Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Judd Apatow = genius

Started by bright lights, big city, Jan 10, 2009, 04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

the guy is fucking awesome. most of his movies are probably universally loved, at least around here. truly the master of the R-rated comedy.

he was a part of 5 movies in '08:
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (hilarious)
Drillbit Taylor (kind of a turd honestly)
Zohan (made Sandler funny again)
Step Brothers (had some good moments)
Pineapple Express (mega sweet)

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

i agree, he's great.

also created two of the best shows ever; Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared.

Knocked Up is in my top 5 favorite comedies ever.

also, cant wait for his new flick:

weird, i created an Apatow thread about 6 months ago... somehow it just disappeard. hehe.

bright lights, big city

did it really? wtf

but yeah Funny People looks good. and Seth Rogen's Observe and Report looks hilarious. Apatow's got his hands in another 4 or 5 movies in 09
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

forgetting sarah marshall and step brothers were the only two i liked from him this year.

Shaye

Quote from: devlin on Jan 10, 2009, 09:23 PM
forgetting sarah marshall and step brothers were the only two i liked from him this year.

Those were great!

defskull

Don't forget Heavyweights.

died20times

he did Heavyweights? oh man, that shit is classic.

theis

judd apatow rankings (directed/produced):

knocked up
pineapple express
the 40 year old virgin
anchorman
walk hard: the dewey cox story
talladega nights: the ballad of ricky bobby
the cable guy
superbad
forgetting sarah marshall

kicking & screaming

let me point out that all of those movies are great (except kicking & screaming). i just love some more than others.

waiting for 'step brothers' to arrive in the mail.

'walk hard' is so underrated. i loved that flick.

goldpony

i would put the cable gut higher and exclude sarah marshall, i was so bored by that flick. it had its moments, but mostly fell flat for me
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

wither-I

anchorman, the cable guy, and step brothers are good all the others are utterly mediocre. i just think  its raunch comedy with a bunch of profanity, which does not register as genius to me.. but still some goood moments

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

Zohan was fucking hilarious. maybe it was because i was drinking, but it was so stupid I laughed my ass off.
DERP

defskull

Quote from: wither-I on Feb 02, 2009, 09:42 PM
anchorman, the cable guy, and step brothers are good all the others are utterly mediocre. i just think  its raunch comedy with a bunch of profanity, which does not register as genius to me.. but still some goood moments

Ehh I don't know.  There are many raunchy movies with a bunch of profanity.  It takes a lot to make said movie really enjoyable and even fleshed out characters.

theis

watched Step Brothers yesterday. hilarious!

Ferrell and Reilly is a such a great team.

"I'm going to take a pillowcase and fill it full of bars of soap and beat the shit out of you!"

bright lights, big city

The liked I LOVE CRYSTAL METH t-shirt
DERP

theis

haha yeah that was great.

also, the scenes where they sleepwalk...oh my god, i was in tears. especially when they dragged the christmas tree into the bedroom. hahaha!

bright lights, big city

DERP

theis

damn, this wasn't what i expected. looks surprisingly dark and serious.

like "Taxi Driver" with a comedy twist, haha.

lithium

the world needs a fucking hero

awesome, cant wait.
💩

defskull

Definitely not a Judd Apatow movie.  Apatow is not the same as Rogen, FYI.

theis

Funny People trailer!!!

http://www.funnypeoplemovie.com/

Wow, this looks fantastic. A lot more serious than '40 Year Old Virgin' and 'Knocked Up'.

Can't wait.