Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Have you ever caught an std? If so, which one?

Started by sharingbuns, Nov 13, 2008, 02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

i kill for fun

doesn't syphilis cause your body to rot and deteriorate on the outside, esp. the face. I also heard HIV molecules are small enough to penetrate a condom. And we can all thank the hippies for half of these diseases, the damned dirty woodstock fornicating bastards  >:(
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Muzic Junkie

I've caught no STD's as of yet and

I wouldn't think that moluclues could penatrate through the condom, because the virus is in the semen/ blood  ect ect.
it has to live off another cell in order to live.

so you'd think you'd need somthing else to get the virus into you

I never thought of that before...

i kill for fun

Quote from: tarkil on Nov 28, 2008, 09:43 AM
Quote from: i kill for fun on Nov 28, 2008, 09:36 AM
I also heard HIV molecules are small enough to penetrate a condom

Nope
yea i know, my friend who is somewhat intelligent told me this and I was like "WHAT!?" I have no idea as to whats true b/c i have no reliable, official source to consult . Normally i wouldnt care, but this is a very imprtant fact to clarify
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

downtownpony

yeah like when George Michaels boyfriend or whatever found out he had aids, he still hadnt passed it to him, and im  pretty sure they were doing lots of fucking. Condoms would be the only explanation as to why he didnt get it.

sharingbuns

ewwww, butt fucking is the most disgusting kind
Quote from: goldpony on Nov 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
how do know when its ok to piitb? and should you ask first?

Variable

Im posting from my phone. So Im not going to go into specifics. But no, HIV can't be spread through a condum if the condum is intact.  This was a rumor started in youth groups to try and scare kids to abstain ( Im dead serious ) The rumor got started by youth pastors telling kids that HIV molecules compared to the poors in condums is like throwing a bb through a tennis racket. But this is ridiculous. Just google it kids. Im HIV positive that there is tons of research on this out there

tarkil

Gonna get tested tomorrow, so I'll have some fresh input to post here soon (actually, hopefully I won't...)

Variable

just an annual thing?  Or are you worried about something?

tarkil

Not worried, I'm seeing my girl soon when I go back to France, and as she's taking the pill, I'd like to quit using condoms...
So I guess I'd better test myself as I never did so before...

Variable

That's good man.  It's a nice peace of mind thing.  Are you getting the full panel done?  Blood and Q-tip up your urethra?

I have to get a HIV test at least once a year.  But pretty much unless I'm symptomatic of a STD or have a really good reason to suspect I might have got one, I wont waste my time getting tested.  I have marines come in all the time worried that they got something.  But we pretty much wont test them unless they are symptomatic ( for any of you who think its fucked up that we turn people away, re think your support of universal health care ) But yeah, a kid came in the other day who was able to get a full panel done even though he had no symptoms.  And no shit, he had Chlamydia.  It was the first time I have ever seen anyone have Chlamydia with no symptoms.  I know its possible, but still, really rare.  I'm wondering if the test got fucked up.  lol he came in to get tested for HPV.  Fucking noob.

tarkil

I don't really know, as I never did it before, I sort of have no clue what I'll be doing... I guess I will go with the full panel, but obviously the thing I would be mainly concerned about is HIV.
As I have no symptom of anything and didn't have any kind of sex for the past 3 months, I guess I'll be safe with the rest, but while I'm at it, why not getting it tested ?

A q tip down my urethra doesn't seem that cool though... do I do it by myself, or the doc is doing it for me ?
Cause then, it's even less cool...

Variable

Yeah you might as well get the rest done.  They can test for herpes and syphilis through your blood too.  I would say that the blood is the most important part.  But you might as well do the Q-tip too.  It's not cool at all, and either the nurse or doctor will be doing it to you.  They will put it in about 10 cm, twist it around, then pull it out.  I have to do that shit to marines.  I fucking hate doing that shit.

tarkil

fuck... So not cool...
I can't believe that you have to do that.... :-\

Anyway, what does this one test for ?

Variable

Yeah I have to do that, and if there are no girls around I have to be a stand by for female paps.  They both suck, that shit stinks.  But seriously, I'm the only one that the doctors think are mature enough for it.  Its pathetic that a bunch of " grown men " are so immature.  But when I worked at the ER in the civilian world, I had to do folly catheters to guys pretty much every day.  I only had to do females once in a blue moon.  It all sucks, but its part of the job.

But it will be a culture for bacteria.  So they will test for chlamydia for sure.  I think also gonorrhea.  I'm pretty sure those are the only two.  But I'm not a preventative med tech, so I'm not 100% sure. But I am about 99% sure.  Also I'm about 99% sure that the blood test will be able to check for all the other STDs you would be worried about.

tarkil

ok I'll just stick to the blood sample then... Should be pretty good enough for me.

And I don't really understand everything you talked about ("female paps", "folly catheters"), but in a way, I think I'm happy with my ignorance this time...  ;)

Oh, and thanks for the info, like that, I can say no tomorrow when they ask if I wanna go for the "full" panel... ;)

Variable

lol, sure, any time man.  You can also tell them that you just want to give a urine sample.  They can look for bacteria like that.  If it is positive ( which we both doubt it will be ) then they can swab you to see what you have.  But yeah, I would pass of the q-tip if I were you too.