Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Judd Apatow = genius

Started by bright lights, big city, Jan 10, 2009, 06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Feb 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
Funny People trailer!!!

http://www.funnypeoplemovie.com/

Wow, this looks fantastic. A lot more serious than '40 Year Old Virgin' and 'Knocked Up'.

Can't wait.
well the good thing about the ones he actually directs is that we know they will be amazing. definitely cannot wait for it
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

for sure!

and dayum, Rogen lost some weight.

bright lights, big city

yeah he even looks pretty skinny for the Observe & Report movie
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

yeah, i read that he's losing weight for his role as the Green Hornet. haha, that's going to be awesome.

lithium

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/02/judd-apatow-producing-ghostbusters-3/
QuoteProduction Weekly is reporting that Ghostbusters 3 is now officially being produced by Judd Apatow Productions. No big shock here, considering the initial rumors had most of the Apatow players cast as the film's new Ghostbusters.Last we heard, Dan Aykroyd said that Office scribes Lee Eisenberg and Greg Stupnitsky started working on the script this Summer and that they were aiming for a Fall 2009 production start. However, we've gotten no official word if the screenplay drafts that have been handed in thus far are worthy of a greenlight from the studio.
💩

theis

Hahahahahahaha!

Funny dudes.

theis

Crazylegs

lol^2 at those pictures.

bright lights, big city

haha this is going to be greatness
DERP

defskull

http://www.george-simmons.com/index.php

This is a great site.  It's the website of Adam Sandler's character from Funny People

theis

Anyone seen Funny People yet? How is it?

bright lights, big city

It was another very good movie. Kind of the typical Apatow fare, but with more drama. It was a pretty long movie, though, especially for a comedy. Once again, Jonah Hill was a scene-stealer, and I also thought that it was easily the best thing Sandler's been in since maybe Punch-Drunk Love.

I recommend seeing it, but I'm still undecided as to whether Funny People is better than Knocked Up.
DERP

theis

cool. i'm really looking forward to seeing it. gotta wait a month before it's released here though. sucks!

nonesuch

apatow has made some hilarious movies (Anchorman, knocked up, superbad, virgin, cable guy (didn't know he was a part of this one,  def his best work if so),  but some stinkers as well (Pineapple Express (I dont care what anyone else says, this movie SUCKED, it was horrible, i was smoking pot the whole time i watched it and never so much as raised a grin, hated it), walk hard wasnt very good, zohan is possibly the worst, unfunniest movies ive ever seen, about 20 min into a deleted it and considered suicide bombing the studio where it was produced,  and the rest are just alright

although i do give him alot of credit for working so hard and pushing out a continuous flow of material
i drink your milkshake

theis

Zohan is terrible, but Pineapple Express and Walk Hard are fucking hilarious.

bright lights, big city

Theis is right. Plus, I would even put Cable Guy (even though it's one of the best Carrey movies) in the lower echelon of Apatow movies, honestly.

Pineapple Express is a weird one though. Must be a love it or hate it thing. Personally, I laughed my ass off and I wasn't under the influence of anything. A lot of my friends enjoyed it too, but some other people I know, and seemingly a fair amount of people on this board, absolutely hated it and thought it was way too long.
DERP

feeling like more

he came into my work last week. he's a cock

theis

QuoteUniversal Pictures has signed Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann to star in the Untitled Judd Apatow Project.

The film will feature an original story with characters created by Rudd and Mann in Knocked Up.

Apatow is writing, directing and producing the June 1, 2012 release, produced by Barry Mendel and Clayton Townsend. Universal's Vice President of Production, Erik Baiers, will oversee the project for the studio.

Filming is scheduled for this summer in Los Angeles.

AWESOME. Paul Rudd's character was easily my favorite in Knocked Up.

bright lights, big city

YES, that's good news. sort of on topic, today I heard that a sequel to Pineapple Express is being written by Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 11, 2011, 12:26 AM
I heard that a sequel to Pineapple Express is being written by Rogen and Evan Goldberg.

Sequel? YES! That's fantastic.