Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Blank verse poam about CHi

Started by i kill for fun, Nov 08, 2008, 02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i kill for fun

so the other night i had a poetry  assignment to write blank verse poem. due to  the severity and resonance Chi's accident had on me, i decided to write about it/Chi and what he means to others and his fans. Apparently blank verse is one of the most difficult poetic forms to construct and i need some help. So if theres any poets out there knowledgable and familiar on blank verse, please respond and offfer ideas. THanks
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

oldgentlovecraft

It's done in iambic pentameter.  five pairs of unstressed/stressed syllables per line.  Been awhile, had to go back into an old text to jog my memory.  It is difficult, or more tedious than anything, to do.  I suggest focusing on syllable count then going back through and editing for the unstressed/stressed pattern. 

Jizzlobber

this sounds really interesting! i have no clue how to construct one if im being honest, but , i wanna see what you come up with.
<

devilinside

i kill for fun

after much procrastination, here it is. keep in mind that i i had to abide by blank verse rules(10 syllables and five feet per line, no ryhme scheme) It was hard and my first attempt, and with these rules in mind, i couldnt prudently pick out the exact words i wanted to use but o well. And yes, it sounds totally gay, but keep in mind, its a school assignment first attempt and i was keeping Chi in mind. Sorry

I Have a Friend                     B.Watson
The tools of torture burn our ease to soot
as each good soul must brave the face of plight.
Although the sky, we might seek beauty now
The truth won't lie where style does ward a fake.
The battles beat the heart like whips to skin
Yet heart you must grip firm to stand and hold.
And though we never came to meet and yoke
A friend we'll find inside the heart of Care.

"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"