leaf" too but I can't picture Chino there rt now.... 8) He would have to sing it out in the sultry, hush style he's famous for and howl or even scream out the chorus, like the part I quoted up top ( on the Stones track)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

snw9

Quote from: jaylawl on Jan 12, 2009, 05:51 AM
fuck covers, release the album

Covers are an integral part of deftones. Without them, it wouldn't feel the same
Code: [Select]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I say release albums AND more covers. They reign as masters in my book as a cover band alone. They do everything they cover total justice. I've been turned on to a few bands because Deftones brought them to my attention. When they did "Simple Man" for example, i wasn't ever into Skynard though I was brought up around their music and they made them sound even worse to me. Sounded like Chino's mind expressing itself to me as if he wrote it himself. U can totally tell it's not Deftonish as far as the rest of the guys go but it rocks my balls and gives me goosebumps. My best friend's funeral song was this by Skynard and Deftones' cover didn't come out till a yr later. His family heard Deftones' version through me and his mom n sister cried it was so good. Still don't like Skynard and my dad even jizzed over the Tones' version. I made him listen to it before telling him it was his punk ass son's favorite group.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

snw9

Code: [Select]

Eros TBA

Northcal

Jane's addiction- Jane says

cvthedrv

i dunno, but i was so stoked with the elvis cover

FlyingPiranha

I really wanted to hear those Earth, Wind & Fire covers they were going to do during the KNY sessions. Would've either been amazing or at the very least, if they were terrible, hilarious.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017