Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poison the Well

Started by bright lights, big city, Oct 28, 2008, 07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

New song

http://www.myspace.com/poisonthewell

You know at first I didn't like how Poison the Well changed their sound, but if anything it made them more distinct and it's a truly unique style they're rocking.  I love it.

bright lights, big city

still one of my favorite bands. i'm really looking forward to the new full-length.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

fireflyry

Great band.

One of the thousands that are both under-rated and under-appreciated.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Paint Your Lips

Regarding the new 7", I feel that the quality of "Shuffle" is below average PW material, but i really like "Bowie". I really hope that they re-recorded Oceanbreast for the third 7". That song is amazing.

skinnypuppy

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jan 22, 2009, 10:54 AM
Regarding the new 7", I feel that the quality of "Shuffle" is below average PW material, but i really like "Bowie". I really hope that they re-recorded Oceanbreast for the third 7". That song is amazing.

They did re-record oceanbreast for the jap version of Versions. I really like Shuffle, but the sound quality is horrible... I think I have a bad rip, and just need to fork out 99 cents for the iTunes version. Bowie is good. Considering these are leftovers of Versions, I don't mind if they're slightly forgettable. Still good shit.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jan 23, 2009, 12:36 AM
They did re-record oceanbreast for the jap version of Versions.
Yeah, but I only buy records; vinyl. I bought the 12" of Versions and on the back, it says that the bonus track is Oceanbreast, but when you play the record it's "Wreck itself taking you with me". So I hope it'll be on the last 7".

defskull

Anyone here think that PTW could do a very good Helmet cover?

bright lights, big city

from theprp:

The Tropic Poison - wookubus
(2:21 PM PST 03/24/2009)
Poison The Well have announced "The Tropic Rot" as the title to their new album which will see a June 16th release date via Ferret Music. In the meantime, the band will release the final installment in their three part vinyl series, "III/III", on May 19th. A CD version compiling all three of the releases dubbed "I/III / II/III / III/III" will precede it, arriving in stores on April 18th.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

I think I'm going to buy that EP, and I cannot wait for the new cd

ben

The Tropic Rot comes out in July.  They are touring with Madball this summer...haha FUCKIN MADBALL GET SOME

skinnypuppy

so excited about everything PTW

defsteve

Supporting Rise Against/Thursday on a UK tour in November.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

bright lights, big city

soo yeeeah. The Tropic Rot is only like 5 weeks away. can't wait to hear ANYTHING from them. shouldn't we be hearing maybe 1 song by now?
DERP

bright lights, big city

finally a new song on their myspace "Cinema", after 3 listens, I REALLY like it http://www.myspace.com/poisonthewell sounds like a great continuation from Versions, which is sweet

here's the art and track list, i cant wait to get this

1. "Exist Underground"
   2. "Sparks It Will Rain"
   3. "Cinema"
   4. "Pamplemousse"
   5. "Who Doesn't Love a Good Dismemberment?"
   6. "Antarctia Inside Me"
   7. "When You Lose I Lose as Well"
   8. "Celebrate The Pyre"
   9. "Are You Anywhere?"
  10. "Makeshift Clay You"
  11. "Without You and One Other I Am Nothing"
DERP

defskull

I need to check out that song and I like the cd cover minus the font. I think they could have picked a better font

Starz

Sounds a lot more like You Come Before You which is a GOOD thing.

skinnypuppy

defskull

Wow, his voice sounds pretty heavy on this song. At first it sounded like a 'Versions' b-side, but it soon became it's own and got better.  Yet another cd I'm looking forward to.

poisonwell

decapod

DAMNNNNNN! The Tropic Rot is soooooooooo gooooood! Downloaded it tonight and been listening to it for about 6 hours straight. Def. different than anything they have EVER done. Some of the vocals are really, really catchy. Strangely enough some of the instrumentation reminds me of Neurosis which is weird in itself. Ill be buying this for sure.