Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dexter

Started by White Pwny, Dec 03, 2008, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

My prediction for the end of the series is that he comes to a point in his life where he no longer needs his Dark Passenger.  It would be pretty interesting character development.

Jacob

yeah, that's probably how they're gonna end it. it would be too "dark" and sad for people to handle if they ended it with him being executed for all his crimes. people would rage if they didn't get a happy ending.

I actually hope they do end it soon. either this season or the next.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

defskull

Yeah I agree.  And yeah it might be the more "sappy" ending, but it'll also be the ending that shows how much Dexter has changed.  In a way, kind of shown how he really didn't need Harry.  Harry sort of created this monster that probably wouldn't have been a monster if he didn't teach him how to kill.

nonesuch

im sure john lithgow's crazy ass will figure it out,  if he already hasn't

i drink your milkshake

devilinside

I'm just not liking this season that much. I think it's all too predictable now...they need to spice it up a bit. Make Cody start killing stuff or something so Dexter would have someone to coach. I dunno....

nonesuch

if dex kills lithgow it would way to hypocritical

they should become a tag team in the WWE and kill wrestling fans all  over the country
i drink your milkshake

sing blue silver

okay this weeks episode was ephed up. trinity's family is crazy and that reporter chick is his daughter. i say unto you...SNAP!

White Pwny

Ya, that was quite a turn of events!   I was like..>> WHOA.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Hidalgo

i love this show. i've seen all of season 1 & 2. gonna rent season 3 & 4 on netflix

nonesuch

i drink your milkshake

devilinside

I loved the part where Dexter took trinity down in the kitchen and the family freaked over the knife...hahaha!!!

lithium

Yeah that episode was great, tho it was stupid of Dexter to lose control like that. Tonights episode sets up the most exciting finale of the series I think. Shit has officially hit the fan.
💩

chick de la lynch

Quote from: defskull on Nov 12, 2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah I agree.  And yeah it might be the more "sappy" ending, but it'll also be the ending that shows how much Dexter has changed.  In a way, kind of shown how he really didn't need Harry.  Harry sort of created this monster that probably wouldn't have been a monster if he didn't teach him how to kill.

I agree. My brother just recently bought me the first season of Dexter on DVD, so I've been re-watching it, and I never really noticed how much Harry did turn Dexter into a monster. It makes me wonder if whether or not Dexter would have turned into what he is. We know that Dexter had been killing animals when he was younger, but would have still continued to murder after Harry had influence on him?

This season is definitely 10x better than last season. John Lithgow is a creepy mother fucker and I love it!

devilinside

WOW!!!! I soo didn't expect that ending. :(

defskull

Lets just say WHAT THE FUCK?

Seriously I thought I had a pretty good idea of where this show was going.  Fort he longest time I thought the show would end with Dexter finally being able to give up his Dark Passenger.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

But now that Rita is dead.  Now that Harrison was left in almost the exact situation as Dexter.  I do not know what will happen.  How does he explain this to the police?  Will he become a seriously cold serial killer now?  I really wanted the show to end happily with him being able to give up his killing but it really doesn't seem like it now.  It really seems like the only way this show is ending is with Dexter dying or going to jail.  Wow wow wow.  I'm going to have to re-watch this season again. 

devilinside

Well...I have a friend reading the books, and according to him Harrison or Cody has a dark passenger too. He told me that in the book Harry is gone out of Dexters life but then returns, and either Harrison or Cody says something like Your friend is back...Meaning he's been seeing Harry the whole time. But I'm gonna gt the books and see what's goin on.

defskull

Apparently Cody is like Dexter in the books.  See I don't really like the idea of this.  Why must Dexter have a protege?  I'd rather see him make substantial growth.  Also apparently in the books Debra knows that Dexter kills.  It seems as though they're slowly leading to that happening in the show.  I could see that possibly being the season 5 twist.  But I'd rather it happen sooner.  The relationship between Deb and Dexter is amazing.  I think it's my favorite part of the show.  They (and we) learn more and more about each other every time they talk.  When they were at Arthur's house I really thought Dexter was going to tell her that he kills.   

sing blue silver

all i can say is holy fucking shit fuck! i was honestly shocked and i've never experienced that from a show before. i'm a long time dexter fan and this season they finally managed to top the end of the second season. i'm still blown away and can not wait for the next season. they sure know how to keep me watching.

devlin

that was fucking great. what a fucking twist. i was expecting a happy ending. not for the show to be over, but they usually wrap up the seasons with a smile.

Quote from: defskull on Dec 14, 2009, 07:42 AM
Apparently Cody is like Dexter in the books.  See I don't really like the idea of this.  Why must Dexter have a protege?  I'd rather see him make substantial growth.  Also apparently in the books Debra knows that Dexter kills.  It seems as though they're slowly leading to that happening in the show.  I could see that possibly being the season 5 twist.  But I'd rather it happen sooner.  The relationship between Deb and Dexter is amazing.  I think it's my favorite part of the show.  They (and we) learn more and more about each other every time they talk.  When they were at Arthur's house I really thought Dexter was going to tell her that he kills.   

i hope they don't go with cody being his protege. i really don't like that idea at all either. and harrison is much to young to be fucked up from this. i could see dexter becoming colder like you suggested though. and deb finding out would make for a good twist/main plot for the next season.

chick de la lynch

I just kept yelling at the screen. Seriously, Rita? I was not expecting that whatsoever. The shitty part is that we're going to have to wait another year to see how this all unfolded.

I was surprised that they filmed Dexter in Long Beach. I recognized all the places I used to hang out around.

This is my favorite season. It made up for last season, definitely.