Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hd dvd

Started by Crazylegs, Dec 18, 2008, 10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

So, i bought myself the hd dvd addon for the 360 today. It cost me next to nothing. I've found quite a few cheap hd dvd's to go with it, but i want more. Does anyone know of any good cheap sites? I guess nationality isn't a problem, they're region free, no?

lithium

you know they've discontinued production on hd movies right?
💩

Crazylegs

Really? yeah i know.

bIondie

it was a smart buy. there's plenty of cheap hd dvd movies out there and the quality is pretty much right there with blu ray. not only that, but a lot of hd dvds contain way more extras than blu ray.

Crazylegs

yeah, i though i might aswell buy it now that it's dirt cheap and most of the flicks are too. Bluray is still to expensive.

lithium

will you be able to write your own media on hd dvds and play them on your xbox?
💩

White Pwny

We bought the HD DVD add on for the 360... because Blondie is right.   The quality of movies aren't really that different at all, and you can find TONS of movies cheap.   It is a good buy.       

We also have a PS3 that we watch Blu Ray's on...       And, I'd still rather buy cheaper HD movies than spend alot more on Blu Ray's.   

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

dictatesofreason

i have neither im guna stick woth regular old dvds and a projector that takes up one whole wall

lithium

but are they still making hd DVDs though?
💩

dictatesofreason

not anymore but the ones still out there are pretty cheap

ToneDef

Actually a good idea man. When I got some cash laying about I may look into doing the same.

Crazylegs

Check your pockets man, whatever you find is enough.

goldpony

i got an old betamax and laser disc player if you want those too :D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

dictatesofreason

anyone have a werking 8tack tape player??

Crazylegs

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 20, 2008, 01:34 AM
i got an old betamax and laser disc player if you want those too :D

i'll take the laser disc player if you want me to.

lithium

i dont get it, why would you want an obsolete piece of machinery, you'll eventually buy every single hd dvd ever made, and then what? it's like getting excited about buying a zune, or a tape player. or a 20 inch tv.
💩

White Pwny

Because the difference between Blu Ray and HD aren't that impressive... and the movies are alot cheaper!   Let's face it, alot of people LOVE alot of movies that are older.  So they can watch all their favorites for at least half the price!   HD's aren't shitty.. they just lost the war against Blu Ray.... and eventually Blu Ray will be obsolete and you will have to buy something else again...     Hell, you can buy a computer and months later.... they have ALOT better availiable.     

Also.. in my case I have kids.  I can buy them their favorite movies in HD.. and not worry so much with them handling them.. and using the HD DVD.   If it would happen to fuck up.. or break.. I can replace cheaply.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

ToneDef

The benefits seem blatently obvious tbh.

Crazylegs

yeah. and it's not like you have to choose either or. I'll buy a blu-ray player eventually, they're just too pricey at the moment.

dictatesofreason

i like the ps3 solution-cheapest bluray player and u have a great system