Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

So, it's some kind of tradition post here after break-up

Started by Zevaka, Jan 11, 2009, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jan 21, 2009, 09:53 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Jan 21, 2009, 08:44 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Jan 21, 2009, 12:14 AM
thx god the girl i was saying is not like those... she's 16 now, but she IS pretty mature (prob more than me when i was that age! fuck...)

don't be too sure. wait until she's 17. I have a friend who was homeless at age 15, started working and got her own place at age 16 and starting hanging out with people several years older. she's one of the most mature people for her age, if not THE most mature, I've ever met. but she's a total slut.
ok... i'll wait to see what happens... (she's only a friend by now, but i want her)... i'll take that advise then...

don't get me wrong dude, I'm not trying to put you off or anything. if you want her, then go get her. I'm just speaking out of experience when I'm saying that you're not mature when you're 16 years old. some people have got their shit together at that age and stay that way, but for most people that's the age when things really start happening and get wild. especially for girls.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

defTHE1s

yeah, i got it! that's why i take your advise to keep in mind... i know that most (if not all) people at 16 is immature...
it's just the impression i have over her... thanx 4 the words... some experiences will help..

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Variable

Ill fucking say it.  If you're 16, get the fuck over yourself.  You are not going to find love.  Fuck, you haven't even figured out how to dress properly.  Why the fuck someone would think that after 16 years in of life, that they have grown enough to achieve what 99% of adults are looking intensely for, is beyond me.  You are going to change SO much in the next decade, or two, that its not even worth messing around with.  This just comes down to risk VS benefit.  You are risking being one of the 1 or 2 % that actually meets their love you age compared to the large majority that meet them much later in life.  The consequences being you wasting large amounts of your life on some bitch you will end up resenting + a very large possibility of you spending a large amount of time being heart broken and miserable as fuck ( check out a couple current threads on SL for proof ) + missing out an the LARGE amounts of pussy and head that high school chicks put out.  compared to getting all that pussy and head, being happy, and enjoying your youth doing whatever the fuck it is you want to do without worrying about some bitch.  The only other possible up side to looking for love at 16, is that your ass gets married earlier.  Like, you are with that one girl, earlier.  That sucks.  You are both going to look back and wish you had partied more.  Its bad odds, think about it.

I also think this is a mental health issue.  Most people out desperately looking for someone tend to be really unhappy with themselves.  They are trying to become happy on the whim of another person.  This aint going to happen.  As my man 13 said( in so many words) , You aren't going to be happy with someone else, until you are perfectly happy all by yourself.  Trust me there kiddo.

13hourstoparadise

Agreeeeed!

Love is a hard thing to come by, if you have it, great, but at such a young age live it up, it's lust (for the most part) -- Enjoy your youth - and wear a fucking condom!

rock_n_frost

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 22, 2009, 06:52 AM
Agreeeeed!

Love is a hard thing to come by

theres no love.........its just familiarity or kind of a habbit
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

13hourstoparadise

I fell in love once, it was great. Also the worst pain in the world when she cheated on me. Then more pain when I broke up with her and she stabbed me. Four times. Huge scars on my forearm, but I covered them with ink.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 22, 2009, 10:51 AM
I fell in love once, it was great. Also the worst pain in the world when she cheated on me. Then more pain when I broke up with her and she stabbed me. Four times. Huge scars on my forearm, but I covered them with ink.

yeah, thats the result.......

dont fall in love

- to my lovely people

rock_n_frost

Quote from: aenemic on Jan 14, 2009, 02:00 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Jan 14, 2009, 01:56 AM
the girl i want is 16... and she seems to be pretty mature, most than many girls older i've ever meet!

well, she's not. doesn't matter if she seems mature or not. girls that age should not be trusted.

yeah !...

Jacob

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 22, 2009, 10:51 AM

crazy bitch. what's there to miss?

13hourstoparadise

Funny, I still do miss her... However I've learned what type of person I want to be in a relationship with, and I learned a lot about myself. No pain, no gain.

Jacob

devlin

Quote from: Variable on Jan 22, 2009, 05:12 AM
Ill fucking say it.  If you're 16, get the fuck over yourself.  You are not going to find love.  Fuck, you haven't even figured out how to dress properly.  Why the fuck someone would think that after 16 years in of life, that they have grown enough to achieve what 99% of adults are looking intensely for, is beyond me.  You are going to change SO much in the next decade, or two, that its not even worth messing around with.  This just comes down to risk VS benefit.  You are risking being one of the 1 or 2 % that actually meets their love you age compared to the large majority that meet them much later in life.  The consequences being you wasting large amounts of your life on some bitch you will end up resenting + a very large possibility of you spending a large amount of time being heart broken and miserable as fuck ( check out a couple current threads on SL for proof ) + missing out an the LARGE amounts of pussy and head that high school chicks put out.  compared to getting all that pussy and head, being happy, and enjoying your youth doing whatever the fuck it is you want to do without worrying about some bitch.  The only other possible up side to looking for love at 16, is that your ass gets married earlier.  Like, you are with that one girl, earlier.  That sucks.  You are both going to look back and wish you had partied more.  Its bad odds, think about it.

