Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Between the Buried and Me

Started by theis, Nov 27, 2008, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Yeah, they needed a thread. I discovered them about 3 weeks ago and I literally haven't been listening to anything else.

I bought their live DVD and it blew my mind. Fucking tight band. Flawless musicians...

Favorite song at the moment? Informal Gluttony. The "feed me fear" part gives me chills.

My new goal is to learn the entire Colors album on bass. Shiiiit.

Discuss!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Nov 27, 2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, they needed a thread. I discovered them about 3 weeks ago and I literally haven't been listening to anything else.
welcome to my world, haha.
do you have their other albums? seriously every album might be just as good as Colors. Especially Alaska and Silent Circus.

favorite song might be Selkies
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I've been listening most to Colors and Alaska. both amazing. and yeah, Selkies is a mindblowing song. that solo...holy shit.

I've listened a little to The Silent Circus, but not enough.

ronnie dobbs

Both Alaska and Colors are great, and yes selkies is the shit, it was the first BTBAM song I heard, after that I was hooked.

defTHE1s

Any song you would recommend to?
A link to a video maybe...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

ronnie dobbs

Selkies - Enjoy

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19UZd_DKs2Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19UZd_DKs2Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

bright lights, big city

here's an oldie, but a goodie:

Mordecai
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jks9l7LSoVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jks9l7LSoVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

darshun

Shop smart, shop "S" Mart

E-Money

I think this band is very talented but i just cant get into their music....I think its the singer??

cheachea

This band rules. They have honestly made an impact on music
Poyt Chops

defskull

Misdirect Me - wookubus
(11:14 PM PST 07/06/2009)
Between The Buried And Me have settled upon "The Great Misdirect" as the title to their new album which they have wrapped up tracking and are currently mixing. The track listing for the outing, which is due in stores on October 27th through Victory, is as follows:
01 - "Mirrors"
02 - "Obfuscation"
03 - "Disease, Injury, Madness"
04 - "Fossil Genera - A Feed From Cloud Mountain"
05 - "Desert Of Song"
06 - "Swim To The Moon"

Haha six songs now?  Pretty soon they'll go all Fantomas on us and just release one huge song.

bright lights, big city

yeah 6? wow. must mean that each song is about 9 or 10 minutes long.
DERP

ben

If these guys use more clean vocals, and I think they will, I can imagine the epic quality of this album.

wither-I

^ agreed. i just cannot handle so much screaming these days, ive gone soft. ...except 4 the tropic rot of course :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 07, 2009, 02:46 PM
^ agreed. i just cannot handle so much screaming these days, ive gone soft. ...except 4 the tropic rot of course :)
haha that's the truth, words can't describe how much I love that album.
DERP

No More Sugar

I prefer the less screamy songs but alaska was a great album for me
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Paint Your Lips

I loved these guys until Alaska was released. I hate the guitar sounds on that album. Gives me chills, and not the good kind.

But, a few days ago I put on Colours, just to see what they sound like nowadays, and I was totally floored ! This is def. their greatest release in my opinion. I listen to it all the time, I even put the new PTW aside so I could keep listening to Colours.

ben

Paint Your Lips

ben