Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Chi's condition effect Eros' release date?

Started by Xedora, Dec 06, 2008, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xedora

I don't mean that to sound cruel or anything, just wondering if anyone's heard about it having an effect on the release of the album.

I'm thinking it might delay the release because they won't be able to tour without chi, and it's a tough shot trying to promote a new album without touring.

anyone know anything?

rainnyx4

Quote from: Xedora on Dec 06, 2008, 05:52 PM
I don't mean that to sound cruel or anything, just wondering if anyone's heard about it having an effect on the release of the album.

I'm thinking it might delay the release because they won't be able to tour without chi, and it's a tough shot trying to promote a new album without touring.

anyone know anything?

Actually, they have toured once before when Chi was unable to play.  If I remember correctly, the bassist for Quicksand filled in for him.  So, him being unable to go touring isn't necessarily going to delay the release of the album.  It might delay it if out of respect the band doesn't want to release it or something.

Frankz0r

Obviously this will affect the release. They were working on it, now chi is not there.

Scarf_Bitch

fuck i hope not. i was just about to make a thread about this, but yeah i rember watching THATH live with out chi. but since its a new album i dont any other bassist will know how to play the new songs
\

Hidalgo

oh yea it'll certainly delay it. very understandable reason this time, so nobody can have a problem with it

White Wrist

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 06, 2008, 06:56 PM
oh yea it'll certainly delay it. very understandable reason this time, so nobody can have a problem with it

UrZ*

I don't think Deftones morally would plan a tour when Chi is in a coma....

And they wont have a different bassplayer lay down the riffs (because they were going to record next, at least that's what i think i read?)...

still, "it's all good"..very legit reason to not delay but postpone..
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

rainnyx4

I thought the album was done, like in "Everything is done we're just waiting for the other people not in the band but are involved in the record making process to do their stuff." done.

dictatesofreason

YEAH THATS what i thought, imean thats three years of time

deftoolsys07

it probably won't affect the release date, the album is done except for mixing and mastering, and even that may be done by now. the band might not release it til he gets out of the coma just out of respect though.

and they definitely won't tour without him. why the fuck would they do that?
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Jacob

I don't give a fuck about the release date right now.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

The album release won't be anything for me if Chi doesn't wake up...

mr.sinister

Jizzlobber

I wonder if it will effect their writing, and the 'mood' of the music a bit, i mean , its a real emotional turmoil everyone has dealt with
<

Jacob

from what I understand the writing process is done since a good while back. maybe they end up writhing new material though, who knows.

Xedora

Quote from: aenemic on Dec 07, 2008, 12:35 AM

This perticular thread is for the people who do still care about the album's release.

Your thread is here, I believe. http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,14881.0.html

:P

mono

Slacker

yeah that shit aint coming out next year.

Jacob

Quote from: Xedora on Dec 07, 2008, 03:16 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Dec 07, 2008, 12:35 AM

This perticular thread is for the people who do still care about the album's release.

Your thread is here, I believe. http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,14881.0.html

:P

I never said I don't care about the album, I want it as much as anyone. but I think it's pretty obvious that Chi's accident will affect the release. the band themselves probably don't think too much about that at the moment either.

oh, and you're apparantly the one who has that thread bookmarked.