I also think this is a mental health issue.  Most people out desperately looking for someone tend to be really unhappy with themselves.  They are trying to become happy on the whim of another person.  This aint going to happen.  As my man 13 said( in so many words) , You aren't going to be happy with someone else, until you are perfectly happy all by yourself.  Trust me there kiddo.

i agree 16 is too young to throwing around the word love. lust and love are easy to confuse and at 16 you lust after just about everything with a pulse. every girl is "the one" for about 2 weeks.

but man i have never heard anyone with such a harsh view on relationships/love before. not just referencing this post. i'm going to guess you were hurt bad by a girl when you were young or one of you parents hurt the other when you were a kid. you seem to so jaded.

lostpilot

"love" when you're 16 is actually just "hormones", not the feeling itself

Variable

Quote from: devlin on Jan 22, 2009, 12:38 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jan 22, 2009, 05:12 AM

i agree 16 is too young to throwing around the word love. lust and love are easy to confuse and at 16 you lust after just about everything with a pulse. every girl is "the one" for about 2 weeks.

but man i have never heard anyone with such a harsh view on relationships/love before. not just referencing this post. i'm going to guess you were hurt bad by a girl when you were young or one of you parents hurt the other when you were a kid. you seem to so jaded.
I guess I am Jaded.  I think I'm just a realist more than anything.  My parents did get divorced, although I really don't think that bothered me much at all.  But I did get pretty fucked up by one girl right around the age of 18.  So I guess you are right there.  But still, I don't know if it is so much that as just observing the world and realizing reality.  The happiest I have ever been was when girls were the last thing from my mind ( boys too you fucking sickos ) There are a lot of really cool things that I have done,, that might have been miserable if I was in a relationship and had someone to miss.  I don't want to ever be held back because of some girl.  Some girl who will more than likely leave at some point.  Its just statistics.

But yeah, the last girl I dated HATED my views on this.  This is like first date conversation for me.  I lay it all out there and let em know exactly what they are getting into.  I explained to her how I have a whole time line for when I am allowed to start dating , how long I have to date a girl before I propose, how long the engagement will be, how long until we have kids....I timelined my whole dam life.  Drove her nuts.  To this day she still gives me a hard time about it.  Its pretty funny.

goldpony

i like how you threw that disclaimer about boys in there trey :)

but srsly, give up on the timeline man. just let it happen. by setting a timeline, you set expectations (seemingly unrealistic) that may not be acheivable. for instance, what if you meet the coolest, most beautiful woman in the world, someone who wants to be with you and you want to be with; are you going to set a timeline on when you do certain things in the relationship? i understand not wanting to dive in and get burned, thats not what i'm talking about. i guess i'm trying to say dont be so rigid and allow for some flexability, cause you never know when the oppurtunity arrives and you should be flexible with these "timelines" since this hypothetical woman may not wait on your timeline.

oh, and a relationship should never hold you back. each partner should be free to explore their interests and oppurtunities but with the caveat that you know where home is
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devlin

i agree the timeline is a bad idea. i can understand having goals or dreams. wanting to be married by 30 or whatever. but you have to let nature take its coarse. you'll do all those things when it feels right between you and your partner. not because of the date. i dunno how unromantic is that to propose to a girl just because you past the 5 yr mark or whatever. girls like spontaneous sweep them off there feet behavior, i'm not suprised your last girl was turned off by how regemented you are.

shine down unshy

He's in the service, and used to getting told what time something is going to happen.  It's only natural that he plans his life out like that.  If that's the way he is, then he'll find a girl who likes being told what to do and when to do it and end up being happy, amirite?

devilinside

Quote from: shine down unshy on Jan 22, 2009, 09:11 PM
then he'll find a girl who likes being told what to do and when to do it and end up being happy, amirite?

LMAO! Sadly...there are chics like that.

devlin

He's in the service, and used to getting told what time something is going to happen.  It's only natural that he plans his life out like that.  If that's the way he is, then he'll find a girl who likes being told what to do and when to do it and end up being happy, amirite?

yeah your probably right. 

and i agree with having a strict routine on a daily basis. but planning out your life and having a timeline seems a bit excessive.

goldpony

Sgt. Trey: "Fix me my vittles woman, or i'll whup you again. you know i eat everyday at exactly 5:15 p.m."
Mrs. Trey: "yes dear, it wont happen again dear"

I can totally see this conversation happening
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt