Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Any one in the US Army??

Started by dictatesofreason, Dec 05, 2008, 06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dictatesofreason

my unit just came back froma 14 month deployment in iraq, and my MOS is a 13F a Forward Observer, so not only am in the field with a Combatt Arms job, usually im  way ahead of everyone else, so there goes you junk about me bein a cook, and im not bragging, im just pissed that no one respects anymore, so you a marine variable?? army bashing pretty hard you were.

Variable

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 16, 2008, 08:42 PM
Quote from: Variable on Dec 16, 2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, exactly.  “Iz seen it on da nooz thur4 it must b tru”  I mean fuck, are people really this ignorant? 

“I can totally believe Raping and Pillaging is going on , because it doesn't seem very far fetched at all.”

Are you fucking kidding me?  Just because something could be true, automatically makes it true to you?  Just because you think its true?  Fuck what people who have been there say.  You think it could be true ( even though you are not in the military and have not been to Iraq or Afghanistan ) therefore it is true?  You’re about a fucking idiot. 

Well after the Guantanamo Incident. Yes, I can believe it happens... jeez, get all fucking butt hurt because someone bashes your Army.
No, its not that you were talking crap about the military.  You were saying horrible things about me and my friends.  But more so that you were saying very un true things about us.  The Abu Ghraib incident was pretty dam isolated.  Not to mention that those people got fucking fried for it.  There have been plenty of other inquiries and investigations of detainee abuse.  But that should only prove that the military strongly frowns upon that kind of behavior.  There are literally millions of service members.  You can't stereotype us all because of the actions of only maybe 100 + .   I am all for Guantanamo Bay being shut down.  But speaking to that, Even the Executive Branch straight up admits to water boarding the detainees there.  And not that I'm defending Guantanamo, but I will mention that US service members are waterboarded every day at S.E.R.E. school.

There is a very mixed perception of the war on terror and especially the war in Iraq amongst service members as a whole.  But I have found that most of those of us who deploy to the actual combat zones are just trying to do a good job and go home in one piece.  I don't know very many people who I think genuinely harbored any feelings of true hate for the average citizens of Iraq or Afghanistan.  Especially not enough hate to torture and rape them.  Not to mention the ridiculous amount of trouble you would get in for getting caught doing something like that.  They fucking fry your ass for shooting an innocent civilian even if they were acting in a threatening way towards you.  Its crazy.  But thats my point.  You have no idea about any of that.  You have no idea about how many ROE briefs we go though and how many times we have to hear all these crazy rules that totally set us up for failure.  You have no idea about the stress than can be put on you average service member who has to go on a combat patrol outside the wire.  So for someone like you to say such things, sounds very ignorant.  Very, very ignorant.  Especially when some of us in your audience knows from first hand experience that you're wrong.

Variable

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Dec 16, 2008, 11:23 PM
my unit just came back froma 14 month deployment in iraq, and my MOS is a 13F a Forward Observer, so not only am in the field with a Combatt Arms job, usually im  way ahead of everyone else, so there goes you junk about me bein a cook, and im not bragging, im just pissed that no one respects anymore, so you a marine variable?? army bashing pretty hard you were.
Yeah I met quite a few FOs in Afghanistan.  Im guessing that means you were part of the scout platoon?  I think thats what they called themselves.  I was on a cop with a calvary troop.  I think it was the 191 cav.  im not 100% positive though.  They were from Germany and Italy.  Their call sign was bulldog.  Thats about the most I can remember without getting my ass up and pulling up some certificates they gave to me for being part of the "order of the spur" or whatever.  But they had a few FOs.  Before them I was on another cop with another unit that called themselves "pathfinder"  I can't remember exactly what kind of unit they were.  It seemed like they were the armies version of Recon.  I would remember what they were if I heard it again.  They had a 18D medic.  Most of the rest of them were rangers.  So I dont know.

But no, I'm not a Marine.  I'm in the Navy.  I don't know how much time you spent with Marine units.  But they Marine corps doesn't have any medical personnel.  So they pull all of their corpsmen ( the navies term for medic ) from the navy.  So I'm in the navy, but I have never even seen a ship.  I live on a marine corps base, wear a marine uniform, have a marine chain of command, go to the field with the marines, deploy with the marines, but I get paid by the navy.  It's a bit strange to someone outside of the system.  But it works out ok.  Here is a link of you really care to read up on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_corpsman

But yeah.  I talk shit about the army.  Probably in part due to service pride.  I met a lot of real cool army guys.  A lot of fucking retarded army guys too.  But that's all the same in the Navy and Marine corps.  It's not that anyone I met in the Army were necessarily bad Americans.  It's just that I was horrified at the cowardice I saw in the Army as a whole organization.  I mean, dudes were scared shitless.  It seemed like it was your SOP to just fucking run as fast as you could back to the FOB anytime anyone shoots at you.  Also to only leave the FOB if you absolutely must.  Meaning minimal patrols, meaning more time for the insurgents to lay IEDs or set up ambushes, or terrorize the local populace, making it way more dangerous for those of us who patrolled every day.  Then again, in my experience, when the marines hit an area that has been controlled by the army for a while.  The bad guys get so dam confused when the people they are shooting at actually shoot back and run towards the ambush, that they too just pack up and run away.  So I don't know.  I'm not saying you're a bad guy.  I'm just saying that more than likely, if you're in the Army, you're a pussy.  But I guess you could be one of the few who actually have some nuts.

