Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

X-Men Origins Wolverine Trailer

Started by Deftones-88-05-Deftones, Dec 15, 2008, 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Apr 02, 2009, 08:29 PM
The Last Stand was a hijacked piece of shit. Studio execs got their grubby paws on it and skull-raped it. This movie shows promise, I feel.
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Apr 02, 2009, 08:57 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 02, 2009, 03:30 PM
how can you not care! fuckin' love the x-men

well actually if you go by the movies, that third one did leave a sour aftertaste.

Too much deviation from the actual storylines.  It was entertaining but quite frustrating for a comic book nerd. 
Plus they kind of had the wrong mutants, I thought. Angel is kind of an iffy character, and they completely fucked up the Juggernaut character.
However this has Deadpool AND Gambit. Sweeeeet!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftonekid

I just won tickets for the premier on wednesday here in Mexico. I'm so excited ;D

devlin

thats fucking cool man!

i just watched the incomplelte version last night. i wasn't going to watch it but one of the guys i work with brought it in so we watched it on break. and it was really really fucking good. the only thing incomplete was some of the special effects so it didn't bother me at all. it was actually pretty funny whenever you saw a wire or early stage CGI.

my only two real problem were i don't really like how they handled deadpool, i wont say more, but he was a pretty big let down. and the guy that played sabertooth, i don't remember his name, but he did a great job and i would have perfered him as sabertooth all along, but it kinda bothers me that the movies have two totally different looking sabertooths. besides that it stayed pretty true to the wolverine: origin comics. all in all i loved it and can't wait to see the finished product.

bright lights, big city

dammit I've been having high hopes that Deadpool would become a kickass film franchise.

How did they do Gambit?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

gambit was ok. not in it for long.

deftonekid

Fuck, the premier was cancelled cuz of the flu and shit, so I guess I'll have to watch the unfinished version

devlin

a sequel and a dead pool spin-off have been confirmed. i'm excited. the movie isn't getting great reviews...i loved it.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: devlin on May 06, 2009, 04:27 PM
a sequel and a dead pool spin-off have been confirmed. i'm excited. the movie isn't getting great reviews...i loved it.

I hope they dont fuck it up like they did with this movie. 2 out of 5
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

bright lights, big city

I thought Ryan Reynolds would be great for Deadpool. I was wrong. But I can never get enough X-Men movies, so I'm still liking this news.
DERP

devlin

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 06, 2009, 05:11 PM
I thought Ryan Reynolds would be great for Deadpool. I was wrong. But I can never get enough X-Men movies, so I'm still liking this news.

really?!? i thought he was great and whoever wrote the script fucked up the character by having his mouth sealed over.  what didn't you like about reynolds?

bright lights, big city

yeah you know what, the more I think about the movie, I blame it on the director/writers/costumes. I'll say Reynolds did what he could with the script. The "Merc with the Mouth" had 3 lines maybe? And doesn't he always wear a mask in the comics? wtf.

Just overall I was kind of disappointed with the movie. It's meant to be a prequel, hence the "X-Men Origins" tag, but there were some inconsistencies from the main trilogy.
DERP

Livewire

Everyone here watched to the end of the credits right?  If not you missed a snippet.

alvarezbassist17

i was pretty disappointed too. hugh jackman said that wolverine had become kind of a pussy later in the trilogy, and they were getting back to his roots with this movie.  i thought he was a way bigger pussy in origins.

and i agree about deadpool, they totally fucked the character up.  he's supposed to have a fucked up face, which is why he wore a mask. ryan reynolds definitely did what he could.

Livewire

Well his face was fucked up at the end after they did all the experiments on him.  The big problem I had with him was the extra powers they gave him like the teleportation and optic blasts.

devlin

i think if they make a couple of changes and get dead pool back on track with his original story line they could have a great fucking movie.

Jizzlobber

<

Penicks

Shit's a big word. As an action movie, it was pretty decent. If you're a fan of the comics though, you'll be disappointed. Awful CGI at times as well.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: Penicks on May 11, 2009, 05:26 PM
Shit's a big word. As an action movie, it was pretty decent. If you're a fan of the comics though, you'll be disappointed. Awful CGI at times as well.

Yeah okay, mainly it was the CGI i didnt like so much
<