Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Chi's condition effect Eros' release date?

Started by Xedora, Dec 06, 2008, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deafnotes

Xedora

Quote from: aenemic on Dec 07, 2008, 11:44 PM
Quote from: Xedora on Dec 07, 2008, 05:16 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Dec 07, 2008, 02:35 AM
I don't give a fuck about the release date right now.

This perticular thread is for the people who do still care about the album's release.

Your thread is here, I believe. http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,14881.0.html

:P

I never said I don't care about the album, I want it as much as anyone. but I think it's pretty obvious that Chi's accident will affect the release. the band themselves probably don't think too much about that at the moment either.

oh, and you're apparantly the one who has that thread bookmarked.

Just pulling your leg man.

I don't expect the album to be released on time. Just wondering if anyone read anything pertaining to the subject.

dictatesofreason

itd be a plus year if chi woke up fine, the band released the album, and they came all the way to fort drum new yok!!

Xedora

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Dec 08, 2008, 01:52 AM
itd be a plus year if chi woke up fine, the band released the album, and they came all the way to fort drum new yok!!

my old drummer chris lupica's stationed in ft drum.

pissedandpierced

They could easily finish of the album without but I know they won't. If Chi's condition remained the same for a long period I would expect them to make an executive decision on what to do with regards to the album. I would love them to release the album this year and tour but I would rather have Chi awake.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

dictatesofreason

yeah, fuck everything else if chi wakes up fine then everything wil b ok, if not then everything will blow

defmark87

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Dec 08, 2008, 09:53 PM
They could easily finish of the album without but I know they won't. If Chi's condition remained the same for a long period I would expect them to make an executive decision on what to do with regards to the album. I would love them to release the album this year and tour but I would rather have Chi awake.

Writing of the record as been wrapped up for a while. Before they played those shows in September, they were in Seattle mixing the record. I remember hearing in a radio interview w/ Chino, he said that it had been completed. It just takes a while to get it mastered and then process it through the label.

sharinglungs

Quote from: defmark87 on Dec 09, 2008, 12:47 AM

Writing of the record as been wrapped up for a while. Before they played those shows in September, they were in Seattle mixing the record. I remember hearing in a radio interview w/ Chino, he said that it had been completed. It just takes a while to get it mastered and then process it through the label.

Mastering takes a couple days.

It's the Record company that could hold up the record.

dictatesofreason

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 09, 2008, 04:01 AM
Quote from: defmark87 on Dec 09, 2008, 12:47 AM

Mastering takes a couple days.

It's the Record company that could hold up the record.

sadly thats probly the main reason, fuckin maverick

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

pissedandpierced

If this is the case then I have been told that a UK release is due in April.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

dictatesofreason

jaylawl

I think it's possible that the album is already written and recorded. They announced the release for the winter of this year and when Chi had this accident, there wasn't much time left until the year would expire. It also does take some time to clear shit with the music industry, print the CDs and then get these into the stores I guess. Possibly it's done, possibly not - we don't know shit. I'm not really informed about the progress of them anyway, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

However, a human life scores more than a music album.

nyquil addict

Until Chi wakes up, this album isn't going to be released.

bIondie

Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 21, 2008, 10:05 PM

'cause you know everything.

dictatesofreason

nyquil addict

Quote from: bIondie on Dec 21, 2008, 10:16 PM
Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 21, 2008, 10:05 PM

'cause you know everything.

Because Chi could die and I just don't see the band focusing on it until he wakes up. Maybe six months from now if Chi's still in a coma and it looks long term they'll consider it.

Northcal

Fucking Eros >:( come on chino finish that shit already !!!!!!!! We the fans need this shitt,we know its last record with dark music ,not pussy shit :P btw for all future haters on my comments fukkkkkkkk uuuuuuu I ain't puff daddy but take thattt uuahhh

SwerveCityUSA

you guys can jerk off to EROS all day long, but just like that pretty piece you saw walk by, you're not gonna get it. maybe when you stack that wallet...in years to come.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat