Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

older ts song names

Started by dictatesofreason, Dec 17, 2008, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dictatesofreason

The results are pure and unassuming, as liberating to the listener as they are to the band that created them. Opening track "Matterhorn" lumbers forward as if cutting through a dense fog, Moreno's vocals slicing through the mix like a searchlight through the sweeping expanse, while "Foreign Flag" opts for an airy, surrendering calm. "Blvd. Knights" is one of the self-titled release's heaviest moments, but even at its rapturous heights, embellishes on a warmer, fuzzier tone than Deftones fans are accustomed to. Timony's feminine front sends shivers tingling down the electro-pulsed spine of "Paris Arm," injects a haunting, melancholic timber to the Edgar Allen Poe-inspired "Liegea," and "King Diamond" straps into a techno-throttled overdrive that reverberates long after the song is done. If not for Moreno's distant vocals, the sultry backbeat of "Arctic Region" could be ready for a dance remix, and without any vocals at all,
"Year Of The King" swings from a frenetically-paced display of Crooks turntable talents, to a swell of guitars that wouldn't be far from home in The Wall.

i got this fom the ol ts site anyone joe which songs these are???  i mean i know theeir older names, but just curious as to which songs they evolved nto

BloodyKnifePrty

Never heard of any of the names you're asking about, but based on the description from the songs I would say that "Matterhorn" could be Your Skull is Red and "Year of the King" could be Staring at the Queen.  Not sure about "Arctic Region", maybe Ever Since WWI.

dictatesofreason

i thought arctic region was Iceache....and matterhorn...ataraxia???

Nebontha

Hey wasn't "Pleiades" the original name for "Your Skull Is Red"? Demo name or something?
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

dictatesofreason

i think so'

remember when whitepony was coming out...there was a soong called iceskates didnt that become rx queen

Inkblades

Year of the King is definitely Staring at the Queen.