Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dexter

Started by White Pwny, Dec 03, 2008, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

only pieces remain

Absolutely horrible ending. The season sucked too :-\

tarkil

Not a great ending indeed, with all the loopholes described above...
I really wish they didn't add the last minute, where we see a surviving lumberjack Dexter... Would at least have been less bad if it just ended with him riding out his boat in the hurricane...

Oh well.....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 24, 2013, 06:59 PM
I had read on on spoiler site a few weeks back, a lot of the things they mentioned were true to the episode,some were not. The ones that were not were ones I was stoked about possibly being true. One was that Quinn told Dexter he knew all along that he was a killer,but because he loved Deb he left it alone. Another was he helped Dexter,Hannah and Harrison escape and ended up killing Saxon "Dexter" style,and they ended it leading you to believe that Quinn had gotten an itch for killing. And then after the storm,a lot of the bodies washed up that Dexter had dumped,and Batista mentions the Bay Harbor Butcher being back and Quinn tells him that the BHB has left town permanently and it dawns on Batista who Quinn is referring to. Hell,even that ending would have been better.

I would have loved some of this to happen.
Also one minor thing about whole series - really, really shitty props. I would always notice a really badly made badge, hat, hospital equipment or something. That's just sloppy because I do believe they had the funds to make it a little more believable.

And all of you are right - the show changed when the writers switched the cold authentic serial killer with just "some regular guy". Remember the first season - the awesome monologues, "tonight's the night", there was magic and mystery.

chick de la lynch

While no one gives a shit about Dexter anymore, this article explains a little on why the finale sucked so much:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/showtime-wouldnt-let-writers-kill-dexter/

tl;dr Showtime didn't want the writers to kill Dexter because of the loyal fan base. I call this bullshit!

Hank

After about what seems like 23 years , I finally got done watching all 5 seasons of Six Feet Under ( Michael Hall aka Dexter is in it) .

Wow. It just blew me away.

Everything about that show was just so "real" and just so well acted. I really disliked alot of the main characters and the way they went on about life and how they dealt with certain situations....but I caught myself towards the end accepting them all and seeing the best parts every one of them had to offer.

Must watch series for anyone who hasn't experienced this wonderful show. The writing is awesome (even though it has it's flaws at times) and ends as one of the few shows that makes you feel part of the cast you are watching.

lostpilot

Six Feet Under is just WONDERS. Loved it.

chick de la lynch

Six Feet Under had the ability to make me cry like a baby. The series finale fucking killed me.

Crazylegs

I decided to finally give this show a go instead of rewatching Sopranos or The Wire for the n-th time. A few episodes in, I really like it.

theis

Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 03, 2013, 02:33 PM
I decided to finally give this show a go instead of rewatching Sopranos or The Wire for the n-th time. A few episodes in, I really like it.

The first four seasons are great. Do yourself a favor and stop watching after season 4.

Crazylegs

I'll take that into consideration, thanks.

devilinside

Six Feet Under was one of my most favoritest shows. When I started watching Dexter I kept waiting for him to come out as gay. And Theis is right,after season 4 it went to crap. Trinity was the best season of the whole series.