Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Buffalo/FInger of Death

Started by dictatesofreason, Dec 18, 2008, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 24, 2010, 09:21 PM
Quote from: MxKnife on Mar 24, 2010, 09:15 PM
Haha you forgot frank.
do you think they really care about his thoughts ?
haha seriously

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 24, 2010, 09:04 PM
1- Abe
2- Chino
3- Chi
4- Stef

Thats the order that i trust their musical taste and choosing a demo to be a real song
i guess stef and chi really want fod would be a good song but chino didnt fall into that song.............whatever.......what the fuck are we working with...what the hell...what an empty stupid stuffs...mmmeeeeaahh

its chino and steph who are calling the shots.if they dont agree on this sort of stuff,the one who is in form - wins.

the rest of the band can sit in a couch with a bag of popcorn and watch the fight and then play the songs they are told to

Sushi-X

Frank is the Ringo of the group. The Leader. Lol

Rocket Skates '94

rock_n_frost

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 24, 2010, 09:42 PM

the rest of the band can sit in a couch with a bag of popcorn and watch the fight and then play the songs they are told to

i think thats true..

and when chino and stef fight, it probably seems like cartman and kyle fight
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

976-EVIL

and when chino and stef fight, it probably seems like cartman and kyle fight
[/quote]

Now that is F***in funny!!! ;D
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Sushi-X

Is there lyrics to this song?

Rocket Skates '94

dictatesofreason

not that anyone know, ive tried deciphering it but no joy on that one, maybe icecahe can heh..

what ever they are, the lyrics are one half of what makes this song so great

deftones86

Man i get tired of hearing about buffalo/finger of death. People act like that song cured cancer or something. That song is probablly never going to be officially released and in my opinion wasnt all that good. So lets leave it back in '04 or '05 when ever it came out.

jesusinabowlofdirt

well crenshaw was written for around the fur but didnt make it. then released it as a b-side to white pony years later.
dont see why they cant do it with this track,its way better than anything on snw and it wont take much of their time. its epic man.

and if u dont like hearing about it,then why do you write about it in the buffalo thread insted of letting the discussin die. you really should change your tactics dork

Hidalgo

but crenshaw was finished in 97, and most importantly Chino had ideas/melodies for it. FOD is fine how it is, it's there for whoever likes it

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 25, 2010, 10:19 AM
but crenshaw was finished in 97

you sure bout that? cause..  crenshaw sounds much more produced to fit white pony than the massive production of atf. i always thought they touched crenshaw during white pony times to fit that era

deftones86

Yea I probably need to re-think my strategy. Guess i should just give this thread the finger of death

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: deftones86 on Mar 25, 2010, 10:26 AM
Yea I probably need to re-think my strategy
+1

Quote from: deftones86 on Mar 25, 2010, 10:26 AM

cut out "attack of the" and put "deftones" there insted and we got the cover for the single

Subliminal

This is no exaggeration, but I think the verse riff for Finger of Death is my all time favourite riff. I just can't describe the feeling I get when I hear it. It's awesome. Plus it's fuckin' fun to play..

Hidalgo

the song doesn't really call for lyrics and studio treatment IMHO. i like alot of those demos just how they are, i can see why some weren't used, they're better as just music. sometimes lyrics just don't fit certain songs even if they're good. just depends on the singer and if his mind can open up with melodies, or if he just likes the music, but can't force any ideas vocally

jesusinabowlofdirt

im sure you've heard the crenshaw live track called crenshaw's punch in around 98-99... its a little bit faster and is way more aggressive, chino screams his lungs out. i always concidered that version the atf version... but then with all this white pony "nu metal is so big now, we rather take left and slow down and be different"-times-,they re-recorded a more calm version because thats who they were at the time. the b-side single version of crenshaw put out in 2000 would be totally out of place at atf but would fit on wp.that cant be a coincidence

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 10:49 AM
This is no exaggeration, but I think the verse riff for Finger of Death is my all time favourite riff. I just can't describe the feeling I get when I hear it. It's awesome. Plus it's fuckin' fun to play..

finally, some lovin. which the song deserves!

Subliminal

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 25, 2010, 11:11 AM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 10:49 AM

finally, some lovin. which the song deserves!

Indeed, it's one of their best and they know it.

If they never make it work, at least they loved it enough to play live and record. I don't see why it couldn't work or why it wouldn't be on Eros. They made You've Seen The Butcher work..

Hidalgo

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 25, 2010, 11:09 AM

im sure you've heard the crenshaw live track called crenshaw's punch in around 98-99... its a little bit faster and is way more aggressive, chino screams his lungs out. i always concidered that version the atf version... but then with all this white pony "nu metal is so big now, we rather take left and slow down and be different"-times-,they re-recorded a more calm version because thats who they were at the time. the b-side single version of crenshaw put out in 2000 would be totally out of place at atf but would fit on wp.that cant be a coincidence
well mascara had no screams and was maybe more mellow than crenshaw. i'm pretty sure it was recorded and finished with ATF, it's the last song they wrote. according to what Abe said about it in the booklet for bsides

jesusinabowlofdirt

yeah but im talking about the production,mascara got a heavier sound,which all atf songs have.

i think they wrote it like an aggro song in 97, played it live aggro in 98-99 and then released it as a soft version so it would fit the white pony era.

you think they wrote it soft in 97, played it aggro live in 98-99 and then released the soft version again.. very flip floppish. but hey, who knows