Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dexter

Started by White Pwny, Dec 03, 2008, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Yeah I'm thankful they had her finally find out about him. Obviously she'll cover it up, but still, at least the storyline has been advanced.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Of course the worst season of the show would have Deb find out  the worst way possible. Fucking stupid. Having Deb randomly want Dexter's dick as the reason for her not turning him in is fucking stupid. It was much more natural last season where they showed her figuring out someone was taking out the rapists.

DURP DURP. I'm Lieutenant Deborah Morgan and my brother just mentioned that he randomly fell off his boat in the middle of sea so when I see that  that the Big Bad set ablaze a ring of fire in a body of water with someone in the middle, I of course don't think at all that it was my brother. Nooope. Instead I think about how much I want to fuck him.

Pathetic.And yet, because they finally moved the plot forward I'll watch next season.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: defskull on Dec 20, 2011, 06:08 AM
Pathetic.And yet, because they finally moved the plot forward I'll watch next season.

And that is the really aggravating part about all of this. It was one of the worst seasons, if not the worst season yet I'll be tuning in next September.

I think the Deb/Dex romance plot line made this show officially jump the shark. I still can't believe the writers even thought that was a remotely good idea.

chick de la lynch

http://youtu.be/2NzpnjVmuCA

To anyone who still watches this show. I think this could be an interesting season, but it could also go bad. Bright spot: They use Deftones' "Change (In The House of Flies)".

theis

I think it looks awesome.

bright lights, big city

Kind of intriguing, definitely gonna still give it a DL. Hopefully La Guerta will finally get it this season...

By the way it starts up the same night as Homeland, my favorite new show from 2011.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

There's also a short clip from the season premiere floating around the internets. It looks fucking terrible.

I think they're going to handle Deb knowing the same way they've handled the last few seasons. Very messy at first and then slowly stumble to a halfway decent ending.

chick de la lynch

If you're talking about the moment right after Deb sees Dexter stab Travis, then yeah. That was all kinds of terrible. I think it is really going to depend on how the writers want to work this season. I think I'm trying to be optimistic about this season because it's a story line the fans have been waiting for since day one. It's a great story line, very juicy but if the writers decide to throw it away (Which judging from the last two seasons is a strong possibility) I'm going to be angry and disappointed. They have quite a mess to fix from last season.

defskull

The trailer suggests that this is going to be drawn the fuck out. I'm guessing Deb finally figures out at the end of the season that she finds out he is the Bay Harbor Butcher.

Deb should have found out it was Dexter killing the rapists in season 5 and have season 6 be the finale. It made perfect sense. That entire fucking season she goes on and on about how she likes these vigilantes.

If she found out it was Dexter, she probably wouldn't be too upset. I could go on forever about how much opportunity they've squandered.

defskull

Alright that was a pretty well done first episode that has me absolutely hooked for this season. I haven't felt this way about Dexter for awhile so bravo to them.

chick de la lynch

Yeah, that two minute sneak peek of the season didn't really grasp the structure of the first episode at all. I was pleasantly surprised to actually get a good episode of Dexter. My only complaint is that La Guerta didn't get shot. She's long overdue in that department.

bright lights, big city

Goddamnit now you guys are getting my hopes up. I gotta go DL it.
DERP

devilinside

I want Deb offed...so tired of her.

chick de la lynch

I will admit I found Deb's incessant question asking after she found out Dexter killed Travis was very annoying, but I have a soft spot for Deb. I like her and her potty mouth.

I've been noticing a trend lately of people hating female characters so much they just want them dead, and I'm sure as hell guilty of this as well (i.e Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, etc.) Is it because the writers are just making female characters annoying and unlikable or is it something else? I feel like I could write an essay about this.

sing blue silver

Female characters are just horribly written, unlikeable morons in many drama series these days. It's really only a trend of the last 5 years or so but yes, I've noticed this myself and it's rather annoying.

theis

Surprisingly great episode.

Didn't think Deb would find all of Dexter's shit so soon. That definitely caught me off guard.

lostpilot

Quote from: theis on Oct 01, 2012, 09:25 PM
Didn't think Deb would find all of Dexter's shit so soon. That definitely caught me off guard.

Season 7 is "so soon"? :-D
SERIOUSLY? :-D

theis

Haha, I meant so soon in the season. I thought they'd drag it out.

chick de la lynch

I thought they would, too. I'm glad they didn't.