Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lostpilot's music (the Picturesque Episodes + KING SLEEP)

Started by lostpilot, Dec 22, 2008, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

How much of Endless Lullabies lacks to be recorded? It wouldbe a pity to leave this record. Even more now that the first movement is a standout on your discography. It's like your buffalo, your Eros.

lostpilot

Both movements II and III are not written or recorded yet because I rewrote a whole bunch of stuff and it got all messed up around.

New track.
As I said - beware, this album might not be what you expect.
A companion to Cosmogenesis.

http://soundcloud.com/the-picturesque-episodes/alive

bright lights, big city

Alive is good. At this rate you can probably start covering Godsmack and I would still like your music.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

It's still in demo shape, some mistakes etc. I think this song is the only one so amazingly "uplifting and cute" in the album. Other songs are mostly minimal becoming dream pop becoming ambient becoming techno. Experimental pop, lets say.

wither-I

strangely enough (but not so strangely) ALIVE and LIGHT might be my favourite stuff you put out.

do you listen to port royal??

i have a mad love and lust for them.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

LOVE Port Royal. I believe they're on the same label as Darius too.

My main question, however, is WHERE IS COSMOGENESIS?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

IT'S DONE.

Check out my masterpiece - COSMOGENESIS.
Cosmic-rock. For free or with support if you have a spare dollar, lol :)

http://thepicturesqueepisodes.bandcamp.com/releases

bright lights, big city

speak of the devil, haha.... later today is when I gots the time, I CANNOT wait!
DERP

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 15, 2011, 05:07 PM
speak of the devil, haha.... later today is when I gots the time, I CANNOT wait!

all I can say is that I love this album a lot.
Hope you like it too :)

Crazylegs

My favorite cover-art of yours so far. Bad ass.

lostpilot

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 15, 2011, 06:02 PM
My favorite cover-art of yours so far. Bad ass.

Nice! I've tried to imply the "this is a part of something much much bigger" feeling. Hope it worked.

So, upcoming works - GENESIS trilogy (Cosmogenesis, Technogenesis, Psychogenesis) and Endless Lullabies I.

Technogenesis to be released next Sunday, other two will have to wait a little :)

bright lights, big city

I don't know what to say, other than the music you're writing is just getting better and better. Amazing album. And the editing you did to the demos I heard were a vast improvement!
DERP

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 16, 2011, 07:00 AM
I don't know what to say, other than the music you're writing is just getting better and better. Amazing album. And the editing you did to the demos I heard were a vast improvement!

hehe, always nice to hear man! Right now I will be taking some unexpected turns (imo), towards electronic and acoustic experiments (Technogenesis Psychogenesis), but the "post-rock" vibe will definitely come back in the updated Endless Lullabies I (as been released as a demo sampler).

Soon, my friends, soon.

bright lights, big city

take your time, this will hold me over for quite some time.
DERP

lostpilot

always nice to hear that, Mark. :)

edit: it's weird. I almost reached your post count. I feel like "one of the SL guys" now. And I remember being just a boy here and not knowing what the fuck to talk about in a message board :) time flies

Crazylegs

Just purchased it. I didn't exactly splash out on it with a huge amount, i'm a student too. I request that you go buy an ice cream with it.

blixa

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
Just purchased it. I didn't exactly splash out on it with a huge amount, i'm a student too. I request that you go buy an ice cream with it.

i'm getting paid this week so i will shortly buy it too.

i really like the cover.

lostpilot

thanks guys! Every cent counts, not as an amount of money but as an intention to support other human being with your appreciation :)
so, much love - as always

Deftones-argentina

Thank you guys for supporting this music you believe in, even more with little (but really talented) artists like our buddy Darius.

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"