Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dexter

Started by White Pwny, Dec 03, 2008, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

It seems like for the most part  people are pretty split on the matter. I loved it and it brings up some interesting venues for next season which I think MUST be the last, other wise it's going to be strung out bullshit.

chick de la lynch

I didn't really expect the finale to be as great as last year's, but for a finale it did what it was supposed to do--tie up lose ends. I felt as if the ending was a little too sugary for me--Dexter's last conversation with Lumen, Dexter's conversation with Astor, Dexter helping Quinn out. All of this seemed a little out of character for Dexter, especially the boat scene with Lumen. Dexter was glowing, and it's because of another woman. He didn't even have that expression with Rita!

Hopefully next season is the last, otherwise we'll have another Weeds on our hands. I know the Golden Globes don't mean shit, but is anyone just a little insulted that Julia Stiles got a nomination? Don't get me wrong, I liked Julia as Lumen but was it award worthy?

sing blue silver

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Dec 16, 2010, 06:42 AM
I didn't really expect the finale to be as great as last year's, but for a finale it did what it was supposed to do--tie up lose ends. I felt as if the ending was a little too sugary for me--Dexter's last conversation with Lumen, Dexter's conversation with Astor, Dexter helping Quinn out. All of this seemed a little out of character for Dexter, especially the boat scene with Lumen. Dexter was glowing, and it's because of another woman. He didn't even have that expression with Rita!

Hopefully next season is the last, otherwise we'll have another Weeds on our hands. I know the Golden Globes don't mean shit, but is anyone just a little insulted that Julia Stiles got a nomination? Don't get me wrong, I liked Julia as Lumen but was it award worthy?

jesus fucking christ.... just.... what the fuck. she is hands down the worst "actress" i've ever seen. no exageration.

chick de la lynch

It seemed as these nominations were either done at the last minute or they really had a hard time finding award worthy performances. Then again, Golden Globe nominations are always rather sucky, they just seemed to suck even more than usual this year.

defskull

Red got nominated for best musica/comedy.  I saw that movie and it was incredibly bland. It had a great cast and nothing to do with it. When a mediocre Bruce Willis action vehicle gets nominated for best musical/comedy of the year, that's when you stop giving a shit about the Golden Globes.

chick de la lynch

Haha, no shit! My brother and I were trying to remember some great comedies that came out this year and there were none. I guess the Golden Globes had to settle on Red. =/

defskull

Scott Pilgrim was such a better movie and had more laughs. Just saying.

sing blue silver

Quote from: defskull on Dec 22, 2010, 06:29 AM

i gave scott pilgrim a serious chance and i thought i'd enjoy it being the comic book nerd i am. while the cinematography was really beautiful, unique and interesting in a lot of parts i just couldn't hang with it. the writing and plot were overall VERY weak and it just relied on it's kookiness and interesting look to pander to the hipster crowd. also the acting in some spots was just terrible with the music being even worse. it's a contender with juno in my books for worst original music in a film. i'd really like to see michael cera either play a new character or just stop making movies. i haven't read the books because it's not my kind of thing to begin with but overall the writing was just awful in the film. most times i found the characters more irritating than endearing and it really took away from it for me. maybe i just don't relate to my generation at all anymore. it's definitely far and above red but i wouldn't give either a second watch.

anyway that was a way off topic post. new season of dexter sucked, really hard for me to say but it did. shitty underdeveloped villain and a horrible actress in a leading role mixed with a whole lot of abandoning story lines and a messy finale filled with just sweeping shit under the rug made for one of the worst seasons yet.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 23, 2010, 04:59 PM

i gave scott pilgrim a serious chance and i thought i'd enjoy it being the comic book nerd i am. while the cinematography was really beautiful, unique and interesting in a lot of parts i just couldn't hang with it. the writing and plot were overall VERY weak and it just relied on it's kookiness and interesting look to pander to the hipster crowd. also the acting in some spots was just terrible with the music being even worse. it's a contender with juno in my books for worst original music in a film. i'd really like to see michael cera either play a new character or just stop making movies. i haven't read the books because it's not my kind of thing to begin with but overall the writing was just awful in the film. most times i found the characters more irritating than endearing and it really took away from it for me. maybe i just don't relate to my generation at all anymore. it's definitely far and above red but i wouldn't give either a second watch.

anyway that was a way off topic post. new season of dexter sucked, really hard for me to say but it did. shitty underdeveloped villain and a horrible actress in a leading role mixed with a whole lot of abandoning story lines and a messy finale filled with just sweeping shit under the rug made for one of the worst seasons yet.

I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim but some of the reasons you stated were reasons why I had no interest in watching it, and my opinion has not changed. Michael Cera can play the socially awkward and nerdy guy well. It worked in his favor when he was in Arrested Development and Superbad. However, he's a one trick pony. I hope his presence doesn't taint the AD film.

I think this season of Dexter was rather bland, but the third season still ranks as the worst season on my list. I actually liked Julia Stiles, but I absolutely cannot stand Jimmy Smits. He is just horrid.

sing blue silver

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Dec 24, 2010, 12:07 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 23, 2010, 04:59 PM

I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim but some of the reasons you stated were reasons why I had no interest in watching it, and my opinion has not changed. Michael Cera can play the socially awkward and nerdy guy well. It worked in his favor when he was in Arrested Development and Superbad. However, he's a one trick pony. I hope his presence doesn't taint the AD film.

I think this season of Dexter was rather bland, but the third season still ranks as the worst season on my list. I actually liked Julia Stiles, but I absolutely cannot stand Jimmy Smits. He is just horrid.

yeah third season takes the shit cake for sure.

Hidalgo

i loved all the seasons. none are even close to being shitty. but the 4th season is the best IMO. trinity

Geogaddii

surprised this hasn't been posted....

http://youtu.be/RsvGslI_KcM

bright lights, big city

soooooo.... when's he finally getting caught?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

poofing acid

s06ep01 leaked.

chick de la lynch

I watched it, however the link has since been taken down.

I feel like this season is going into an interesting direction, however I'm a little concerned. It's a strong start but last season also had a strong start and look where that left off. It could be great or it could be mediocre on the verge of bad. I feel like the show is starting to lose some steam. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

devilinside

The first episode didn't really do anything for me. But it's crazy how much Colin Hanks reminds me of his dad!

sing blue silver

I thought the first episode was great. maybe it's just because last season was such a huge disappointment but i'm optimistic. episode one of season 5 was also good and we know how that turned out. fingers crossed!

bright lights, big city

I could care less about Colin Hanks, but I want more Edward James Almost.

Was anyone else quietly hoping Dexter's sister and/or Quinn would get offed?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

I pray every time I see Deb that someone will successfully kill that bitch. Tortured,shot and I think shot again Sunday and bitch is still alive. Uugh....

chick de la lynch

Deb is awesome, so I don't know what you guys are talking about. Quinn is the major douchebag that should be killed.