Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Animal Collective

Started by raynor, Jan 07, 2009, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raynor

Haha I love how sold lostpilot have gotten on the collective!

Ps. English lessons for a foreigner. Is it has or have?

theis

Quote from: raynor on Aug 20, 2010, 03:39 PM
Ps. English lessons for a foreigner. Is it has or have?

Singular: Has
Plural: Have

bright lights, big city

Theis knows Engrish better than a lot of Americans.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

Fall Be Kind Ep is mind blowing amazing. 

lostpilot

I can't find the post where someone recommended me Deerhunter (after I mentioned I liked AC), and yes, it is a nice listen! Very weird, but very rewarding.

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 20, 2010, 05:14 PM

Thanks, man

I was seriously born in the wrong country. I prefer to speak English than Danish, haha.

lostpilot

Quote from: theis on Aug 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 20, 2010, 05:14 PM

Thanks, man

I was seriously born in the wrong country. I prefer to speak English than Danish, haha.

I know what you mean. Me and some of my friends usually talk in english (lithuanian is limited sometimes, when it comes to expressions)

raynor

Animal Collective - Live @ The Gargoyle (2007-09-24)

loving this show. before strawberry jam was released they were already blasting merriweather-material. also, listen to that who can win a rabbit-rework. totally rad!

lostpilot

I kinda dislike their latest live shows.. the song don't really sound that good, but I'll check this latorz

ben

I completely burned myself out on Animal Collective.  I can't even listen to them anymore without getting irritated/bored.

theis

I don't get this music. I simply don't. It's like the epitome of hipster music.

lostpilot

I can see some serious business emerging right here

raynor

Well, for the most part they're quite terrible live, yes. To much "heys" and "ooohohhs". But that rework is hella yummy.

ben: a shame.

theis: have you heard an album?

Here's an Fall Be Kind-era live, can't remember if I've already posted this or not:
http://bigasslens.com/home/2009/8/19/videos-of-animal-collective-prospect-park.html

That's really the best one I've seen with them.

ben

Why don't you listen to Local Natives or something, they sound like AC but are much better in my opinion.

raynor

never heard em, but alright

There Will Be Blood

theis

Quote from: raynor on Sep 27, 2010, 06:56 PM

Downloaded their discography to find out what the fuzz was about. Couldn't get through a single one of their albums.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: ben on Sep 27, 2010, 08:28 PM
Why don't you listen to Local Natives or something, they sound like AC but are much better in my opinion.
not sure if I would go that far, but they really should be checked out by more people here.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

Quote from: theis on Sep 28, 2010, 12:22 AM
Quote from: raynor on Sep 27, 2010, 06:56 PM

Downloaded their discography to find out what the fuzz was about. Couldn't get through a single one of their albums.

Give them another chance man!  I also used to hate them but kept playing their shit and one day it hit me.  They truly are spectacular, but I have to be in the right mood to listen to them. Merriweather Post is one of the most incredible albums ever created IMO.  But its definitely not everyday listening.   I also really enjoyed them when I saw them live.  They can't recreate their music exactly, but they do a pretty legit job.  But I do understand that their music isn't for everyone....

Panda Bear is also great!  Hopefully I'll be seeing them when their new album comes out later this year. 

raynor

Last year they released ODDSAC, Avey Tare released a solo album and Panda Bears Tomboy just came out. They started rehearsing again in January and played their first show couple of days ago where they play 10 new songs. Fuck I love this awesome band.