I will make a side note though.  I in no way shape or form think that every Marine and every Corpsmen is a bad ass.  Just if you get me started on the whole pusification of the US military as a whole, ill never shut the fuck up. 

dictatesofreason

its cool  at least there iron in your words, these other kds on this thread dont..yeah my cousin was corpsman, another was a Marine, he had two tours in iraq, he was ther that first week in march back in 03, i have lot of respect for them and the corpsmen, and about the combat over there, we didnt see much in northren iraq, but when we deploy to the stan in nov of next year it be a whole lot more different

Variable

Yeah I met quite a few FOs in Afghanistan.  Im guessing that means you were part of the scout platoon?  I think thats what they called themselves.  I was on a cop with a calvary troop.  I think it was the 191 cav.  im not 100% positive though.  They were from Germany and Italy.  Their call sign was bulldog.  Thats about the most I can remember without getting my ass up and pulling up some certificates they gave to me for being part of the "order of the spur" or whatever.  But they had a few FOs.  Before them I was on another cop with another unit that called themselves "pathfinder"  I can't remember exactly what kind of unit they were.  It seemed like they were the armies version of Recon.  I would remember what they were if I heard it again.  They had a 18D medic.  Most of the rest of them were rangers.  So I dont know.

But no, I'm not a Marine.  I'm in the Navy.  I don't know how much time you spent with Marine units.  But they Marine corps doesn't have any medical personnel.  So they pull all of their corpsmen ( the navies term for medic ) from the navy.  So I'm in the navy, but I have never even seen a ship.  I live on a marine corps base, wear a marine uniform, have a marine chain of command, go to the field with the marines, deploy with the marines, but I get paid by the navy.  It's a bit strange to someone outside of the system.  But it works out ok.  Here is a link of you really care to read up on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_corpsman

But yeah.  I talk shit about the army.  Probably in part due to service pride.  I met a lot of real cool army guys.  A lot of fucking retarded army guys too.  But that's all the same in the Navy and Marine corps.  It's not that anyone I met in the Army were necessarily bad Americans.  It's just that I was horrified at the cowardice I saw in the Army as a whole organization.  I mean, dudes were scared shitless.  It seemed like it was your SOP to just fucking run as fast as you could back to the FOB anytime anyone shoots at you.  Also to only leave the FOB if you absolutely must.  Meaning minimal patrols, meaning more time for the insurgents to lay IEDs or set up ambushes, or terrorize the local populace, making it way more dangerous for those of us who patrolled every day.  Then again, in my experience, when the marines hit an area that has been controlled by the army for a while.  The bad guys get so dam confused when the people they are shooting at actually shoot back and run towards the ambush, that they too just pack up and run away.  So I don't know.  I'm not saying you're a bad guy.  I'm just saying that more than likely, if you're in the Army, you're a pussy.  But I guess you could be one of the few who actually have some nuts.

I will make a side note though.  I in no way shape or form think that every Marine and every Corpsmen is a bad ass.  Just if you get me started on the whole pusification of the US military as a whole, ill never shut the fuck up.  But it is kind of cool to have another member of SL who has actually deployed before.  We should start the sharing lungs veterans of foreign wars club.

oh and I just saw your post about going to Afghanistan in November 09.  I am going in November 09 too.  Weird.  I'm pretty sure ill be way further south than you though.  Do you know what Provence you are going to?

dictatesofreason

i have no idea yet, rumors say somewhere eastern, Ghazni, Bamyan idk, then of course with the new POTUS who knows.

Variable

I went to Ghazni for a day when that whole Korean hostage thing was going down.  I hope for your sake that you don't go there.

dictatesofreason

Variable

Yeah, it packed full of ass holes.  But its just also a shitty place.  A lot of Afghanistan is very very beautiful.  Lots of mountains, rivers, and trees.  Ghazni is pretty desert.  Kind of ugly.  But there is a pretty big lake there, due to a dam.  The FOB is semi big.  And you are only about an Hour or two from Kabul.  But I would just rather be somewhere else. 

dictatesofreason

yeah thats what some stan vets ive met said..idk personally i think the ruskies or even china might be cookin something up

Variable

I seriously doubt it.  China is trying to make its way into the western world.  They are making huge profits with the free trade global economy.  They would be stupid to start some shit.  They really have nothing to gain by it.  Same with Russia.  They are trying to clean up their image and establish themselves as a world power again. Standing up to and starting a war with NATO just wouldn't make any sense for them.

I do however believe that you and I will be in Pakistan here pretty dam soon.  Obama is chomping at the bit to enter Pakistan.

dictatesofreason

true but in the last five years when has anything economical, poltical gone according to plan ya know, whole damn worlds outta control, its only guna get worse

Variable

Actually, everything went exactly how the smart people predicted it would.  You just have to check where you get your info from.  Because there is no room for smart people in the major public media or in elected offices.  We prefer charisma over intelligence. 

dictatesofreason

thats true ,they did predict all this chaos, whats his name john said it like thousands of years ago, i figure armageddons around the corner

Variable

lol.  No.  I'm not talking about prophecies.  I just mean that there are a lot of very intelligent people out there who are able to understand cause and effect.  through this very simple scientific process they are able to say that if America does this, that will happen. 

Example.  If the federal reserve lowers interest rates in response to the falling NASDAQ in 2003.  Then in less than a decade America will be in an economic crisis. 
This was accurately predicted by the Mises organization www.mises.org and heavily publicized by congressman Ron Paul www.ronpaul.org.  But did anyone listen?  Nope.  Because it wasn't being said on FOX or CNN.  Therefore it wasn't true.  Then when it did happen all the news stations were in a frenzy to get Ron Paul on their shows and ask " How could you have possibly known!?" and when he told them.  They wrote him off as a looney and never brought him back....... Yes.  We prefer charisma over intelligence. 

dictatesofreason

Variable

So now your going to end up like me.  I came to SL when I got stationed in Okinawa and was bored out of my mind because there was nothing to do when I wasn't working.

dictatesofreason

sharinglungs