Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Prozac

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Nov 08, 2008, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

My doctor just added prozac to my diet... Anyone else on here take Prozac - how is it working for you? TIA

devilinside

I'm not on it,I know people that are though. Some LOVE it,others say it makes them feel like a zombie. I gotta get put on something,I was lookin at Effexor.

13hourstoparadise

In all honesty, I used to be a gym rat, a tattoo'd meat-head, shit I was up to 210lbs at 6'2. But I started slacking, now I need something to bring my hopes back. If I could get healthy again (gym) I wouldn't need the drug. But unfortunatly times change, women treat me like shit, and I'm way too hard on myself...

I've tried Effexor before, for some odd reason I felt like chemicals, it didn't feel right. But each person is different.

Thanks for the reply.

BloodyKnifePrty

I've been on it since I was at least 10 (I'm 23 now).  I take it basically for mood adjustments, because if I don't take it I feel like I'm pissed at the entire world.  I've heard the stuff about how it turns you into a zombie, but I feel like it just depends on the person and how high a dose you'd be taking.

devilinside

I agree...I think that goes for all medication.

13...did you feel physically like shit the first week on effexor?

mrs_swa

I have been on Prozac before, and it did not work for me, Valium, on the other hand does.  You just need to try different things to find out what will work for you.
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: devilinside on Nov 08, 2008, 05:24 PM
I agree...I think that goes for all medication.

13...did you feel physically like shit the first week on effexor?

Yeah, I felt like shit. Then I always had a metal taste in my mouth. I believe most of it was mental however.

I take Xanax - that drug is a life saver! I'm agoraphonic.

samson simpson

no regulated meds .. just seek earth
smoke some haze
all sativa
blessed by the queen  sheba

Jedidiah Solomon

Quote from: samson simpson on Nov 09, 2008, 09:04 PM
smoke some haze
all sativa

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: samson simpson on Nov 09, 2008, 09:04 PM
smoke some haze
all sativa

I wish it was that simple my friend. Without my medication I will start to shake, I can't breathe, and that is even before I step into a public area, I just panic, it is fucking hell. Xanax helps so much it's not even funny.

Jedidiah Solomon

There is so many natural solutions, but you are conquered, you want bummy medical drugs. Go for it.

13hourstoparadise

What natural solutions are you talking about, I bet I've tried them all...

When I moved back to Seattle from San Jose I was so tried of being a slave to valium to even walk into a public store without having panic attacks. I started to think I was addicted, so I stayed at my parents house, totally sober, I could'nt even leave my room, the fear of even going to the gym or evening thinking about going outside was terrifing. That lasted two whole months, still the same feeling. So I had to get back on the medication, and just like that I was human again.

BloodyKnifePrty

Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Nov 11, 2008, 04:30 AM
There is so many natural solutions, but you are conquered, you want bummy medical drugs. Go for it.

The medication is correcting chemical imbalances in your system.  I'd rather have prescription drugs in my system and you calling me "unnatural" than living day to day completely stressed and angry at everyone and everything.  And I'm pretty sure no natural solution could have the effect that these meds do.  Plus if it's not killing me, what's the difference between natural and unnatural.

Variable

I am pretty good with pharmacology as far as people at my educational level goes.  But I really don't know shit about anti depressants.  Except a bit about valium and how its extremely dates and an anit depressant ( its ok Jackie if it works for you, rock on and more power to you )

I would have to say though that I think you have the right idea.  I think you need to get back into the gym.  Or not even necessarily the gym but some sort of exercise regiment.  It is amazing what regular exercise will do for the body and mind.  Especially in Men.  From everything I have heard you share about yourself, I picture you as an Alpha male mans man.  Still capable of self control and maturity.  But a Man who needs to unleash some primal aggression from time to time.  I would say that suppressing that with drugs is only a temporary fix that will grow old with time.  Take it out on the Bench press, the Treadmill , a punching bag, or a sparing partner.  It will probably be cheaper and more effective.  It is only my extremely amateur opinion.  But I think that only a small fraction of people on medication actually have chemical imbalances.

Jedidiah Solomon

Quote from: BloodyKnifePrty on Nov 11, 2008, 04:55 AM
Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Nov 11, 2008, 04:30 AM

The medication is correcting chemical imbalances in your system.  I'd rather have prescription drugs in my system and you calling me "unnatural" than living day to day completely stressed and angry at everyone and everything.  And I'm pretty sure no natural solution could have the effect that these meds do.  Plus if it's not killing me, what's the difference between natural and unnatural.

Yes you have the right to do what you want. and It is killing you and obviously changing you. And you're pretty sure no natural solution could help because you haven't sought the information, that is ok. If you don't have the energy than that is fine.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Variable on Nov 11, 2008, 08:29 AM
I am pretty good with pharmacology as far as people at my educational level goes.  But I really don't know shit about anti depressants.  Except a bit about valium and how its extremely dates and an anit depressant ( its ok Jackie if it works for you, rock on and more power to you )

I would have to say though that I think you have the right idea.  I think you need to get back into the gym.  Or not even necessarily the gym but some sort of exercise regiment.  It is amazing what regular exercise will do for the body and mind.  Especially in Men.  From everything I have heard you share about yourself, I picture you as an Alpha male mans man.  Still capable of self control and maturity.  But a Man who needs to unleash some primal aggression from time to time.  I would say that suppressing that with drugs is only a temporary fix that will grow old with time.  Take it out on the Bench press, the Treadmill , a punching bag, or a sparing partner.  It will probably be cheaper and more effective.  It is only my extremely amateur opinion.  But I think that only a small fraction of people on medication actually have chemical imbalances.

It is night and day the type of person I am now than I was when I was constantly exercising. I had energy, I had hope... As you said, it is best I get back to my old healthy routine, but to get their I need to get my mind set and just alone at this point in my life I cannot do it on my own.

Jedidiah Solomon

None of us can, but the god of love is always there for you, all day, every day. :) :) :)

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Nov 11, 2008, 04:36 AMWhen I moved back to Seattle from San Jose

Do you live in Seattle now?

Variable

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Nov 12, 2008, 12:56 AM
Quote from: Variable on Nov 11, 2008, 08:29 AM

It is night and day the type of person I am now than I was when I was constantly exercising. I had energy, I had hope... As you said, it is best I get back to my old healthy routine, but to get their I need to get my mind set and just alone at this point in my life I cannot do it on my own.
Some of the best shape I have ever been in was when I was in a situation where I was not around any of my friends.  I went to this work where I knew no one, came home, went to the gym for like 3 hours ( including cardio ) came back home, watched an episode of the sopranos, and went to bed.  I had an exact routine like that.  I can't remember ever being so content. 

I am a HUGE believer that you will never be able to be a happy person or have healthy relationships until you are 100% happy being all by yourself.  I love just hanging with myself.  Then again, I am pretty conceded ;) But seriously, this aint no thing man.  You can get back into it.  Just get on it, you will feel so much better after your very first time.