Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Russian Circles

Started by whodunit?, Dec 31, 2008, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

Russian Circles are becoming the new ISIS.

An bád dubh

I remember how I checked out this band a couple of years ago or something. Got Enter and I remember that the first song was pretty alright and was eager to hear the rest. But I also remember that all the songs on the album sounded the same. So I havent listened to it ever since.

I'll check them out again some of these days, I hope I was wrong about them back then as everyone here seems to enjoy them now.

wither-I

Quote from: black coffee on Oct 04, 2009, 01:21 PM
the vocals just ruin isis. horrible

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

hahaha

Isis>>>>> Russian Circles

easillllllllllly but of course just my opinion. 

wither-I

shit vocals RUIN good music. its a small travesty actually

ben

honestly, I love Isis' vocals, screaming and singing.  It really adds atmosphere to their music and the lyrics are insanely fascinating...along with the concepts of each album.

theis

I can definitely understand why Isis' vocals would ruin it for some. I love them, though.

wither-I

3+ years ago i would have no problem with it. but im just not into the screaming any more. there is still some hard yelling and screaming i can deal with but in a miniscule amount...

An bád dubh

I checked out Geneva. Had the same reaction when I checked these guys out 2 years ago. The album just seemed to drag on, some good points here and there, but very little. I will check these guys again after a couple of more years. I wish I would enjoy them but sadly I do not.

theis

man, i've pretty much been listening to station and geneva nonstop for the last couple of days.

ben

Between These Arms Are Snakes and Russian Circles (AND his previous band , the influential Botch) I think it's safe to say that Brian Cook is a master of many genres.

_Fireal_

Quote from: ben on Oct 08, 2009, 03:01 AM
Between These Arms Are Snakes and Russian Circles (AND his previous band , the influential Botch) I think it's safe to say that Brian Cook is a master of many genres.

Woah he was in Botch?  He's even more amazing than I thought.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

ben

_Fireal_

Nice review.  I got annoyed with the constant use of "The Circles" though.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

theis

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

black coffee

Quote from: black coffee on Oct 04, 2009, 01:21 PM

That didn't quite happen, I got to admit. They were on a good way, but then ISIS came back with Wavering Radiant and people were all over it. If I was asked which is the most hyped band on this board in 2010 ( except anything including deftones members ), I'd definitely say ISIS. Big time. In bold font and with tons of exclamation marks. And I'm not saying they're not great, which they are, but it kind of proves to me, too many bands get the recognition they deserve by disbanding and not a second earlier.

theis

Eh, I dunno.

Isis has always gotten a lot of recognition for the stuff they did. When people say "post-metal", Isis is pretty much the first thing that comes to mind...for the most part. They've always been a people favorite on this board. Not just in 2010. When a beloved band is breaking up it's bound to get people talking more about the band than usual.

Anyways, a new Russian Circles would be nice!

ben

Russian Circles doesn't have a singer.  They don't even really sound like Isis.  Therefore, ........