Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Stiring the pot of 'Extra Terrestrial' debate.

Started by Jizzlobber, Dec 09, 2008, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devlin

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Dec 22, 2008, 10:19 AM
Quote from: devlin on Dec 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
i am more or less waiting for proof to show whether or not its out there. which may not happen for 50 years after i die.

My theory, is that the people who possess actual hard proof...will only divulge it on an absolute "need to know" basis.

If we dont really need to know..it stays covered..if they possess information that could help us when we NEED to know..they will probably reveal a lot

that doesn't make sense. why would "they" be covering up what would probably go down as the greatest scientific discovery of all time? i can't think of any motive for a cover up. and short of "mars attacks" coming true what would qualify as need to know?

dictatesofreason

Variable

Wana know how I know this is fake?  On the materials listed for the link artifact. " Bismuth" Thats pepto Bismol you suckas.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: devlin on Dec 22, 2008, 02:07 PM
i am more or less waiting for proof to show whether or not its out there. which may not happen for 50 years after i die.

My theory, is that the people who possess actual hard proof...will only divulge it on an absolute "need to know" basis.

If we dont really need to know..it stays covered..if they possess information that could help us when we NEED to know..they will probably reveal a lot

that doesn't make sense. why would "they" be covering up what would probably go down as the greatest scientific discovery of all time? i can't think of any motive for a cover up. and short of "mars attacks" coming true what would qualify as need to know?

Well there isnt any one single motive...its collective motives...the reason why i say that is because of all the religious debaucle that might go down, and then there's re-evaluating the education system , like how do you include the greatest scientific discovery of all time into educational syllabus' in a way that doesnt contradict the current  theories and explanations. How do you expalin what type of life exists outside earths atmosphere..you cant really coz we dont know what anything that exists off earth is called..

Sometimes, things are just better kept to yourself until you know exactly how to present what you know without confusing religious systems and scientific communities and such. its just my opinion man.

IF there is absolute hard proof in a file cabinet somewhere, i think the higher powers dont think we need to know about it, if THEY know about it, its fine, but any type of revelation about alien life will have major consequences..just consider the chain of events from that point on...things will become fucked up
<

devlin

i don't see it having any negative effects on the education system. its just one more thing to teach "we used to think this, and know we know that". and i would have agreed with the religious aspect a while ago but don't worry the church has already begun their back peddling just in case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-566580/Heavens-God-created-life-planets-says-Vatican.html

lostpilot

I hate Vatican.
I hate Christianity.
I hate every religion that frames belief into a form of money, control and food for masses.

All they tell you is a lie.
Make up your own beliefs.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

sharingbuns

fucking stargazers
why don't you focus on something in the real world
like getting a job at wendys and saving for seven months for the new world of war expansion
or eating my asshole with mustard and relish
Quote from: goldpony on Nov 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
how do know when its ok to piitb? and should you ask first?

bright lights, big city

you mean the world of warcraft expansion?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jizzlobber

Quote from: sharingbuns on Dec 31, 2008, 04:04 AM
fucking stargazers
why don't you focus on something in the real world
like getting a job at wendys and saving for seven months for the new world of war expansion
or eating my asshole with mustard and relish

if you're gonna try make a point of mocking people, do it correctly.
<

downtownpony

Dr. Steven Greer made me believe. I listened to one of his radio interviews than read his book. Its really good. I think u can pay like a thousand dollars to take a trip with him and a group of people, and go to the a desert in Arizona and experience some first hand e.t. sightings, or even communication.

devlin

give me a thousand bucks and i can take you out into the desert and "say sorry folks i guess they were feeling a bit shy today. you can give me more money and come out tomorrow, maybe they'll be more talkative then"

tarkil

Quote from: downtownpony on Dec 31, 2008, 07:46 PM
u can pay like a thousand dollars to take a trip with him and a group of people, and go to the a desert in Arizona and experience some first hand e.t. sightings, or even communication.

lolz

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nebontha

Maybe the only reason we're still alive and relatively sane is because some higher ups are withholding information that could potentially bring about destructive chaos.  Think about it.  Why else would Area 51 workers be so sketchy about the alien ship/bodies they found?  To this day they still deny what happened.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

downtownpony

Iv been to Roswell before. That place is seriously lame.

Variable

Quote from: tarkil on Jan 01, 2009, 07:13 AM
Quote from: downtownpony on Dec 31, 2008, 07:46 PM
u can pay like a thousand dollars to take a trip with him and a group of people, and go to the a desert in Arizona and experience some first hand e.t. sightings, or even communication.

lolz
yeah exactly I was almost thinking about taking some of this serious until I saw that.

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Dec 23, 2008, 10:14 AM
Quote from: devlin on Dec 22, 2008, 02:07 PM

Well there isnt any one single motive...its collective motives...the reason why i say that is because of all the religious debaucle that might go down, and then there's re-evaluating the education system , like how do you include the greatest scientific discovery of all time into educational syllabus' in a way that doesnt contradict the current  theories and explanations. How do you expalin what type of life exists outside earths atmosphere..you cant really coz we dont know what anything that exists off earth is called..

Sometimes, things are just better kept to yourself until you know exactly how to present what you know without confusing religious systems and scientific communities and such. its just my opinion man.

IF there is absolute hard proof in a file cabinet somewhere, i think the higher powers dont think we need to know about it, if THEY know about it, its fine, but any type of revelation about alien life will have major consequences..just consider the chain of events from that point on...things will become fucked up
I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you here.  I don't think any of those are good motives.  Humans have made a told of scientific discoveries that totally changed the way we think about liife.  It never caused mass chaos before.  The world being flat, the sun circulating around the earth, spontaneous generation ect ect.  All old beliefs that were proven wrong.  I don't think it ruined any civilizations or anything. 

and as far as the religious aspects go?  Not even.  It is just one more thing to spin.  One of the things about most of the major world religions today is that they are all faith based. If something can't be explained, you just have to have faith.  If you start to doubt, your faith is being tested.  Will you pass the test?  It is a very powerful circle of thinking that they bring you into.  UFOs would not rock it.
Quote from: downtownpony on Jan 02, 2009, 07:12 AM
Iv been to Roswell before. That place is seriously lame.
I lived in Roswell for a year when I went to New Mexico Military Institute.  Roswell if for sure lame as fuck.  The UFO museum was pretty dam disappointing too.  But If for some reason any of you make it that way and stop buy the UFO museum.  It is A LOT cooler if you actually pull some of the people who work there aside and ask questions.  These people are die hards, and they have a ton of knowledge.  It's pretty interesting.

downtownpony

good advice. I never plan on willingly going there again though. Those kinds of places are really depressing to me. The whole city reminded me of a Goodwill store.

Variable

Yeah Roswell, NM is no place to purposely go to.  I lived in Albuquerque, NM and got bored and sent myself to military school.  Thats the only reason I was there.