Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lostpilot's music (the Picturesque Episodes + KING SLEEP)

Started by lostpilot, Dec 22, 2008, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

damn. i downloaded it. but i can't open the folder, says it's invalid.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 19, 2010, 01:34 AM
damn. i downloaded it. but i can't open the folder, says it's invalid.

damn, a lot of people been getting that..
hrr. will email WOR about that

Deftones-argentina

I could hear the first song and Happiness is just a word. Truly amazing darius, you did it again. You have some magic attached when it comes to choosing the names for the songs, by the way.

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jan 19, 2010, 04:28 AM
I could hear the first song and Happiness is just a word. Truly amazing darius, you did it again. You have some magic attached when it comes to choosing the names for the songs, by the way.

thank you! I really love "writing"  titles, I guess you should love the upcoming Constellations' titles!

and there is quite a lot of "me" in the titles, for example - 'épisode I: Le Petit Prince' is about how I am "the Little Prince" in relationship with my brother (yes, those two talking children in the background are me and my brother), and the 'épisode II: L'essentiel Est Invisible' means that in my relationship with my brother we don't need no "materialism" to prove we love each other deeply. essential things are invisible:)

and I just love repeating themes (cause there are a lot of recurring themes in my dreams) for example, a low star which means a static "north" which does not ever change no matter what happens in life. if you're struck down in life, you can always look up to the sky - you will always see the low star, no matter where on the globe you are. Also, the bracket songs - as you could have noticed, all my albums contain one song, which title is in brackets - (stars), (universe), (intermission), (fiction), (sleep). I'm not sure why was I doing this, but I guess Constellations will ruin this "tradition".

Anyway, so much for me talking about my music..
I am REALLY glad you are enjoying this

edit: by the way, I found a poem which inspired me to create three songs dealing with "A Low Star"
don't be too hard on it, I'm not the mostly gifted writer/rhymer, and this was written some 3-4 years ago anyway

A LOW STAR

..ants digging up the ground
and down them do I slowly frown.
Swivel round six times,
and I'll lie open in the glance -

A star low and barely known
floating by the skyline,
painted red and blue -
inside my twisted spine vine.

Yet I watched the star
like a melody so sweet - to repeat - for a thousandth time,
relapse, relapse, relapse -
I watched.

Whether or not is this a dream,
swivel back six times
and I am back remembered
at the driest grounds.

Each and every rhyme,
swivel round six times
ants hidden down the glass..
the star has then escaped.

Deftones-argentina

You seem to have a deep admiration towards your brother, do your dreams often includes him? If I can remember well he lives far away from you, didn't he?

I liked the last two lines of the poem, by the way. Really misterious I must say.

Deftones-argentina

by the way, judging from the 10 tracks that the zip saved, Dreams III is my new favourite.

lostpilot

yes, me and my brother have indeed an amazingly strong bond, because he is living abroad for about five years now = major chunk of my life when I could use him being here with me. Anyway, I've got plans to move in with him after I finish my university, to live in one country - at least, you know :) Life has been grateful  to me by giving me that kind of a brother. And yes, I have a lot of dreams with him - obviously because I miss him A LOT.

lostpilot

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

lostpilot

I introduce to you the first track of my upcoming album,

Constellations

http://soundcloud.com/the-picturesque-episodes/constellations

Deftones-argentina

I downloaded and liked it, but I still like what I heard on dreams III better. It may be for the chord progression or the sound. Loved the role of the drumkit, though. Maybe with a second heard I'll understand the song better.

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 13, 2010, 03:42 PM
I downloaded and liked it, but I still like what I heard on dreams III better. It may be for the chord progression or the sound. Loved the role of the drumkit, though. Maybe with a second heard I'll understand the song better.

well, Dreams series and my other albums are, you know, two different sides of me as an artist - ambient and post-rock. Some people like dreams series more, some people like the instrumental albums more. To each his own :)

lostpilot

yet another new song from me, I'm quite excited about this one. Track number 8, 'Thirst'.

I noticed I keep getting noisier and noisier. I just love explosions in the music, I guess, lol.

http://soundcloud.com/the-picturesque-episodes/thirst

blixa

yeah, your music is aight! hahahaha where is your brother living anyway?

