Started by Penicks, Jan 17, 2009, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

he touch every subject
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Variable

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 19, 2009, 12:00 PM
(and yeah i told you before english is not my language, not in school i just  learnt it by myself, thats why it sucks..sorry for that)
Yeah you probably did and I just forgot.  You're doing just fine.  I was just trying to see if you were talking like that because English is not your first language, or if you were just really high or drunk and speaking nonsense.
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 19, 2009, 06:00 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jan 19, 2009, 11:27 AM
And obviously Obama is not anti war.  He is going to increase troop levels in Afghanistan like crazy, wants to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely, and talks about going to war with Pakistan.  Enough with this rose colored glasses bull shit already.

I agree.  I like him but I am over everyone acting as though he is the next coming of Christ.  I want to see what he can really do, whether he'll do what he said, and if we can pull ourselves out of the mess.  He definitely has a presence but everyone's caught up in the novelty of a black president (which is significant but is sad that we couldn't do it before now) and infatuated by his speeches.  Let's wrap up the inauguration and put it to the grindstone.

There was an amusing article in Maxim last month about the things that Bush did right.  Mostly, it was a domino effect.  Once he made a bad decision there would be something accidentally positive that would occur ten events down the line as a result.  I'll have to reread it and post later.
I don't think its so sad that we couldn't do it before now.  I think its sad that in 2008-2009 race still matters so much to people.  Everyone is making this big hoopla about our first black president and this huge historic event with no shame at all.  If I were Obama, I would be a little upset that people were viewing me by the color of my skin, instead of my talent.

But yeah, I am anxious to see how the country will change too.  He seems to have some pretty good plans so far.  I'm not real sure about his economic stimulus plan though.  But I think as long as congress can keep him from following through on his ridiculous universal health care proposal and at least moderate his tax plan, we will be just fine.
Quote from: goldpony on Jan 19, 2009, 10:45 PM
i think the best thing bush has done is get people involed in the democratic process. if it wasn't for his incompetenance, i'm sure about half the people that voted in the last election wouldnt have and it inspired people to vote for change instead of the normal political retreads that normally win

YES WE CAN!

:D :D :D
I wouldn't exactly put Obama above the level of political retards that usually win.  He seems to be right on that level with the rest of them.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 19, 2009, 10:04 AM
- bush messed up everything
- almost all world hated usa government
- the trustable of usa was going down at that time
- the real usa goverment decided to make the world love them again
- they had to prove that they are not making wars for patrol
- so the new president should  support to not fighting about that
- but how in poll he! could win ?
- they found a real stupid rival (mccain) aganist him(barack)
- the stupid rival did what he had to do (keep sayin ''i love wars,i ll destroy the world,dont choose me'')
- now people love barack

but i still prefer clinton.......he just think about sex,that means he still has humanity in it..

well thats how  look from the outside

come on man its not so hard to understand what i mean
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Jan 20, 2009, 01:33 PM
Quote from: goldpony on Jan 19, 2009, 10:45 PM
i think the best thing bush has done is get people involed in the democratic process. if it wasn't for his incompetenance, i'm sure about half the people that voted in the last election wouldnt have and it inspired people to vote for change instead of the normal political retreads that normally win

YES WE CAN!

:D :D :D
I wouldn't exactly put Obama above the level of political retards that usually win.  He seems to be right on that level with the rest of them.

not the sarcastic smileys at the bottom.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

I'm not going to enter the political aspects of this thread and W Bush...

Some people you just hate, the stupid things they say, the dumb look on their face, the dumbass things they do that just gets under your skin... Mr. Geogre W Bush is that person. I fucking hate his dumb grin/smirk -- he really gets my goat.

Now a woman's shaved bush -- well that is the most beautiful thing in the world -- the ones that taste like pineapple while having great sex listening to Portist Head, Fiona Apple, and or Team Sleep. :)