Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Animal Collective

Started by raynor, Jan 07, 2009, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: raynor on Apr 13, 2011, 07:00 PM
... and played their first show couple of days ago where they play 10 new songs. Fuck I love this awesome band.
Seriously?!! Ten new songs? They just released a 4 song EP, where they all did one song each. It's called "Keep".

This band is awesome.

lostpilot

I am  really enjoying Tomboy. Standouts - Tomboy, Drone, Alsatian Darn, Afterburner
opinions?

raynor

Yeah I think it' pretty great. I constantly find myself humming stuff from it. I dig schererereazzzsaade, it's so raw. I also think sonic boom did a great job improving the tracks that were already released as singles.

lostpilot

I really like what he has done with Drone. You just want to float in that sound..
Also, the techno-like ending of Afterburner.
Grooves in Tomboy.. basically, a good job :)

raynor

Haha, when I saw Panda last summer he opened with Drone and I had told all my friends that he was pretty great. They weren't to convinced and left pretty much after that song. Actually seeing that song live was cool though, that deep note that comes after the first 30 seconds of just that single note was like a strike to the chest. But I don't really think it's such a good song, fun idea though.

Anyway, heard the new songs lostpilot? Has potential. I had told myself not to listen to them, but now I'm seeing them in Berlin next month, so I think I'm gonna try getting into them.

lostpilot

I don't want to listen. I want to wait out for the album and just listen to the album instead. Because hearing songs live for me is completely different than hearing them in the album with some crazy mix/mastering and audio quality. So I shall wait :)

raynor

Yeah I know, I shall just listen to them once or twice, then see them live.

lostpilot

I wonder when the album will be out. I would enjoy something new by them quite soon, hehe.

raynor

Probably late this year, or early next maybe.