Intel Core 2 Quad
DDRII 4096 mb
750 gb
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800 GT 512mb

\m/

sharinglungs

Not bad depending on price

black coffee

maybe except the graphics card, you get all that stuff in notebooks nowadays as well - ^

Variable

but for double the price

Jacob

bah, how much did you pay for that? and what OS do you have?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

dam.  When I have time I am going to post my laptop that I bought a couple months ago.  I'm curious as to how bad I got ripped off.

I also have a question to anyone who knows.  I'm looking at buying a TV.  I really don't watch much tv at all.  But I want something kind of nice for when I rent a movie or have a girl over or something like that.  So

1. Do I really need 1080p? or is 720 good enough? Someone told me that 1080p only works with blue ray.  I don't know if thats true or not.  And then I'm guessing that to get the blue ray or HD you have to buy a special dvd player?

2. What is a good price for a 52inch 1080p, and 720p?

thanks

White Pwny

I have a 50 inch 1080p Hitachi... and we got a deal on it last year   $1300.    Yes to watch Blu Ray discs, you will need a Blu Ray player.. or a PS3.   =o)       
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Zevaka

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
Not bad depending on price
about 1000$
Quote from: black coffee on Dec 17, 2008, 12:50 PM
maybe except the graphics card, you get all that stuff in notebooks nowadays as well - ^
if you find laptop with core 2 quadro 2,5 gHz... you live on another planet :)
Quote from: aenemic on Dec 17, 2008, 02:48 PM
moved to vista because of hardware. XP doesn't support 4 cores and 4 gb of ram, and it doesn't support directx 10

Variable

1000 seems like a lot for a desktop

Jacob

Quote from: Zevaka on Dec 17, 2008, 03:16 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Dec 17, 2008, 02:48 PM
moved to vista because of hardware. XP doesn't support 4 cores and 4 gb of ram, and it doesn't support directx 10

yeah that's what I was getting to. but you need 64-bit Vista to support 4gb ram (which 64-bit XP also supports actually). a 32-bit OS only supports 2-3gb ram (depends on how you count). Windows only used to show you 2gb ram even if you had more installed but Microsoft made it so that it shows more because people were complaining. there's no difference however, the OS still can't use all the ram.

and $1000 is a lot for a desktop pc but I assume you didn't build it yourself and you got a legal copy of Vista with it.

I just built a new computer myself for around $850 - that's the way to go. not to make you feel bad about your new computer, of course :P   it's good stuff and if it's factory built you get better support than with a home built system.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

goldpony

trey, dont fall for the 1080 p scam. yes it is a higher resolution, however humans can't physically tell the difference after 720 (details here http://www.slate.com/id/2205572/pagenum/2, go to page one for a price comparison). Most programs are only shown in 720 anyway. The only reson to buy a 1080 is a) you get a really really good price vs a 720 or b) you are a serious videophile. considering that from what i know of you that b isn't true, unless you can get a really good deal on it dont do it. more than anything, especially on a set that size, you will probably end noticing visual artifiacts that will drive you crazy. oh, and that one you are looking at is overpriced. you can probably go to the store and find a lesser brand with similar quality for a lesser price or find it as an open item in the store. I take advantage of the open items in electronic stores (it is illegal for them to sell defective equipment) so you can get an open item for considerably less. for instance, a couple of years ago i was able to get a high end Sony dvd player that retailed for over 200 for less than 100 and it has worked perfectly ever since (it even had a Golden Girls dvd from the previous owner still in it!)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Dam.  Thanks Josh.  You convinced me to stick with the 720.  That will save me lots of money.  Is there any franchised open item electronic stores that I can look up?

goldpony

not that i know of, i usually go to best buy, they usually have a pretty good selection of open items. i did get my ipod at circuit city as an open item tho. i would say look there first and maybe check out some electronic/appliance repair shops as well (probably locally owned). you'll be catchin ten in no time (aka surfin channels)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

sharinglungs

$1000 bucks for that PC . I'm hoping you got like a 22 inch monitor with that, because if not, you got ripped the fuck off.

sharingbuns

you better have gotten some pussy for a thousand
damn
at least a little blow-j
Quote from: goldpony on Nov 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
how do know when its ok to piitb? and should you ask first?

Zevaka

here we have such prices =\

Variable

I figured it was due to where you lived.  Dude, you're happy with your new PC.  Who gives a shit if you spent a couple extra bucks?

blondie

should've bought a mac.

fail.

Variable

I have heard some pretty shitty things about macs.  Especially in the realm of customer service if some shit goes wrong with your computer.