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 10, 2010, 08:32 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Feb 10, 2010, 08:17 PM
loving that cover :)

yeah, I absolutely love it!

who photographed it? it's beautiful.

lostpilot

my brother is living in Ireland.

the cover.. I am having a lot of problem with that. No matter how much do I love the picture, I think I will not be able to use it for the release cover. Because I have no idea whose it is. I was trying to go through with "not intended for profit, all rights belong to the respective authors", but the head of my label told me he will not be able to release the album if I do not get the permission.

And I have no leads on whose this picture is; just found it on a random myspace; the owner of that myspace told me he used this picture for years now and had no idea whose it is. sucks.

blixa

beautiful ireland!

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 23, 2010, 12:35 PM
my brother is living in Ireland.

the cover.. I am having a lot of problem with that. No matter how much do I love the picture, I think I will not be able to use it for the release cover. Because I have no idea whose it is. I was trying to go through with "not intended for profit, all rights belong to the respective authors", but the head of my label told me he will not be able to release the album if I do not get the permission.

And I have no leads on whose this picture is; just found it on a random myspace; the owner of that myspace told me he used this picture for years now and had no idea whose it is. sucks.

you can use it, i believe, as long as you say 'the following photo is a found image and all credit goes to the photographer who remains unknown' or something like that. you're not claiming ownership and as far as you are aware there isn't a copyright on the photo because it's being used and distributed on the internet. you're technically giving the photographer credit, you're just not naming them because you don't know who they are. use it, and if the photographer contacts you then you can give them credit on your next release. and perhaps you might even use another image of theirs. this is actually the only way you will know whose image it is.

beirut's zack condon had the same problem. he had found an image in a library book while he was in eastern europe and used it as the cover for gulag orkestar. it turned out to be a photo by the amazing sergey chilikov.

lostpilot

I actually found two of the artists that made this picture couple of hours ago. One of them had the original photo, stock photographer, the other one manipulated digitally with the picture to make the stars/atmosphere. So generally I contacted the second person (cause I am using kinda his work, stock rules etc), will be waiting for his reply.

I did mention that I am a non-profit artist and that the album will not be used for commercial purpose etc etc etc.
Hope it is all well and he will not ask thousands of dollars for the rights etc. Then I'll have to look for something else..

By the way, blixa, since your music taste is quite interesting, I'd suggest you try any of my Dreams series albums. It's ambient music, emotionally charged yet experimental.

I'd first try with II or III part. or I. well I don't know, they are quite different - while Dreams I is more abstract, Dreams II is somewhat more based on "structure", Dreams III is mostly minimalistic. Your choice :) I'd go with III or II

QuoteOWL-071 the Picturesque Episodes - Dreams III
The third installment of the Dreams project is the height of Darius Gerulis' work as the Picturesque Episodes. Continuing the themes of its prequels, the album is warmly ambient with myriad sparkling artifacts and textures that keep the listener engaged. The crumpled guitar textures in the third track, épisode I: Le Petit Prince are vaguely reminiscent of Steven R. Smith, however the evolution of the piece is highly unique and exhibits profound evidence of Gerulis' strength as a composer. Dreams III leaves behind an astounding expectation of things to come. This is not a release to be missed.
http://wor.raptorhideout.com/owl71.zip

OWL-053 the Picturesque Episodes - Dreams II
The second installment in the Picturesque Episodes' Dreams series features twelve tracks of remarkably soothing ambiance with titles such as "March of the Moths" and "I Keep Dreaming Places I've Never Been." A wonderful follow-up to the fantastic Dreams.
http://wor.raptorhideout.com/owl53.zip

OWL-050 the Picturesque Episodes - Dreams
Gorgeous organic ambiance. Go to the park on the sunniest day this summer and take a nap in the grass with these sounds piping through your headphones. Trust me.
http://wor.raptorhideout.com/owl50.zip

blixa

hope they say yes! the image works perfectly. you should still email the photographer because it is more his image than anyone elses. he is the producer of the image. i studied this for a whole semester. email the photographer.

you're so fucking adorable, man. i'm going to download the dream series. i'm sure i'll love it.

lostpilot

I think I will probably email him too.
Just to make sure. I don't want a lawsuit on my hands or something.
Hope you will enjoy the musical form of my thoughts and dreams. :)