Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Friday the 13th (2009)

Started by theis, Dec 07, 2008, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

It's being directed by the dude who did the Texas Chainsaw remake. I personally like the remake. Sure, it had nothing on the original, but it was still a fun time.

This looks pretty fun too. Jason's always been a badass character.

And for those wondering; this isn't a remake of the first movie only. The director tied together the first 3 Friday flicks. So we'll get to experience Jason as a kid, when he wears the potato bag and when he gets the hockey mask. Nice.

Trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810022022/video/10962759

bright lights, big city

if Rob Zombie was doing it, I'd be a little excited. I don't get excited for anything Michael Bay does, though.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Rob Zombie did a pretty shitty job with the Halloween remake, don't you think?

anyways, I don't hate Bay that much. The Rock and Transformers were both great popcorn flicks. Also, he's only the producer on this.

What did you think about the TCM remake?

deafnotes

Deadradio

bright lights, big city

didn't really care for the TCM remake. and with rob zombie's Halloween, for some reason, I enjoyed it. It was well-made, for the most part stuck with the original and improved upon it.

Plus it came out around a time of LOTS of horror remakes like the Fog, Black Xmas, etc. I think it is one of the better remakes out there.

actually i could go on about this topic general, i might make a topic for remakes..
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftonekid

I didn't like the Texas Chainsaw remake, so I'm not having high hopes for this one but we'll see.

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 07, 2008, 03:41 PM
Agreed.

goldpony

i read that this one is going to be somewhat comedic. fail.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

aren't most slashers comedic in one way or another?

goldpony

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 08, 2008, 11:30 PM

true, but what i read (fuck i cant remember where), bay said he was trying to make it funny and scary. unintentional comedy is one thing, trying to do the evil dead is another
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: deafnotes on Dec 07, 2008, 11:06 PM
rob zombie is a sell out

Booooo  House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects were awesome. 

From what I've read in horror mags this should be decent.  Of course, I'll wait to watch it myself to decide.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 09, 2008, 12:07 AM
rob zombie is a sell out

damn straight, whatever happened to his newest movie, Tyrannusaurus something something... shit i gotta do some research into this.
DERP

theis

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 08, 2008, 11:41 PM

true, but what i read (fuck i cant remember where), bay said he was trying to make it funny and scary. unintentional comedy is one thing, trying to do the evil dead is another

well, judging from the trailer is doesn't look comedic at all.

devlin

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 09, 2008, 09:09 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Dec 08, 2008, 11:41 PM

well, judging from the trailer is doesn't look comedic at all.

yeah the trailer looked good. i'm optimisstic.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 09, 2008, 12:53 AM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 09, 2008, 12:07 AM
rob zombie is a sell out

damn straight, whatever happened to his newest movie, Tyrannusaurus something something... shit i gotta do some research into this.

i love all three of zombies movies. 4 if you include the badass fake trailer "werewolf women of the ss" apperently he shot like 90 minutes of shit for that 5 minute trailer. he should definitly make that movie! i actually was just looking into that new tyranasaurus movie and there is like no info on it, at least none that i could find. if you find something link me please.

bright lights, big city

the only info i could find about Tyrannosaurus Rex was IMDB saying its out August 28, 2009

that and it has Sherri moon in it
DERP

devlin

yeah thats all i found too. i'll keep looking too.

devlin

UPDATE: A few weeks back Rob Zombie announced that he will be directing a new horror film for Dimension Films entitled Tyrannosaurus Rex, which is NOT about dinosaurs. We were intrigued so we did some serious digging and have finally discovered the basic premise (with some minor details still missing). Read on to see what Rob Zombie's T-REX is about!

UPDATE: There's a supposed "official" Myspace page for the film where Rob Zombie (if it's really him) writes "Not sure how this all started , but this film is not based on a comic book called The Nail. If fact I haven't told anybody what this film is yet." So either one of three things happened: 1: Rob is lying per usual (like when he told DreadCentral that he was in fact directing CHUD, which was BS) 2: The Zombie camp is lying to me 3: Rob changed the story enough to where it's not based on THE NAIL anymore. I guess only time will tell who is bullsh-tting who, but I can tell you this much - I'm getting pretty fed up with all of this lying, semantics and lack of communication that always seems to come with a Rob Zombie movie.

A regular scooper tipped us off, and it was confirmed that T-REX is about a wrestler named Tyrannosaurus Rex who is on the run from a biker gang from hell. Furthermore, the idea for the film is loosely based on the comic book Zombie did with Steve Niles (30 Days of Night) entitled THE NAIL. Here's the synopsis:

Hunted in one of the most desolate regions of America, preyed upon by an evil that does not sleep, Rex Hauser is The Nail - and it's time he took a stand. A semi-pro wrestler, Hauser has been touring the country performing at small-time arenas until the fateful night he and his family run afoul of a bloodthirsty gang of Satanic bikers stalking the North Dakota Badlands. Now he's a lone man fighting for the survival of his loved ones in a no-holds-barred standoff against the forces of Hell itself! Co-written by the newly formed CREEP International writing team of modern horror masters Rob Zombie and Steve Niles, The Nail is a relentless, unflinching portrait of the heart of darkness, and what one man will sacrifice to hold it at bay.

The film is slated for release August 28, 2009.

taken from: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11345

bright lights, big city

DERP

Jizzlobber

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 07, 2008, 03:41 PM

They pretty much copied his script idea for Halloween for this Friday movie...

<

jv_

I've fallen for this metal and I love this handle
So it's over for all of you
Two round holes cut into this fabric.
And I will slide it over my head.
I'll chase you for all hours.
I never see you make the effort to chase me.
Now your final place is this lake.
Stare at me now on your way down.