Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Animal Collective

Started by raynor, Jan 07, 2009, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raynor

So what do y'all think of MPP? Can't say I'm THAT convinced yet. Kinda growing though...

died20times

i just got it last night. it's not bad..

ben

You guys need to check out every album these guys have put out, + Panda Bear's albums.

I just put on MPP after about 4 months (because I played it out so much) and although not my favorite AC album it's the most accessible .

raynor

Merriweather is great, no question. I havn't heard anything prior too Sung Tongs, a shame. I have a feeling the further back you go, the more experimental it gets.

ben

That's mostly true, except for the first album (Spirt Can Dance ...which is technically by Avey Tare and Panda Bear, not AC) which is actually as straightforward as they would get until Sung Tongs.

Here Comes The Indian is a wonderful mindfuck.

raynor

haha nice, downloading that one right now.

ben

Here Comes The Indian?  Smoke weed first.

ben

seriously, all of you are missing out.  theis, check it out.

decapod

Merriweather is AMAZING.

raynor

Everyone is always hyping MPP and saying how much they love Feels. No one ever gives credit to Strawberry Jam though, that's their best album by far in my opinion. Every song on that one is a hit. Their other albums has it's moments too, but there's always songs in between that work more as fillers than actual songs for me.

There's suppose to be this new song that they play live, that was suppose to be on MPP but never made it since they sampled someone whom I can't remember now. Haha, anyway I think I'll be on an upcoming EP though. Help me out here, my memorys bad.

But yeah, check this band out, it's really not just a hype. Maybe MPP though.

SorrowToSerenity

I love "Who Could Win a Rabbit?" and "We Tigers".

I've heard MPP on other people's iPods and it's good background music.

Paint Your Lips

Amazing band, and i'm very pleased that they've just released their first albums on vinyl.

Could anybody help me out with finding their: "Merriweather Post Pavilion"? I've found a lot of fakes on the web from blogspot blogs and such ! Hope you can help me out !

ben

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=578151a106f7bdee91b20cc0d07ba4d220b4f454c18c7afd has all of their essential albums and MPP is in great quality. 

my top three albums this year:

MPP
Lotus Plaza- Floodlight Collective
Wavves- Wavvves

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: ben on Sep 30, 2009, 07:46 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=578151a106f7bdee91b20cc0d07ba4d220b4f454c18c7afd has all of their essential albums and MPP is in great quality. 
I've never loved an internet user as much as I love you right now !

theis

Quote from: ben on Sep 30, 2009, 07:46 PM
my top three albums this year:

MPP
Lotus Plaza- Floodlight Collective
Wavves- Wavvves

I thought Wavering Radiant was your favorite album this year?

ben

Those three overtook it.  Wavering Radiant is four though.  four...for now! haha it could change..my music tastes switch every day, I think I have OCD.

theis

raynor

The new Fall be kind EP is so damn good, man I've really fallen in love with this silly band.

E-Money

Love this band.  But I have to be high when listening to them. 

lostpilot

oh boy these boys are good.
MPP is very much awesome