Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poison the Well

Started by bright lights, big city, Oct 28, 2008, 07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

yeah I haven't listened to anything since I downloaded it either. Fell asleep listening to it last night too. Amazing album, for me, the best album I've heard this year since the new dredg.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Yeah, I'm really liking this.

Deadradio

Yeah, this is a good one.

decapod

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 23, 2009, 01:32 PM
yeah I haven't listened to anything since I downloaded it either. Fell asleep listening to it last night too. Amazing album, for me, the best album I've heard this year since the new dredg.

Hahahahaha classic, I fell asleep listening to it lasy night also. Great headphone album. You guys listen to Karnivool?

alvarezbassist17

this was probably just tagged wrong, but how come my track numbers say 1/12, 2/12,...,11/12?  hmmmmm...

bright lights, big city

that would be awesome if there was some secret/bonus track somewhere, but as far as i know that was a mistake.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

There Will Be Blood

i saw them in 2003 when they open for deftones.... they are pretty good. I like them alot.

DredgTones

WOW just heard the brand new Album by PTW and well.. This may be my fav record released in a long time.  I cant stop listening to Antarctica inside me.  I have fallen in love with them again. I highly reccomend you go listen to it on there myspace page and go buy it when it comes out in 2 days :))))

bright lights, big city

Antarctica Inside Me is of my faves too. And what makes the album so much better for me at least, is the fact that upon first listen, Pamplemousse was probably my least favorite track. But after hearing it multiple times, it really is a simple song, but so catchy, I really like it now.
DERP

skinnypuppy

I've literally had this album on repeat for the entire week. It's perfect. From the first to last track.

wither-I

I LIVE WITH A BALLERINAAAAAA!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 06, 2009, 05:58 PM
I LIVE WITH A BALLERINAAAAAA!
That song is off the hook.

The entire album just sounds flawless.I've been listening to it since I got home from Roskilde Festival, and it's easily one of their best records.

wither-I

def! its soooo awesome. nothing else i can say

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

Flawless is the perfect word for this album
DERP

tarkil

Shitballs !  I gotta go check on the interwebz for that then.....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Paint Your Lips

I can't stop listening to The Tropic Rot. The melodic pieces, the raw energy, the experimental bits, it all just flow so goddamn well together. Everything's so coherent.

And not only has it made my love for PTW even greater (didn't think it was possible), but it also made me appreciate Versions so much more. I really love that album, don't get me wrong, but now it's like everything falls into place. This is their new and improved sound. And this is what makes them so amazing.

Sorry, just had to get this praise out, guys.

defskull

I just picked this up yesterday and I'm on my second listen, first one with headphones.  Someone said earlier that it's a great headphone album and I can't agree.  It was enjoyable enough listening to it in the car but holy shit there's a lot going on you don't pick up without headphones.  Jeff's screams are ridiculously throaty in a great way.  He seems to be screaming his lungs out all the time.  It all sounds great.

defskull

Anyone else think that "When You Lose I Lose As Well" is one of the best off the new album?  I can't stop listening to it.  This is such good music.  I don't even know what kind of genre of music you could call it. 

bright lights, big city

it is one of the highlights. great lyrics. i really like the acoustic beginning, the chorus is very good, and the buildup is amazing.
DERP