Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Okay, it's official...Kanye West is the most delusional douche alive.

Started by theis, Dec 03, 2008, 03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

"I wake up in the morning just thinking about which stereotypes I want to break ... I see artists like Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Chris Martin all in the same room, and we're going to push this music to the point where it was like in the sixties, in the seventies, where you talk about Led Zeppelin and Hendrix and the Beatles. We will be the new Beatles, the new Hendrix. They say in every other industry, you're supposed to do better than the past. Like, computers should get smaller and faster. But whenever you say, 'I want to be Elvis,' they say, 'What's wrong with you?" - Kanye West at the American Music Awards.

Hahaha, wow... dude really needs a wakeup call.

Crazylegs

oldgentlovecraft

They're all like that now.  To a point I understand what he's trying to say.  These artists ARE this generation's big names in music.  Pathetic, eh?  Even though I don't like most older favorites (Beatles, Elvis, etc.) I do understand their contribution to music in general and their appeal to each generation.  Now?  ADHD twats with delusions of grandeur who are only using innovations from past music eras but calling it their own.

ToneDef

The industry is so fucked now that better artists could never be as classically great. You gotta sell like 2 records now to make number 1. Back then shit was crazy. You had to be on fucking fire. No fucking about.

lostpilot

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Crazylegs

deftoneskoen

Quote from: ToneDef on Dec 03, 2008, 04:04 PM
The industry is so fucked now that better artists could never be as classically great. You gotta sell like 2 records now to make number 1. Back then shit was crazy. You had to be on fucking fire. No fucking about.
Thats just not true. In those days you were so lucky if you had the chance to record an album.
The musicmarketing these days is just sick, they really look at what the listener wants to hear and see whats hot and not.
These days there are so many more bands, wich makes it harder to break trough.
Or I might be realy getting you wrong.

Jizzlobber

<

goldpony

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Dec 03, 2008, 08:15 PM
So basically, this is about Elvis?

its hard to be the king. i think its funny how the only ones who reference elvis are rappers
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deftonekid

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 03, 2008, 09:51 PM
i think its funny how the only ones who reference elvis are rappers
haha so true. life is full of contradictions tho.

Deadradio

Quote from: lostpilot on Dec 03, 2008, 07:29 PM
My god. I just want them to die of herpes

hahahahahahahaha!!!! Is it possible to die from herpes?

whodunit?

Kanye is the worst musician ever. I prefer Coldplay over him.

infinitelateralus

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 03, 2008, 04:02 PM
They're all like that now.  To a point I understand what he's trying to say.  These artists ARE this generation's big names in music.  Pathetic, eh?  Even though I don't like most older favorites (Beatles, Elvis, etc.) I do understand their contribution to music in general and their appeal to each generation.  Now?  ADHD twats with delusions of grandeur who are only using innovations from past music eras but calling it their own.

just like led zeppelin did with blues.

rainnyx4

Fireal1222

all the people he named are scumbags.

they have sold there souls to satan for money

and blind a culture of young people with there talentless garbage

and if someone posts and tries to tell me that one of those names mentioned have talent. i will do voo doo on you. and i dont know voo doo

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

i kill for fun

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 04, 2008, 02:59 AM
Does Beyonce even write her own music?
haha, kanye you fucking tool!! only reason he mentioned beyonce is cuz he wants to fuck the shit out of her, as all male hip hop artists dream of.  :P ;D
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lithium

💩