Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bush

Started by Penicks, Jan 17, 2009, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

America, this was your president for the past eight years.

devilinside

Only Bush I ever liked.

I <3 Gavin

whodunit?

Starz

bright lights, big city

what an idiot.

but yeah, that pic above made me throw up
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

It made me laugh.  A well done video.  But its not like every word that come out of the mouth of JKF or FDR was philosophically profound.  IT was that kicked back tone that got George W. elected, twice.  It was his ability to connect with common people that got him elected.  Obviously not his intelligence.  So I just kind of roll my eyes when people make fun of Bush for this.  Because after all he did amount to become the president for two terms.  Most of us cant say that.  Also its only natural for someone to fumble a few words when you are as busy as the President.  The President has about 300 things going on at once.  Ill forgive any president for messing up a speech.  I don't like Bush because of the way he governed the country.  Not because of his communication skills. 

Oh, and since we want to call people idiots.  Here is your boy in all his glory. 
[youtube=425,350]omHUsRTYFAU[/youtube]

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

indeed.

We all know that Bush did a lot of horrible things while in office.  His approval ratings are not so hot either.  I know most of you don't agree with, or understand my respect for the office regardless of who is in it.  But in that sentiment can we try to send Bush off on a positive note.  Did he every do anything that any of you actually liked? 

I'm going to try to think long and hard about that question and see if I can't find something that he did to govern the country that I actually liked.  But for right now, I can say that he took care of the military.  We got hooked the fuck up with funding.  All the new equipment and the amount of funding for extra training under Bush was amazing.  So I am appreciative of that.

defskull

Of course you did.  You guys needed that if you were going to be fighting in Iraq.  And that was a good video of Barack.  He's a great speaker, but he's still human.  He said he didn't have much sleep and it was pretty evident.  Ron Paul would never fail though. He's a god.

Variable

Of course he didn't have much sleep.  I'm sure in most of Bush's fuck ups he hadn't had much sleep either.  I don't think presidents get much sleep, ever. 

And I love Ron Paul.  But I'm pretty sure I have seen him stutter once or twice.  But I can't figure out if you were being a sarcastic ass hole because you know I like him.  Or if you actually like him. 

defskull

I know you like him and I like him as well. And at the same time I was mocking those who think he is god, because Ron Paul is not the best speaker either but gets the job done.

Variable

yeah my dad doesn't like him because he says " he sounds like a babbling buffoon.  He just isnt presidential like." Which is bull shit.  I dont give two shits how someones communication skills are.  I care about their intelligence and their policies. Their fucking ability to govern.   I don't give two shits how talented someone is at lying to me.  But for some reason people get off on that shit ( EG, the whole premise of this thread )

rock_n_frost

- bush messed up everything
- almost all world hated usa government
- the trustable of usa was going down at that time
- the real usa goverment decided to make the world love them again
- they had to prove that they are not making wars for patrol
- so the new president should  support to not fighting about that
- but how in poll he! could win ?
- they found a real stupid rival (mccain) aganist him(barack)
- the stupid rival did what he had to do (keep sayin ''i love wars,i ll destroy the world,dont choose me'')
- now people love barack

but i still prefer clinton.......he just think about sex,that means he still has humanity in it..

well thats how  look from the outside
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Variable

please tell me that English is not your first language.

And obviously Obama is not anti war.  He is going to increase troop levels in Afghanistan like crazy, wants to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely, and talks about going to war with Pakistan.  Enough with this rose colored glasses bull shit already.

samson simpson

bush was great

Variable

That would be a unique opinion

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Variable on Jan 19, 2009, 11:27 AM
please tell me that English is not your first language.

And obviously Obama is not anti war.  He is going to increase troop levels in Afghanistan like crazy, wants to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely, and talks about going to war with Pakistan.  Enough with this rose colored glasses bull shit already.

i agree with you man...i cant belive but its true

(and yeah i told you before english is not my language, not in school i just  learnt it by myself, thats why it sucks..sorry for that)
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

samson simpson

Quote from: Variable on Jan 19, 2009, 11:45 AM
That would be a unique opinion

bush would probably be the coolest to get wasted to with

with his good ol boy demeanor and the way he just carries himself

thats why he is great

his decisions are a non factor..

hes not the main head calling shots for what has happened the last 8 years

i dont vote

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Variable on Jan 19, 2009, 11:27 AM

I agree.  I like him but I am over everyone acting as though he is the next coming of Christ.  I want to see what he can really do, whether he'll do what he said, and if we can pull ourselves out of the mess.  He definitely has a presence but everyone's caught up in the novelty of a black president (which is significant but is sad that we couldn't do it before now) and infatuated by his speeches.  Let's wrap up the inauguration and put it to the grindstone.

There was an amusing article in Maxim last month about the things that Bush did right.  Mostly, it was a domino effect.  Once he made a bad decision there would be something accidentally positive that would occur ten events down the line as a result.  I'll have to reread it and post later.

goldpony

i think the best thing bush has done is get people involed in the democratic process. if it wasn't for his incompetenance, i'm sure about half the people that voted in the last election wouldnt have and it inspired people to vote for change instead of the normal political retreads that normally win

YES WE CAN!

:D :D :D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt