Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Anyone into politics??

Started by pjrocks7, Nov 12, 2008, 03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocks7

If you guys are into politics, there's an article that a recently read, written by the lead singer of the group Flobots (Jonny 5), and it helped me open my eyes about our country, and how we should make a change.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonny-/dont-put-down-your-flag-a_b_139756.html
I hope you guys enjoy that article as much as I did. It's a great article, seriously check it out

pj -umgd

Jedidiah Solomon

Give a child of Jah Jah, King Alpha.

pjrocks7

is this a secret code for something?

what did u guys think of the article???

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Nov 12, 2008, 05:29 AM
Give a child of Jah Jah, King Alpha.

Son of the Morning, Omega, boosh!

Shaye

Variable

I hate politics.  It's too confusing.  I just trust politicians to do all the thinking for me.

devilinside

Yeah...I'm not a fan of politiks. I don't even have a voters reg card. BUT...if I did vote,I vote for the person that watched TNA wrestling.

Variable

Ok, Honestly.  That article disappointed me.  It was just a REALLY long anti war statement.  I think this guy needs to educate himself a little bit more before he goes out using his celebrity status to influence people.

The article was filled with references to the evil republicans who want the world to burn with war and greed and the righteous democrats who will save the world with hugs and peace.  I am sick of people not understanding the difference between a Republican and Democrat.  I am also sick of people forgetting that our last democrat president deployed the US military more than any president before him.  Clinton was nation building , policing the world, and accusing Saddam of WMDs way before Bush was ever in office. So enough of this partisan peace crap.  If you are truly for peace, and you truly love America and want to see a "new America" the first step will be to get over the partisan bull shit.  

He also talks a lot of shit about US foreign policy, but does not lay out a better plan.  Anyone can criticize.  If you are trying to lead, you have to do it from the front.  Not just tell everyone how wrong something is, but not offer a new plan.  If you are really interested in a new foreign policy plan for the US.  I would recommend reading and researching Ron Paul.

And right off the bat this guy missed the point by saying that the "old America" was about genocide, slavery, and war.  Of course all of these things happened.  And of course they were horrible.  But that's not all that the " old America " did.  That is not the only thing they accomplished.  People progress Societies progress.  Civilizations progress.  You can't sit back after 200 years of progression and criticize them for not being at your same level of understanding and tolerance.  That is why we had to fight so hard to obtain it in the first place.  Some day 200 years from now people will look back at us in disgust at something that we do that we think is ok, but they find horrible.  Just because George Washington owned slaves, does not make him a bad person.  You have to look at the time.  Maybe Andrew Jackson was an ass hole who said "the only good Indian is a dead Indian".  But he also did some really great things in his presidency ( like get rid of the central bank at the time ).  We have made lots of mistakes.  But we learned.  And the only reason we were able to learn, is because we made those mistakes.  The "New America" would not even be a possibility if so many people from the "old America" had not taken the nation upon their shoulders and took a step forward.  This guy should try to appreciate that more.