Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Good news from A Perfect Circle!

Started by Gherde, Dec 09, 2008, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Mer De Noms and 13th Step both sound like completed works of art to me. Both amazing, beautiful albums. Very different too.

defskull

From theprp.com:

A Perfect Circle have officially announced their return via the following press release:

"LOS ANGELES, Sept. 13 – A Perfect Circle have returned from their self-imposed hiatus. The band, led by Maynard James Keenan (Tool, Puscifer) and Billy Howerdel (Ashes Divide), will embark on a five-city tour this fall (dates and ticket on-sale information will be announced shortly).

Shows in Phoenix (Marquee Theatre), Los Angeles (Avalon), Seattle (Showbox at The Market) and San Francisco (The Fillmore) will be three-night stops with each night featuring one of A Perfect Circle's three albums in its entirety (Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe). Las Vegas (The Pearl) will be a two-night outing (Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step).

The band will perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Oct. 27.

A Perfect Circle have sold four million records in the U.S. After the band announced their hiatus in 2005, Keenan focused on Tool , launched the multimedia project Puscifer and worked on his burgeoning Arizona vineyards. Howerdel went on to form Ashes Divide who released their debut album, Keep Telling Myself It's Alright, in 2008."

Fuck. Yes. 

ToneDef

Fireal1222

great news

personally i think thirteenth step is by far the bands best work. it takes me back to my high school days and everytime i hear that album it reminds me of this time of year(autumn).. i actually hold that album very dear. its so beautiful in every way. and i listened to it alot while doing alot of changing

as far as lateralus and 10000days goes.. lateralus is by far a superior album, 10000days does sound like an album of lateralus bsides as someone else previously stated

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: defskull on Sep 13, 2010, 08:11 PM
From theprp.com:

A Perfect Circle have officially announced their return via the following press release:

"LOS ANGELES, Sept. 13 – A Perfect Circle have returned from their self-imposed hiatus. The band, led by Maynard James Keenan (Tool, Puscifer) and Billy Howerdel (Ashes Divide), will embark on a five-city tour this fall (dates and ticket on-sale information will be announced shortly).

Shows in Phoenix (Marquee Theatre), Los Angeles (Avalon), Seattle (Showbox at The Market) and San Francisco (The Fillmore) will be three-night stops with each night featuring one of A Perfect Circle's three albums in its entirety (Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe). Las Vegas (The Pearl) will be a two-night outing (Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step).

The band will perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Oct. 27.

A Perfect Circle have sold four million records in the U.S. After the band announced their hiatus in 2005, Keenan focused on Tool , launched the multimedia project Puscifer and worked on his burgeoning Arizona vineyards. Howerdel went on to form Ashes Divide who released their debut album, Keep Telling Myself It's Alright, in 2008."

Fuck. Yes. 

Why would they waste their time playing anything from eMOTIVE. Such a piece of dog shit. Other than that, this is awesome news. It would be nice to hear some new material as long as it doesn't sound a goddamn bit like eMOTIVE. And if they were going to play "Passive" at all I would hope they would play "Vacant" instead. This mini-tour will probably be the extent of activity by APC.

Starz

Yeah, why play eMOTIVE. That album is terrible. I like 13th Step but Mer de Noms is by far their best work to date... Hopefully some UK tour dates will be announced for next year

deigoruellez

Aw, hell yes!  I've been waiting forever for new material from them.

Law

Cannot wait to see them, being a fan for so long and not getting the chance to see them is infuriating, so this will be great.

And this is pure joy:

A Perfect Circle - The Noose (Live)

devilinside

Does anyone have a download link for Just Me?

people are people

God Maynard recently posted on his Instagram confirming he is working on new material for Tool and also new material from A Perfect Circle and Puscifer. It appears Tool will have their new album out in 2014. He posted:
"For my 666th IG photo, I'd just like to say... Music is happening on ALL fronts. Always. #lightenupfrancis #shitupandletmework #tool2014 @aperfectcircle @tool @puscifer"

deftones47

Alright! That sounds awesome! Been waiting for a new APC album!

Jacob

Meh, just read that the releases from APC are a live box set and a greatest hits album. Only new material coming any time soon seems to be a studio version of that new song they played live.

And the interview ended with something that could be interpeted as Maynard saying APC is dead, but I don't know. Never really trust something he says 100%.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-maynard-james-keenan-knows-where-to-score-a-good-wig-20130917

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftones47

DJR

Although i can never say enough good things about Tool..one of the greatest bands ever!......I prefer APC :)

deftones47

Quote from: DJR on Sep 24, 2013, 06:15 PM
Although i can never say enough good things about Tool..one of the greatest bands ever!......I prefer APC :)

Same.

Jacob

Meh. Good potential, mediocre performance.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DJR