Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poison the Well

Started by bright lights, big city, Oct 28, 2008, 07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

yeah well, that's just like your opinion, man.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

http://www.theprp.com/2010/07/14/news/poison-the-well-clarify-hiatus-plans/

Poison The Well have further clarified their recent decision to go on hiatus. A newly posted series of tweets from the band on their official Twitter account offered the following insight:

"Just to be clear..PTW is NOT completely done. We just want to take a break for a while. I know we will create again, that's not an issue. we just have to be in the right head space and want to do it. Let some time pass and I think we will be good to do a tour or a record. We are just a bit burnt out on everything."

well this news blows for me, hopefully the wait won't be too long. i adore a lot of bands, but i consider PTW my actual FAVORITE band amongst them all.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

So I've been a big PTW fan for awhile but I never got around to picking up Opposite of December, Tear From The Red and You Come Before You.  I finally picked up Tear From The Red and You Come Before You recently and they are both amazing albums.  You Come Before You might be my new favorite PTW album. 

It's so frustrating that this band doesn't get more credit. It's almost cliche to say it now but they are a big part of the popularity of lots of heavy music today and instead of releasing album after album sounding the same they did their own thing.  Love love love.

bright lights, big city

yes yes yes! I've said it a million times before, but I'll say it again: PTW is my favorite band. No question. Go and get "The Opposite of December", though. That was THE album that got me into the melodic hardcore/metalcore/awesomecore genre, and will always be held in high regard for me, even if Versions and Tropic Rot were better overall. Nerdy was on repeat for me in high school.
DERP

defskull

Yeah Nerdy's a good song.  I don't know what happened but for some reason PTW albums are near impossible to find.  I feel like I have a collectors item now. So sad that this band's work is so hard to find.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 02, 2010, 07:56 PM
yes yes yes! I've said it a million times before, but I'll say it again: PTW is my favorite band. No question. Go and get "The Opposite of December", though. That was THE album that got me into the melodic hardcore/metalcore/awesomecore genre, and will always be held in high regard for me, even if Versions and Tropic Rot were better overall. Nerdy was on repeat for me in high school.

Fuck yeah, dude.  They were definitely my first hardcore/idon'tgiveafuckaboutgenresrightnow band, too.  Nerdy was definitely my jam freshman year as well.  Fucking thrice and thursday being on my part of the deftones tour instead of ptw.

I think I'm gonna have to go with You Come Before You, though.  That album's never gonna lose it's feel for me, if for nothing else, that fucking riff in Zombies Are Good For Your Health and the buildup in Apathy is a Cold Body.  That tune is just plain gorgeous.

inherit myyy shoooooes, they were to hard to fill anyyywayyyyyyyyys

bright lights, big city

gonna listen to that album now then. I remember that tour. Got stuck with that same line-up. I'm a fan of Thrice and I used to really dig Thursday, but PTW would've been titties instead of either of those bands.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

Yeah, wasn't denali on the ptw leg, too?  if so, god, did we get the shaft.  I didn't check out thrice until after the show either, i was still a 16-year-old noob at that point.  but yeah, for sho one of the most consistently awesome bands evarrrr.  are they working on new shit?  i'm lazy.

bright lights, big city

i honestly don't remember if denali was part of it, but the sad news from PTW is that they're on hiatus. so yeah, shit blows for the foreseeable future on that front.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

Oh wowie, i s'pose i could've scrolled up like two posts.

That fuckin sucks, but hey, cave in got back together faster than i thought they would so hopefully that's the case with ptw. *crosses fingers*

defskull

I'm not too worried, hiatus basically means they got tired of the tour then record cycle and they probably just want a break from it. It must be exhausting not having a home base for 10 months out of the year. Do that for ten years and I'd want to take a break as well. 

bright lights, big city

and now for something completely different... at least we have Sleigh Bells which has their old guitarist Derek Miller doing the music. Granted, it's not heavy at all but it's some damn good noise pop, which will definitely make my best of 2010 list.
DERP

skinnypuppy

it might seem odd, but maybe this hiatus/break up is what they needed. maybe the fans needed to be jolted. this band has never had good support from labels or fans, they always let the band down. maybe this will prove to the labels and fans how important they are and how badly they need support.

PTW cant sell out a 200 capacity venues, while sleigh bells can sell out 1k+ on their first tour. see what i mean? no respect lol