Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

lostpilot's music (the Picturesque Episodes + KING SLEEP)

Started by lostpilot, Dec 22, 2008, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 03, 2010, 05:32 PM
can't fucking wait to hear the whole album

these are the demos of the first tracks anyway, basically there will be some more vocals, cleasing, mix and mastering changes etc, but structurally and emotionally - that's what is here.

some other tracks will be quite different altogether.

01. the Endless Blooms
02. the Majestic Eternal Night
03. the Still Silent Years (Hydrocodone)
04. the Darkest Swan
05. the Ghosts (死霊)
06. the Time Addict's Looking Glass
07. the Sadness Within the Rose
08. the Pilot (Has Been Utterly Changed into Fire)
09. the High Star
10. the End (Floating in Space Endlessly)

basically, tracks 4, 5 and 10 will contain something I have never done before. I am looking forward to completing all of this, but the release date is pushed back towards late autumn or even winter.. :)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 03, 2010, 07:04 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 03, 2010, 05:32 PM
can't fucking wait to hear the whole album

these are the demos of the first tracks anyway, basically there will be some more vocals, cleasing, mix and mastering changes etc, but structurally and emotionally - that's what is here.

some other tracks will be quite different altogether.

01. the Endless Blooms
02. the Majestic Eternal Night
03. the Still Silent Years (Hydrocodone)
04. the Darkest Swan
05. the Ghosts (死霊)
06. the Time Addict's Looking Glass
07. the Sadness Within the Rose
08. the Pilot (Has Been Utterly Changed into Fire)
09. the High Star
10. the End (Floating in Space Endlessly)

basically, tracks 4, 5 and 10 will contain something I have never done before. I am looking forward to completing all of this, but the release date is pushed back towards late autumn or even winter.. :)
whaaaaa?!??! early winter?? don't give me that smiley face when you bring bad news! haha
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

lostpilot

raynor

wow heavy shit man. but a very nice dedication of course.

by the way, check out the site bandcamp, pretty nice site where you could put all your releases (if you havn't have one already that is).

lostpilot

I already use bandcamp :)

nice that you have some interesting thoughts about my sounds :)
the album will be late for a week, I know it destroys the date, but I just did not have enough time.

Inkblades

Dope song. The piano part is really nice.

bright lights, big city

really looking forward to hearing it....
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

well, this album is gonna be different from anything else I've done. I don't even have a genre for this..

and of course, thank you for your good thoughts :)

lostpilot

since you're all my buddies, you get to taste the album before the release.
this is the late demo, some things will still be improved, but I am pretty much satisfied with this abstract-ish album.

The album contains an overdose story musically.
The alternative ending.. well, if you are human you may get the idea which ending is more positive and which ending is more.. negative?

The albums blueprint:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e6ookh7gwpn4wnv

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

bright lights, big city

my first thoughts are to not really call it drone. in my opinion it's kind of more ambient or maybe even post-rock-ish. mostly because it's more interesting than the normal drone i hear.

but i'm definitely digging this a lot :)
DERP

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 02, 2010, 05:13 AM
my first thoughts are to not really call it drone. in my opinion it's kind of more ambient or maybe even post-rock-ish. mostly because it's more interesting than the normal drone i hear.

but i'm definitely digging this a lot :)

well, it depends I guess. I don't really want to genre-label this album at all, because it's just different from anything I've done so far :)

Quote from: wither-I on Nov 02, 2010, 06:25 AM
Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 02, 2010, 02:19 AM
just noise, mi amigo, noise

of the most handsome sort

love

Nailec

the facebook- postrock group just linked to a song of you. awesome :D

are you involved in this group?

lostpilot

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 03, 2010, 12:57 AM
the facebook- postrock group just linked to a song of you. awesome :D

are you involved in this group?

I don't think I am :o

lostpilot

note: tracks 8, 9 and 10 are additional conceptual material (it's a darker and heavier ending of the story in the album, call it an alternative ending).

sing blue silver

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 07, 2010, 10:39 PM

note: tracks 8, 9 and 10 are additional conceptual material (it's a darker and heavier ending of the story in the album, call it an alternative ending).

downloading now. i can't imagine your stuff being overly dark but it seems more up my alley. either way i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Deftones-argentina

Darius, just wanted to say that this album is my favourite from you among dreams III. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Silk spaceport has a really focused and solid identity. Loved the first track, in fact it's the first song I listened to when I was informed that my brother was going to be  father and captured that feeling of early christmas really well for me.
     Fella, I'd love you to collaborate on a track of my band's LP. It's a piece similar to Thrice's Nightdiving and your atmospherics should mesh well with the rest. As soon as I have a demo i'm sending it to you.