Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Me as a volunteer...

Started by deftonekid, Nov 28, 2008, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

Well I had the chance to be a volunteer on a museum here in Mexico making a piece called Zobop by Jim Lambie. It is all made by colourful vynils. My knees and back were sored by days but I think it was worth it. Here some pics from my cellphone camera.

For more info google Jim Lambie so you can see more pics from this piece on different countries.

Discuss.

mrs_swa

...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

devilinside

deftonekid

Thx girls. You should watch it live it's so crazy. I was thinking to get stoned and then go to the museum and watch it, it must be interesting...

lostpilot

whodunit?

Jacob

that's pretty damn cool.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftonekid

yeah it's amazing how some vynils can make look pretty cool a random space

Variable

Very cool man.  How did you go about doing this?

The only thing like this I have ever done was decorative concrete.  I did the youth room in my church for free.  I just locked myself in the room for 3 days and did it.  It fucking sucked, but turned out really good.  I did a dark blue as the base with more of a sea blue on top and just a touch of barely noticeable khaki with a really high gloss epoxy finish.  It was really cool.  Felt like you were walking on water.  Then the ungrateful shits didnt put felt on the bottom of their chairs like I told them and they started to scuff and chip it up after a while.

deftonekid

well I didn't do it all by myself, there were almost other 35 volunteers working 4 hours per day for almost 2 weeks. By the end of the Opening Day it was all messy and with a lot of foot steps marks, but I think it was part of the piece (let ppl fuck it all up...kinda sad yeah). Also it was something like to fill a space with filling it, kinda strange art perspective. But it was cool to be part of this even knowing that in a few months all the work done will go to the trash, but I think must of the contemporary art is like that.

It sounds great what you did on that church bro, too bad they didn't take care of it. It happens more often that you think tho haha.

ToneDef

That's fucking cool man.

Variable

Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 01, 2008, 10:54 PM
well I didn't do it all by myself, there were almost other 35 volunteers working 4 hours per day for almost 2 weeks. By the end of the Opening Day it was all messy and with a lot of foot steps marks, but I think it was part of the piece (let ppl fuck it all up...kinda sad yeah). Also it was something like to fill a space with filling it, kinda strange art perspective. But it was cool to be part of this even knowing that in a few months all the work done will go to the trash, but I think must of the contemporary art is like that.

It sounds great what you did on that church bro, too bad they didn't take care of it. It happens more often that you think tho haha.
at least you got the pics and the memories

deftonekid

Quote from: ToneDef on Dec 02, 2008, 02:52 AM
That's fucking cool man.
Thx bro. How have you been?

Quote from: Variable on Dec 02, 2008, 05:45 AM
at least you got the pics and the memories
yeah you're right

deafnotes

how much pesos do you earn?

deftonekid

nothing, it's part of being a volunteer. I think they're going to give us some art catalogs so we'll see...

deafnotes

oh yeah its a volunteer thats why no pesos.
yo did you watch the fight of oscar and pacquiao?

deftonekid

Quote from: deafnotes on Dec 08, 2008, 12:33 AM
oh yeah its a volunteer thats why no pesos.
yo did you watch the fight of oscar and pacquiao?
No, I didn't but I watched the news, Pacquiao really kicked De La Hoya's ass. Manny is a hell of a fighter for sure.

defTHE1s

Quote from: deftonekid on Nov 29, 2008, 07:28 AM
Thx girls. You should watch it live it's so crazy. I was thinking to get stoned and then go to the museum and watch it, it must be interesting...
It would be sooooo interesting........

that's a cool piece, where in Mx is it? Mexico city? and it's still available??

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

deftonekid

Yeah bro, it is in the MUNAL (en la calle de Tacuba), you should go watch it.

defTHE1s

ok, i'm in Qro, but it's still near... i should go this holidays...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...