Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

DJ SHADOW

Started by E-Money, Dec 25, 2008, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Sorry if there is already a thread about this guy.  I searched for it and couldn't find anything... But anyways what are your thoughts on this guy.  Personally he is my new favorite artist.  I know he's been around for a while but I just recently discovered him.  I think he's a genius.  The sounds he brings together are mind blowing.  If u dont know much about him check out his shit.  Its dope.  Entroducing...is a fantastic album!!! 

This is probably my fav song by him.  Great live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAZVoXzEoDM&feature=related

ToneDef

Yeah I got Entroducing kicking about somewhere. Some vinyls too. Guy's a genius which kinda goes without saying. Check out UNKLE if you haven't already.

E-Money

Deftones-argentina

I've heard the job he did reworking the Dave gahan's song Love will leave, and must say that it's tons better than the original. Credits to him. Will research more about him later.

TheWatcher

heythatswickedcool!!

you just got endtroducing , i haven't listened  2 that a long time - I like the "midnight " cut

Fireal1222

endtroducing is one of my all time favorite albums.. i was just playing it on a smoke ride for my friends last night during our poker intermission

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

died20times

i got Entroducing and Preemptive Strike..both are classic. Organ Donor will never get old to my ears, haha.

you should check out the already mentioned UNKLE and PSY/OPsogist

Sushi-X

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Dec 28, 2008, 02:54 AM
I've heard the job he did reworking the Dave gahan's song Love will leave, and must say that it's tons better than the original. Credits to him. Will research more about him later.

Hey do you happen to have a file of that or know where I can get it?

Rocket Skates '94

garydouglas

changeling  /  transmission 1        is       amazing

E-Money

Quote from: garydouglas on Apr 14, 2010, 03:50 AM
changeling  /  transmission 1        is       amazing

indeed it is.  the whole album is incredible.  cant wait for some new shadow. 

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

_Fireal_

Love him and UNKLE very much.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 07:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

Fireal1222

i just listened to "the private press" for the first time, and i must say, its incredible.. i dont know if it is quite on the level of endtroducing, but its damn sure close

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

epistaxis

Entroducing...great album, played it a lot. I still remember when I first heard 'Midnight in a Perfect World'.
I'm glad I eventually bought it on vinyl.

Sushi-X

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/07/07/check-out-new-dj-shadow-track-def-surrounds-us/

here ya go crew, new DJ shadow track. I was trying to get an mp3 for ya'll. but the radio dj pops in at the while the track is playing

Rocket Skates '94

jamie

love the shadow! utterly timeless! :)

Mascara Snake

Saw him 2 weeks ago and he was fucking amazing, really wasnt expecting him to be that good!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Fireal1222

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Jul 13, 2010, 07:29 PM
Saw him 2 weeks ago and he was fucking amazing, really wasnt expecting him to be that good!

is he releasing new music??????????

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Sushi-X

Yeah. Sometime early next year his album is coming out

Rocket Skates '94