Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Buffalo/FInger of Death

Started by dictatesofreason, Dec 18, 2008, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

i think you got nearly beatin to death with snw as the background music. no other reason to hate a good album. it's your opinion though, no big deal

and the ezrin demos represent snw too, like lovers does ST. they left the best song of the ST sessions imo, lovers

Vesanic

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 25, 2010, 03:04 PM
i think you got nearly beatin to death with snw as the background music. no other reason to hate a good album. it's your opinion though, no big deal

it's your opinion though, no big deal

deftones86

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 02:50 PM
Don't know why there are these two so different working titles. What's the common point between a buffalo and the finger of death ?
Personally I like Finger Of Death as a title better. Buffalo is kind of a dumb name might as well call it Wombat. And i do like finger of death, i just like starting shit. its good entertainment for those boring days at work.

And its nice when some cocky asshole thinks they know everything, and then oh no you dont.
So Mister Dick taint of reason. you have failed now delete your account and start over. Maybe no one will know who you are.  But im sure your superior Deftones intelect will shine through and once again you will have to restart.  Good luck at failing at life for another 20 years  ;)

el perro

to me "Buffalo" reminds me of like early America, like the early settlers. Im sure i read in some interview that Chino felt Saturday Night Wrist had a historical part to it. In the booklet for the album there's that painting of a woman with a hooded figure by a lake. That's the vibe i get of the album.

Slacker

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 01:19 PM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 25, 2010, 01:11 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 12:49 PM
This is no exaggeration, but I think the verse riff for Finger of Death is my all time favourite riff. I just can't describe the feeling I get when I hear it. It's awesome. Plus it's fuckin' fun to play..

finally, some lovin. which the song deserves!

Indeed, it's one of their best and they know it.

If they never make it work, at least they loved it enough to play live and record. I don't see why it couldn't work or why it wouldn't be on Eros. They made You've Seen The Butcher work..

you better put that shit on youtube man, you're killing me!

Vesanic

Quote from: Slacker on Mar 25, 2010, 03:40 PM

What are you talking about ?

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 03:41 PM

What are you talking about ?

sub playing guitar i think

Vesanic

Subliminal

This is no exaggeration, but I think the verse riff for Finger of Death is my all time favourite riff. I just can't describe the feeling I get when I hear it. It's awesome. Plus it's fuckin' fun to play..

If they never make it work, at least they loved it enough to play live and record. I don't see why it couldn't work or why it wouldn't be on Eros. They made You've Seen The Butcher work..

What FOD? if you'd like to see it, I could do it man. My good friend is giving me his 7-string for my birthday man, I can't fuckin wait to bring it home. Gonna fire up some Rocket Skates, Royal and possibly You've Seen The Butcher covers.

defTHE1s

Bingo!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Inkblades

A true Deftones classic. Fuck anyone who disagrees.

Law

and the ezrin demos represent snw too, like lovers does ST. they left the best song of the ST sessions imo, lovers

I completely agree, lovers is a great track... sums up mid/new era deftones perfectly.

Nebontha

I rock the fuck out when I play this song and then the track after it from the Ezrin demo sessions, I call #8 "Finger of Death", and #9 "Buffalo" just because it fuckin feels right.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Slacker

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 05:30 PM

What FOD? if you'd like to see it, I could do it man. My good friend is giving me his 7-string for my birthday man, I can't fuckin wait to bring it home. Gonna fire up some Rocket Skates, Royal and possibly You've Seen The Butcher covers.

will be waiting for that shit. bring it.

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 27, 2010, 09:07 AM

word
Quote from: Law on Mar 27, 2010, 11:48 AM

I completely agree, lovers is a great track... sums up mid/new era deftones perfectly.

fuck yes, best bonus track on a deftones record (alongside damone) ever.

jesusinabowlofdirt

mods, can you sticky this thread pliiiiiis

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 27, 2010, 07:57 PM
mods, can you sticky this thread pliiiiiis

I sincerely tried to laugh but I just couldn't. :(

Subliminal

Quote from: Slacker on Mar 27, 2010, 06:34 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 25, 2010, 05:30 PM

will be waiting for that shit. bring it.

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 27, 2010, 09:07 AM

word
Quote from: Law on Mar 27, 2010, 11:48 AM

fuck yes, best bonus track on a deftones record (alongside damone) ever.

Got it, it's sounding fucking sweet man. You've Seen The Butcher may actually work! :)

But I'll definitely be doing Rocket Skates and Royal and I'll work on FOD,

Hidalgo

don't forget the solo/lead guitar business near 2:20 ish in royal, don't rhythm through that

Slacker

no matter how much time passes by, it always comes back...this song is that good. it is probably part of the cult to, pretty much like with melanie.

anyways, after years of not listening to it this gibberish is what i get from the live version:

...they'll
fear
gold...

dance on the park
crowned
with stars
i feel so fresh
...of all
with stars
i'll...

reign... reign

i
respect
the world
of fools
...in you

at list the...
friendly
fools

im free
im free
...free

(screams)

out
we choose
wich chance
the perfect night

an early
pause

now!
stay
...please stay
...please stay
only you.

Vesanic

The heavy part of that song with the screams is the definition of brutal awesomeness. The fact they never worked more on that song is a damn loss.